PDA

View Full Version : Camping/Night Fishing

vistacourt
04-17-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm thinking about camping next Friday at the lagoon and doing some night fishing. I am wondering if the environment is good for the wife and kids. Is it mellow, or do people get crazy drunk and cause problems? I like to party a bit myself but I've had some bad experiences camping so close to the city before.

kerryvbc1
04-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Its a pretty cool place to camp with the family. The sheriff goes thru there a few times a night. I've never had any problems. The campground starts to fill up fast when the weather is nice.

reservoir dog
04-17-2011, 10:38 PM
I've fished there at night many times and it's very mellow and quiet there. No drunks or rowdy people. Whether you fish from the pier or the rocks all the anglers there are friendly and I have never encountered any bad attitudes. The sheriff does patrol and check for licenses so you and your family should be safe.

SDDave
04-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Good place to take the family, park rules can be found at www.Castaiclake.com
There's no alcohol or smoking allowed, I've seen them starting to enforce the no smoking laws at the park, about time, nothing worse than following a trail of butts floating on the surface and no the ducks won't eat them.

laserbrn
04-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah, no smoking and no drinking....what the heck is the point again of camping at Castaic Lake?

vistacourt
04-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Really no drinking when camping? I like a couple cold ones.... just not full blown parties. And if you can't smoke why do they let you have a campfire? Isn't that just a big smoke generator?

laserbrn
04-19-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm not really all about camping and partying, but I'm also not about legislating and restricting. Drunk or sober you are responsible for your actions. If it's quiet after 10:00pm, then sober, drunk, high, or just derranged you need to shut up @ 10:00pm. Now the only ones that can have any fun are the people willing to the break the law, everyone else loses out.

Camping/fishing without beer....geez

FDBCentral
04-19-2011, 07:21 PM
The lagoon is a great place to fish, the water level is pretty high. Looks like the boats are getting at the ideal areas to fish. I was out there last weekend, got a few bites but no cigar.

Lots "A" and "B" are good choices to pitch a camp. "C" is usually where the party groups go. Everyone I've seen there has a drink or two, so long as you don't get out of hand. At this time, there isn't too much activity. Last week i think i saw a total of 5 groups, it was a bit chilly though. I would just check the Castic sight for reservation fill ups. As of 7:20pm Tuesday there are 23ish spots left.:EyePop:

Overall it's a very safe lake, we usuall fish 8-10pm til 8-10am, the campers usually wake about 6am and start heading out to the lake

Enjoy

Leo
**edit - There are new signs posted "No smoking or alcohol". You might want to be safe if you play, might be a ticket inbound. :(

dixoncider
04-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah, no smoking and no drinking....what the heck is the point again of camping at Castaic Lake?

To some that would be even more of a reason to camp there...

raterBfishin
04-20-2011, 10:22 PM
castaic is the worst place to camp, people blasting music, drinking, too many people in a tight space. would never ever camp there again. OH, i was in a travel trailer, would have never got any sleep if i was in a tent. and yes we called the sheriffs twice! did i mention the sites are the smallest i've ever camped in! avoid at all costs! go anywhere else. with 25 years of camping, castaic is the worst!

KID-FISH
04-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Regarding the camping spaces, very small and tight, especially in lot C where there is nothing but dirt. Lots A and B have grass and may be the better option. Not much privacy, but it shouldn't be too busy around this time, check their site first though. It was about 3 years ago when I camped there in lot C, so it may be different. The only good thing about lot C is the fishing near the reeds, lots of vegetitation and shade. but you may want to walk the shoreline in search of good spots.
As far as the people go, you never know what you get - there are always jerks around, but I think the weather determines the crowd. Let us know how it goes, give it a shot and see what you think...Piru might be a better choice?