PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Pier J open or closed?

karlkrger
04-15-2011, 02:34 PM
i know that there doing the races for indy this weekend but i was wondering if i was going to be able to get to the rocks at pier j.

DockRat
04-16-2011, 06:25 AM
i know that there doing the races for indy this weekend but i was wondering if i was going to be able to get to the rocks at pier j.

Yes Karl it is open but will be more crowded than normal. The fishing has been so so at best too. Try HH, they have a couple public docks and free parking in the residential area I've heard.

Try Bolsa Chica Wetlands eco reserve. Warner & PCH. You might like it. They have a 1/4 mile section that is legal to fish.
Park for free at the Interpiteve Center. Fish from the bridge towards HB. Bring Bait. Get some Ghost Shrimp at PCH and Seal Beach blvd, Big Fish.
From the 405 or 22 Freeways, take the Bolsa Chica exit south to Warner Avenue. Turn right on Warner Avenue to PCH. Turn left at PCH.

Map Quest
The Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve extends along the east side of Pacific Coast Highway in the city of Huntington Beach from Warner Avenue to Seapoint Avenue. It is open to the public daily from sunrise to sunset.

The Bolsa Chica Wetlands Interpretive Center is located at 3842 Warner Avenue, which is at the southeast corner of Warner Avenue and Pacific Coast Highway. A second parking lot is located on the east side of PCH, 1 mile south of Warner.
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/seashins/Huntington%20Beach/IMG_0623.jpg

Interpretive Center Hours:

Tuesday-Friday 10 am - 4 pm
Saturday 9 am - noon
Sunday 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm

DR