PDA

View Full Version : Longgg Day! 4/14/2011

murrieta angler
04-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Did an all day’r yesterday and was lucky enough to get a couple fish.
Forecast was calling for 70 degree weather, light winds, 3-4 foot swell, chest to head high surf and 60ish water temps. Forcast was right on with the exception of the winds. Got up to 15-18 MPH gusts.
Arrived at 7:25 and within my first few casts got this;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0414110756.jpg
That was the first time I ever caught a Shovel Nose on an LC, even though I tail hooked him, so I was rather surprised. I thought it was a good size Halibut.
Well, that would be my only fish for the next 10 hours, yes I said 10!
It was around 6:00 and the high tide was moving in. I cast out to this promising looking structure and this fish hit really hard;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0414111803.jpg
It was a pretty big male, it had this huge forehead and I thought it looked kinda funny.
After 12 hours at the beach I decided to call it quits, but not until I tried to stop making the sun go down;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/0414111917.jpg
I thought I hooked it, but I guess I farmed it..:Big Grin:

Have A Good One All,
Robert
<><

stepchild
04-15-2011, 10:58 AM
damn bro...that is an all day sesh.and you been working that lc for sometime now........better luck next time

ScottD
04-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Nice try Robert. Thanks for the report. Cool sunset pic.

ghetto dad
04-15-2011, 11:37 AM
damn man..that IS a long *** day...lol

at least you got couple....thanks for the report man

GD

Lipripper93561
04-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Sometimes that just how it goes. Good report, nothing like fishing a spot and watching the tide shift from high to low just to let you know how long it's been since you hooked up. Keep it up and hope to see you out one of these days.

Newfishsmell
04-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the report Robert , but i think were gonna have to change your name .

murrieta marathon angler , you'll get'em next time for sure.

Great sunset pic

efishent
04-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Wow, that must have been tiring, hope your next session is more packed with action. Those guitarfish, when big make some fun short runs turning on that drag music. Serious perch there too.

fishshep
04-15-2011, 10:28 PM
:Cool: LC sunset shot :Smile:

Bag those pebble rocks up and sell them
for landscaping purposes . :Idea: :LOL:

smokehound
04-16-2011, 12:23 AM
A good lesson for everyone-- stick it out, and you WILL catch a nice one!

That's a FAT surfperch!

DockRat
04-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Cool Pic, Still need waders ? How is the water.
DR

Wingnut
04-16-2011, 11:32 PM
I know one thing is for certain...
You will bounce back in a big way Robert. :Big Grin:
Sure wish you could have join us up North today. :Cool:

cjmedina
04-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Way to get out there

flyngby
04-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Robert,

You my friend always seem to stick it out for the long haul to find the bite if it is not there!

I have never seen a report of a Mother Shovel giving birth after a catch, but that might be as close as you can come to the smallest! I have caught some very small fish of different species and am just as proud as with my biggest.

Catching the "Sun" to extend the day is by far the most mindful photo I have ever seen here!

See you out there Buddy!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif.

n1ckxlam
04-17-2011, 08:17 PM
way to stick it robert, way to fish!
great report

nick

Native Gal
04-17-2011, 09:41 PM
MA,
Nice long recon MA, congrats on the new species and one of the best sunset pixs I have ever seen.

NG

murrieta angler
04-19-2011, 08:06 AM
damn bro...that is an all day sesh.and you been working that lc for sometime now........better luck next time
Hey Johnny,
Yeah, I just bought another LC in that color, the other one is tore up from all the hits its taken.
Robert
<><

Nice try Robert. Thanks for the report. Cool sunset pic.
Thanks Scott.
Robert
<><

damn man..that IS a long *** day...lol

at least you got couple....thanks for the report man

GD

Hey GD,
As you know it has its ups and downs. But, it's always nice to be out in the water.
Robert
<><

Sometimes that just how it goes. Good report, nothing like fishing a spot and watching the tide shift from high to low just to let you know how long it's been since you hooked up. Keep it up and hope to see you out one of these days.
Thanks Chris,
I think it might be time to head back North for a few trips.
Robert
<><

Thanks for the report Robert , but i think were gonna have to change your name .

murrieta marathon angler , you'll get'em next time for sure.

Great sunset pic
Hey Chuck,
I love those long days on the beach. I went out with the family on Saturday and we only stayed 4 hours.
No fish caught either.
Robert
<><

Wow, that must have been tiring, hope your next session is more packed with action. Those guitarfish, when big make some fun short runs turning on that drag music. Serious perch there too.

Thanks E.
Robert
<><

:Cool: LC sunset shot :Smile:

Bag those pebble rocks up and sell them
for landscaping purposes . :Idea: :LOL:

Hey Daniel,
Plenty of people bagging up the rocks every weekend.
I just wonder, if there are no more rocks, will the fishing deplete?!
Take Care,
Robert
<><

A good lesson for everyone-- stick it out, and you WILL catch a nice one!

That's a FAT surfperch!
Your exactly right Smoke,
But, not always the case.
Robert
<><

Cool Pic, Still need waders ? How is the water.
DR
Hey DR,
I'm getting spoiled with the waders but in my defense I am most always up to my stomach in water.
The temp that day was right around 60 degrees. I was in the surf Saturday with just the shorts and rod.
Robert
<><

I know one thing is for certain...
You will bounce back in a big way Robert. :Big Grin:
Sure wish you could have join us up North today. :Cool:

There will always be other days my friend, bank on it!
Take care Arthur.
Robert
<><

Way to get out there
Hey Carlos,
Have you not been fishing lately?!
What's Up?!
Robert
<><

Robert,

You my friend always seem to stick it out for the long haul to find the bite if it is not there!

I have never seen a report of a Mother Shovel giving birth after a catch, but that might be as close as you can come to the smallest! I have caught some very small fish of different species and am just as proud as with my biggest.

Catching the "Sun" to extend the day is by far the most mindful photo I have ever seen here!

See you out there Buddy!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif.

Brother Steve,
I get greedy with my time out in the water and should just be thankful I'm out there.
It was a surprise when that shovel came out of the surf, big or small.
Take Care,
Robert
<><

way to stick it robert, way to fish!
great report

nick

Hey Nick,
Thanks for the kind words.
Robert
<><

MA,
Nice long recon MA, congrats on the new species and one of the best sunset pixs I have ever seen.

NG

Hi NG,
Hope all is well.
Thanks & Take Care,
Robert
<><

Halislayer
04-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Nice shovel nose. Those LC's will hook up on anything that even gets close to them.

klocked
04-21-2011, 07:21 PM
10+ hours is a long day for 2 fish bro, but sticking it out usually pays off! Nice sized perch and cute lil' shovel you got! I'm digging the hook the sun pic, very creative buddy!

Sorry for my late reply bro but I was sick for a while and then headed up to BB for some trout fishin with my son.