PDA

View Full Version : pyramid 4/18

MikesOcean
04-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Launched at 8am on Monday with a buddy. Water temps were 57-59. Unlike my last trip I was not metering the fish like I was on Friday. I didn't troll at all. I basically was scouting around just looking for good marks so I can anchor up and bait and wait. I was struggling to find a good spot. All the big metering I was getting was in 130-170 ft. I failed to even get bit. =( it was quite frustrating for me. Especially because I went there with high hopes. So I got the BIG SKUNK!!!! I was happy to hear from another report that gary. And hiro caught some fish during this slower time.

I'm sure its not long before things change for the good. Its nice to see the lake getting warmer little by lit
tle.

I guess it was just one of those days for me. But hey, I can't complain too much. Life is Good!!!

Until next time
Mikesocean

Shore Stalker
04-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Its the weather. It did the same thing to me. Went last week and the fish were active. Went this week and the fishing was realy tough. They let a good foot of water out of the lake and the whole thing is now merky as hell for some reason.

Dr. MindBendo
04-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Full moon fellas. They've been feeding at night.

BIGBASS MB
04-21-2011, 09:59 AM
HEY MIKE,
sorry bout the skunk bro... just got back from fishing with my brother and his tow boys 10 and 8 up in Bishop area, fishing was on the slow side due to high water levels on the Owens river also fisher the PVR dam area bait and wait... on the way back stopped at the sand traps and it was wide open for the boys... As for the strippers and the moon, i agree with the post above they go into the Prowler Mode ( feed in the dark sleep during daylight) but good fishing is just around the corner, May has always been excellent for the stripper...
MB

dixoncider
04-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the Pyramid report..even if it was slow for you..good to get some info from up there...