PDA

View Full Version : New Fish Cat 4

Kelster
04-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Stopped off at local Sports Chalet to pick up some waders and ended up getting the waders and a Fish Cat 4. I was going to get the Cat 4 at BSP but they had one there, I was there and it was $10.00 cheaper. They also had a set of Force Fins marked down to $59.00. Looked like a good deal but I didn't have the $60.00 on me but they will hold them for me until tomorrow. Now a pump, boots and PFD and I think I will be ready. Looking forward to getting into the water with this thing soon.

fishinone
04-18-2011, 04:21 PM
That's a nice tube, my buddy has one.

Another friend has the Force Fins, he swears by them. He has no problem out distancing me with Caddis fins. I'm probably stronger than him and he leaves me behind.

RiverWalker
04-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Good deal! You should definitely grab those force fins for $59. I'm surprised they still have some that are marked down or in the size you're looking for. Word got out a while back that Sports Chalet was marking down the Force fins so a lot of people swooped in a grabbed them all. It's weird though, each location offers different prices or 'Manager Specials' as they like to call it. I've heard $40, $60, $80, and now $59. And some locations are still trying to sell them for $180 and $140. Go figure! You lucked out bud. Enjoy them! That's even cheaper than the Hot Spots which sell for about $80. When you go back to Sports chalet, you should also pick up a pair of the Glacier Glove float tube booties. They have a fin knob in the back which helps keep them your fins in place, plus I personally like the velcro side closures instead of the zippered ones because it's easier to get in and out. They go for about $39. Just make sure you check the force fin size chart on their website so you can buy the size needed to wear a booty over your stocking foot. If you get a fin size too small, you may have to wear them with only your stocking foot which I don't recommend. Most importantly, you could damage or puncture your stocking feet while walking around the shorelines after removing your fins when getting in and out. Secondly, if you plan to tube any cold water lakes as I do (like in the Eastern Sierras), you will be wishing you had an extra 3mm or 4mm of neoprene covering your feet.

Socal Bassman
04-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Congrats on the new tube. It's a good tube and I'm sure it will serve you well.

Kelster
04-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks, I am going to try to build the pole holders this weekend, then break it in in the next couple of weeks. Or should I say break me in to tubing.