PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Hunt before work/Corona report 04/15

phishin phool
04-15-2011, 09:08 PM
I had never been able to get to fish for lightnings for various reasons, so when I saw they were gonna stock one more time this year, drastic measures were needed! Asked bossman for a few hrs vacation in the morning and he sad cool. :Shocked:
Got to the lake at 5:20 to find about 25-30 cars in line, pretty darn good! I was kickin my way towards the dam by 6:10. What an awesome sunrise on the water today, really made me realize how lucky I am to be able to float tube a lake with KILLER TROUT FISHING about 20 minutes from my house. Thank you God.
Anyway I saw that Sapdawg was killin it with the white lip ripperz last stock, so I thought I would start with that. Well absolutly no love on that, But they did really like my chartreuse power worm I was dragging behind my tube. They were diggin the orange peel worm also. No love on jigs at all. Ended up with my limit by 9:30. Fished pretty much around Brads tree(underwater) to the dam. Left with 3 lightnings/largest 2.5lbs and 2 sierra bows/largest 4lb. See sapdaws post from yesterday if your gonna boat/tube it for the hot spots, any where from launch to dam was good. If anyone is gonna be shore fishing head to the area nearest the dam by the last tree, I saw a guy absolutely killin it there and when he left some dude just drives in, sees the open spot, sets up and just kills it too, I mean catchin a fish everycast, crazy. Overall shorefishin was good, and better the closer you get to the dam. Once again an awesome morning at Corona, Thanks to the staff for all the unbelievable fish they have put in there this season!!!! sorry no pics, was in a rush to get to work. Hope this helps some one, Good luck and happy phishin, Peace.

sapdawg11
04-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Awesome report! Great detail and what's even better is to see someone so excited to be on the water. And kudos to your boss for understanding your addiction!!!!