PDA

View Full Version : 8-3 Catalina Trip

Soakin Bait
08-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi Everyone
Had some friends wanting to go to Catalina Saturday and willing cough up the cash for fuel. So the four of use left out of Davies at 4am. after baitng up at the bait barge we left and went to the island. Went searching for yellows but no love so we pulled into a cove on the backside. Buddy of mine caught a good size calico bass. Later on we found another spot and started to chum for something since all the chatter on the radio was no yellows. We ended up with 1 Bonita, 2 Sargo, 3 Sheephead, 7 Blue Perch, and 5 Calicos. Got back at 4:30 and it was a zoo at the ramp :eyepop: . Someone pulled there boat right next to mine at the dock. I had to push the bow out pretty far so I could clear it. Overall it was a good day and we didn't get :skunk: . I'll be out in a couple of weeks and try again.

Soakin Bait

Baseballer44
08-05-2007, 09:54 PM
thanks for the report. too bad about the lack of yellows. thats getting old to hear.

Soakin Bait
08-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Got that right.
One guy on the radio was complaining about all the empty patties and saying this is when he doesn't like to be out on the water. Hey you in a boat in the ocean over 25 miles from the coast. Some people can't even get out where he is to fish! Cut your losses and pull in closer to Catalina and get some smaller fish. That's fishing, you never know? Hopefully the yellows will make it past all the others targeting them and we can get a few not a lot. Now if the water warms up like last year can anyone say "Dorado"!!!

Tight Lines

Soakin Bait

ironshrimp
08-06-2007, 09:59 AM
oh ....yeah...

good to see you out on the water again

been too long

PM me if you wanna head out again

Best,

Adir

Soakin Bait
08-06-2007, 03:01 PM