PDA

View Full Version : Finally!! No skunk at Castaic!!

Hawk
04-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Beautiful day out there today. Fish are bedding in a lot of coves. Hit the water at 10 am but didn't land a fish until about 4. The bedding fish are real spooky and it was hard to make them mad enough to bite. The tournament going on today didn't help either...

Caught this one sight fishing a bed with a craw imitation.

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr143/Hawkham/IMG_4482.jpg

After releasing him/her, I waited about 5 minutes and hit the same bed and nailed its partner.

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr143/Hawkham/IMG_4484.jpg

After that the wind started picking up a lot more and my trolling motor battery started dying on me so my bro and I called it a day.

Ladies and gents, I fish a lot. I am pretty damn good too, but Castaic has ALWAYS been a sore spot for me. I probably have fished the lower and upper 12 times combined and I have never caught a fish there until today.

Today was a good day.

kerryvbc1
04-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Congratulations on beating your skunk. Some lakes are just harder to fish than others. Everyone i know has a lake that is difficult for them. If there was a great day to beat the skunk today was the day.

Shore Stalker
04-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Conditions are rough at Castaic right now. The water level has not been this high for this long in years. For the past 2 years the water level has droped dramatically during the spawning period leaving most beds high and dry. Now its been maxed out for months. The Bass probably don't know what to think. They are probably waiting for someone to pull the drain plug on them. If the water level does not drop dramatically in the next 6 weeks it will be the first good spawn Castaic has had in years and with all the cover that has grown over the years that is now underwater the babys acually stand a chance of serviving.

Its killing me though cuz Im a shorefisherman and all the kickass spots I located are competly underwater and unaccesable. I just need a few feet but if the Bass our spawning its not worth it.

Anglerfish
04-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Way to go Hawk on beating you're Skunk at the Lagoon!! Yeah, the Lagoon is a lake in which you have good days and bad days. Look's like you finally had a good day. I myself have fished that place many many times, going home saying, " I ain't ever gonna kick out there again"!!! LOL... only to find myself back again and again, looking for the mystery fish!!!! And I do agree with Shore Stalker. The Lagoon water level is higher than I have seen it in many years during spawning season. I have to laugh at the comment about the bass waiting for someone to pull the plug cause that's so true.
At any rate, good catch!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-21-2011, 05:44 PM
SKUNK Shaka'....

Congratulations...maybe it's a sign of good things to come for U at the lakes, they certainly produce many fish throughout the year at the right times of year, one cannot expect wide open action within the low pressure barometer fluxes so often occuring as of late.

Stay on em !
way ta roll : )

Gary