PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid again 4/16

MikesOcean
04-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Going through the Grapevine all I see is warning signs saying very windy. Okay, great!!
Now all I'm thinking is should I go to Pyramid or not. Ahhh, why not. If it was too dangerous it would be closed, Right? So on our way to Pyramid.

Well after my last trip on Monday all I was thinking was that maybe the water was going to be warmer. To my surprise, it was the opposite. Water temps dropped to 55-56 degrees. On Monday it was 58-60. As soon as we left the no wake zone from the main channel I started to meter fish like CRAZY! The problem was that the majority of them were from 60-100 ft and BIG. Being that this lake is totally new to me, I basically was trolling all around the lake so I can learn the structure of it. Only 1 troll fish.

After several hours of cruising around the lake and me metering fish like CRAZY, I realized this is enough crap. Time to find a spot that is not too windy and I will anchor up. I drop bait and Zzzzzzzzzz SNAP!!! OMG. 2nd Bait Zzzzz set hook ....Farm
3rd again I miss. Okay wth!! I usually have a way better batting average then this. Finally set hook and land. I landed 6 of them on bait. I was fishing 2 poles and only the one with fluro got 5 and the one without only 1. I landed 1 catfish at 2lb
By the way, the problem I was having was getting a good anchor set. The wind would blow so hard at some points it would take me right off my spot. I anchored in 40 ft of water when I got my bait fish.

Hopefully with warmer weathers it will be bring them up. Huge potential very soon. I felt with all that metering I should have been doing way better. As soon as my bait started to get mushy, they wouldn't bite. If my hook was too big they ignored my bait. And If your hook is small you will get bit, its just a little harder to set the hook without losing fish. And I hate fishing small hooks cuz my favorite thing to do is swing when I set a hook.:LOL:

Again, I metered fish like crazy all over the place in 40+ ft all day long.

If your planning to go soon, Take FRESH bait!!!!!!!

I'm sorry no pics, my phone died and buddy took home fish.
All the stripers were all 2-3lb like my last post.

I might be hitting up again on Monday. I will post conditions.

Mikesocean

cutbait
04-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Good report.

Your going to striperfest 2011 right?

MikesOcean
04-16-2011, 06:52 PM
When is it? Since date keeps changing! hehe And am I invited?

trail blazer
04-16-2011, 06:52 PM
OOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,Great report,,

Wont be long and that place will XPLODE!

Im thinking that probably around the 30th or so it will be off the hook!

TRAIL BLAZER

trail blazer
04-16-2011, 06:55 PM
When is it? Since date keeps changing! hehe And am I invited?

Im personally inviting you,,,,,MY GUEST!

The date is set in stone!,,,,,2 weeks on the 30th.

Look at the fish rondvue section!

fishinone
04-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the report.

I hope to see you at StriperFest.

MikesOcean
04-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Im personally inviting you,,,,,MY GUEST!

The date is set in stone!,,,,,2 weeks on the 30th.

Look at the fish rondvue section!

I just might take you up!!!! =)

It would be cool to meet all you SICKOS. At least I won't feel alone as a fisoholic.

BTW......Correction in my report. I fished Friday April 15- 4!15 NOT 4!16. Oops

Shore Stalker
04-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Dont give up. There is nothing like a good recon mission. If you want my advice id tell you to buy a Topagaphical map of the lake. Fish n Maps makes one for Pyramid Castaic And Piru all in one map. Its 11 bucks with shipping

trail blazer
04-17-2011, 07:21 AM
I just might take you up!!!! =)

It would be cool to meet all you SICKOS. At least I won't feel alone as a fisoholic.

BTW......Correction in my report. I fished Friday April 15- 4!15 NOT 4!16. Oops

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gary and BOB are the sickOS!,,,,,,,,,,Not the BAKO bOYS,,,,,,,Were upstanding citizens !!LOL

TRAIL BLAZER

BIGBASS MB
04-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Mike if you keep going back for more your gonna get really good at this and you may not want to go to the salt anymore...
Hey big stripers are almost like yellows...
Mb

karlow
04-17-2011, 09:33 PM
No way my friend, we are talking freshwater seabass!

MikesOcean
04-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Mike if you keep going back for more your gonna get really good at this and you may not want to go to the salt anymore...
Hey big stripers are almost like yellows...
Mb

Haha. Long time Brotha!! Hope you been well! We are gonna have to kill some Yellow's again or hook up and do some striper killing!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Congrats on the success..

thats 2 in a row and no skunk...

Ur learnin....sounds like U already got their # !

Yes there are racks of stripers about but not all schools active....

find the active school and it's on !

Seek and destroy.....

Murder Death Keel...

Striper Fest Next weekend saturday the 30th...

Hope to see ya out there..

Nice work on the keel !

Gary

MikesOcean
04-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Congrats on the success..

thats 2 in a row and no skunk...

Ur learnin....sounds like U already got their # !

Yes there are racks of stripers about but not all schools active....

find the active school and it's on !

Seek and destroy.....

Murder Death Keel...

Striper Fest Next weekend saturday the 30th...

Hope to see ya out there..

Nice work on the keel !

Gary

Thank you bud! But, you must not have read my last post cuz I got the big skunk!! Haha. I just struggled to get them to bite. No Biggie! I'll get em next time.

And yes I would love to come to stripefest to get a chance to meet everyone. If I could get one of my fishing buddies to hit it up with me, then I will be there. Fishing is just not the same solo. =)

Mike