PDA

View Full Version : castaic after work

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Rolled over to the goon after work for a couple hours..

WINDY !

And when I say WINDY !...it was hell on wheels….

Gusts that seem to go from 40-50 (just guessing)

Fished the usual dropshot robos and did some senko fishing when I could with the extreme wind conditions…

Landed 3

Missed 2

Tough conditions but there’s still action to be had..very difficult to retain proper bottom contact and contact with ur lure…

Took 1 pic with my buddies camera phone (lost my camera)

Good luck out there

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/LAGOONwindy4-14-11.jpg
~nuthin ta’ get worked up about but it pacified my needs……

stepchild
04-15-2011, 10:56 AM
something is better than nothing

laserbrn
04-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Doing a lot better then I am. I've been hitting the goon all week and I haven't been able to get anything. I think I got a dinker earlier this week, but with this wind it's just been nuts. I went out for a couple of hours today and didn't get anything on robo's or senkos. May go back in a bit after my buddy gets off of work.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Doing a lot better then I am. I've been hitting the goon all week and I haven't been able to get anything. I think I got a dinker earlier this week, but with this wind it's just been nuts. I went out for a couple of hours today and didn't get anything on robo's or senkos. May go back in a bit after my buddy gets off of work.
Keep at it...theres definately activity but I am fishing real hard to get what I've got..

My buddy got the donut and I saw 7-8 other people out there that zilched too..

Fish it hard...beleive...

In the bigger spectrum in a few weeks (3-5 weeks I'd guess) when overall water temps get up there the whole lake will open up...

Now is the time to hone ur skills...get 'em now then when the bite goes wide open U'll be on top of ur game..

Get out there on 'em..

Good luck..

P.S.
Use some scent on ur plastics...not only for the scent but mainly for the texture...once u get em ta bite U'll need to get em to hold onto it..

Most hookups I've had iz from when I let em run with it a bit....it's in that sorta bite pattern right now...

The ones I got impatient with are the ones that I should have hooked and didn't !

Hope that helps...

Fish have been averaging approx 8 to 15' that I've been catching...I'd say 2/3rds of them in the deeper realms..

Not too many real deep regions accessable from shore but I did get 1 massive pressure bite in bout 25' but failed to lay the steel foundations !

Go get ya' sum ! : )

Gary

laserbrn
04-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks. I will keep at it. I want to roll out with the boat, but it's difficult during the week. I don't know anyone else that can come out and help me retrieve it. I don't have guide posts on my trailer and it's really flat so the stern just floats over the fenders when I attempt to retrieve it (especially if it's windy). Simple with a second person, but nearly impossible (at the lower lake) by myself. I can retrieve at the upper with help from the dock, but the lagoon is too difficult. I put a call out to a friend who said he'd help me weld on some mounts for guide posts, but you know how bro deals go....weeks later, not done.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow from the boat and go out a little deeper. Still no real striper activity to talk about at the upper, so I'm improvising as a bass fisherman.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks. I will keep at it. I want to roll out with the boat, but it's difficult during the week. I don't know anyone else that can come out and help me retrieve it. I don't have guide posts on my trailer and it's really flat so the stern just floats over the fenders when I attempt to retrieve it (especially if it's windy). Simple with a second person, but nearly impossible (at the lower lake) by myself. I can retrieve at the upper with help from the dock, but the lagoon is too difficult. I put a call out to a friend who said he'd help me weld on some mounts for guide posts, but you know how bro deals go....weeks later, not done.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow from the boat and go out a little deeper. Still no real striper activity to talk about at the upper, so I'm improvising as a bass fisherman.

try a post in the redevous section...u'll find someone to join U during the week

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-15-2011, 03:54 PM

Heads up…at least where I am now in Valencia, the wind is beginning to rip again..

Calm earlier today but it’s picking up again…not as bad as last eve but certainly some significant wind..

Just thought U should know going into it..