PDA

View Full Version : Fishing and freediving Mexico trip - got some nice video

Geraldlim
04-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Not sure if this is posted here or out of state. Mods can move it if wrong forum.
Just got back from Mexico, had a wonderful time and shot some nice video.
Saw some HUGE yellowfin up tp 300#+!
Had an amazing time interacting with a mother whale and her calf, plus wahoo, sharks, tuna, mantas etc.
Caught marlin, tuna and wahoos.

http://vimeo.com/22481072

Hamburgesadamus
04-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

riverside_angler
04-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Extremely COOL!

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
04-17-2011, 06:39 AM
NICE ! ! ! ! !
Where was all this in Mexico?
I'll be going to Cabo in a couple weeks for some fishing and R&R, probably going to be fishing the Banks.
Thanks !
TTFM

Geraldlim
04-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Thanks. All I can say is it was out of Cabo (skipper's request).
Marlin was in the middle of nowhere on the way back from one of the areas to Cabo, but i know that's not really going to be helpful to you. Sorry.

fullstringer
04-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Gerald very nice,see ya at the next fishing get together

Joe

Matt_Magnone
04-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Gerald you are extremely privileged to go to that "special place"!!!! super jealous!

amazing to see a 300+ giant swimming underwater without a care in the world. when i went down on my 15 day it was insane to see just how big these fish really are in person. pictures can NEVER do a justice. these fish are absolutely mammoth! eyes as big and bigger than a baseball and their second dorsal damn near longer than a small child.

id kill to see those things again.

AWESOME AWESOME VIDEO. Seeing those wahoo got my heart pumpin also!!!

sapdawg11
04-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Unbelievable footage. Absolutely living the dream! Just awesome. Congrats on an amazing trip. And a really huge thanks for sharing. :UDaMan::UDaMan::UDaMan:

Newfishsmell
04-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Wow ... Thanks for posting

Geraldlim
04-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Gerald you are extremely privileged to go to that "special place"!!!! super jealous!
I have been going down there for almost 15 years then missed the last 5 years. In all those trips I had one
other close encounter with whales like this, and seen 300 pound tuna maybe 3 or 4 times. This trip I had four close encounters with whales, and in that one school alone in the video I saw probably 4-5 tuna in the 300 lb class. This was a trip of a lifetime, and I was lucky enough to actually catch some of it on video. I was truely priviledged.

Matt_Magnone
04-17-2011, 11:36 PM
wow. id me totally in awe. have you noticed any significant change through the years? with the increase of seining and all that jive id be curious to see if there was any decline in life.

its crazy to watch those whales swim. we were down at Clarion and i was able to get a glimpse of humpbacks from a distance. its amazing to see how effortless they swim and look when you know they are thousands of pounds. way cool.

whats gonna be your new adventure? you should see if you can get a big bluefin or something haha!

that 655# spear fish record aint got nothin on gerald!!! id crap myself if i attempted a shot at this...

http://www.freedive.net/ibsrc/Ful_sizepx/bft_gas.jpg

Kelster
04-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Simply Beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Hog Caller
04-18-2011, 08:25 AM
That was an awesome video. Great job on the whole thing. I don't think I could have stayed under that long watching all the killer fish swim by without getting back on the boat to try to catch them. I'm guessing you probably did as much of that as you wanted though.

Brent

diamondbear
04-18-2011, 09:45 AM
WOW , Your a true adventurer seeing the ocean in ways we only dream of . GREAT VIDEO , THANK YOU .

Fat Tony
04-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Yha man that video was freaking great that looked awsome.

Geraldlim
04-18-2011, 04:38 PM
If you think this was good you gotta see this vid my buddy Terry Maas who was on this trip made from a previous trip - marlin, dorado and whales ripping into a baitball, all on a super hi-def camera the size of a 5 gallon bucket. It will make you wet your pants! You even get to see a marlin actually impale a sardine on its bill in slow mo - amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2kQF7eWkIs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

lovefofish
04-18-2011, 09:46 PM
were those aj's?

awsome video to say the least. best wahoo footy I have seen in a long time! I would put this up for sale if I were you, It kicks Dan Hernandez's @$$ :D

Geraldlim
04-19-2011, 06:36 AM
There were no amberjacks, just bigeye jacks and rainbow runners.

diamondbear
04-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Man , I can watch this vid. a couple of times , pretty cool .

socal114
04-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Amazing vid...Did you use the stock wp case that came with the Hero. I was told the oval (dome) on the case causes problems with the underwater video quality. Nicely done!!

Geraldlim
04-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately yes, I was using the stock housing with the dome port, which is why the footage is kinda blurry. I did not find out about it until I was already out to sea, and by then it was too late to do anything about it. Oh well. I will get the aftermarket flat port lens to fix the problem.

ToadsToadsOnly
05-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Wow what amazing footage I would love to do a trip like yours one day.