PDA

View Full Version : Stocking Crystal Lake

castlekid
04-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Crystal Lake is open again. glad my son and I got up there again just to see it before people begin to trash it. I know it sounds cynical buts that's what has happened to the once beautiful San Gabriels that I knew as a kid. It might be nice if they stocked the lake and allowed fishing by float tube only. I realize that that would restrict many from enjoying a beautiful experience but I would hate to see beer cans, PB bottles, styrofoam, and other stuff trashing out a beautiful spot.

Frequent Flyer
04-17-2011, 08:42 PM
sounds real nice. cant wait to get up ther someday. i hate the ppl who do that and dont giv a darn about with an attitude

TROUT MASTERS
04-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the pic,sure brought back a lot of memmory.

Kelster
04-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Lot's of memories from the seventies up there.

redondo todd
04-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Went up to crystal lake on saturday for a few small 6-8 inch bass . Could only fish for 20 min due to major bug problems,several bites and wife was stung by a large bumble bee . Had to get out of there .Water was very clear . Will bring some spray next time. Todd

castlekid
04-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Yea we have had several memorable camp trips up there such a nice spacious campground lots of good memories for my friends and family also.

Darius
04-30-2011, 01:42 PM
The ignorant people will always trash the beautiful places and it truly disgusts me! The reason being since the scums who are responsible for the trash live in places where it's a slum, they lack the mental capacity and social cohesion to take care and respect the land. These individuals need to be educated and most of them are people of you know what. Just check out the streams that are filled with 40oz's, condoms, tagging resembling Hispanic gangs, baby diapers and what not. As much as I love crystal lake re- opening it is ironic that I wish it stayed closed. Leave it for the wildlife that have a sense of appreciation, heck even animals are smarter than the fckn ignorant idiots who trash the beautiful places!

P.A.W.
04-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Boy, +1!!! Even lakes further out like South Lake and Sabrina suffer from this stuff. That's why I will only go there in October when it's too cold for the Hoodniks. Even then I take some large trash bags to clean up their crap. They even leave their old lawn chairs out there...... SHEEESH!!

Darius
05-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I bring a large bag also, and when I'm picking up trash you can trust me I'm cussing my heart out for other people to hear me.