PDA

View Full Version : Doing the Nasty?

Ifishtoolittle
04-19-2011, 10:36 PM
So I saw something rather interesting today at a lake I fish at spawners of all kinds and sizes. Well let me be more specific I saw a bedding Bluegill, small bedding bass like 10", and two huge spawning LMBs like 4-5lbs. So I'm a little confused because I know that typically when Bluegills spawn that means that the LMBs are usually done with their deed, but smaller bass may sometimes spawn with them. What caught my attention as strange behavior is the pair of huge LMBs still spawning. What does everyone else think? My thought on it is that the LMBs find the conditions in the lake suitable enough to have a second spawn which I've read is not as uncommon as one would think. Gratz.

-IF2L

fish-o-haulic
04-19-2011, 11:02 PM
So I saw something rather interesting today at a lake I fish at spawners of all kinds and sizes. Well let me be more specific I saw a bedding Bluegill, small bedding bass like 10", and two huge spawning LMBs like 4-5lbs. So I'm a little confused because I know that typically when Bluegills spawn that means that the LMBs are usually done with their deed, but smaller bass may sometimes spawn with them. What caught my attention as strange behavior is the pair of huge LMBs still spawning. What does everyone else think? My thought on it is that the LMBs find the conditions in the lake suitable enough to have a second spawn which I've read is not as uncommon as one would think. Gratz.

-IF2L

dont know what to tell you. Ive heard that same thing about largemouth taking seconds at the spawning thing but was never sure, not really a largemouth guy. Bluegill im surprised are still around long enough to spawn with the bass that close.

Ifishtoolittle
04-20-2011, 12:09 AM
dont know what to tell you. Ive heard that same thing about largemouth taking seconds at the spawning thing but was never sure, not really a largemouth guy. Bluegill im surprised are still around long enough to spawn with the bass that close.

Well these gills were rather large 7"+. They were hanging out the 6"-10" bass, but occasionally a 3lbr cruised on by.