PDA

View Full Version : Double Dog Dare

GhettoBasster
04-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Disclaimer: If you have done this I wouldn't admit it. Any fishing mentioned below is hypothetical. :Secret:
Every so often, I take my kid to the Loma Linda VA Hospital to feed bread to the ducks and geese and it kills me to see the good size boils as the fish in there attack the bread. I once watched an egret wade out to where I was throwing bread spear little carp over and over. It was interesting to watch the fish wiggle down the bird's skinny neck. I have seen huge goldfish and carp in there and an employee told me he had seen huge catfish. I'm sure there are bass and gills in there too. So I have to to wonder if any ninjas would have the guts to go against the Feds?

seal
04-15-2011, 07:38 AM
That place is crawling with Security you'd be a total idiot if you tried, unless of course you are a Vet and then maybe they'd cut you a one time waiver.

I kinda like watching the turtles in there, they come out and sun themselves on the shoreline, I like turtles (where have I heard that before?).

ROUTE666
04-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Is that a tosh.0 reference?

reservoir dog
04-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Damn you guys are hardcore if you're gonna fish the VA hospital...LMAO!!! Better be quick and bust out your Instant Fisherman Portable Fishing Kit - As Seen On TV

HBAR
04-15-2011, 10:46 AM
hmm I'm a disabled vet wonder if I could get away with it LOL

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-15-2011, 11:49 AM
ask someone about it, try to obtain permission....release the fish....ya never know

Especially if ur a vet

seal
04-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Is that a tosh.0 reference?

Yup just about the only TV show I watch anymore!

qbi2001
04-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Its not crawling with security, they are federal law enforcement officers. I work at the VA hospital and have seen some huge cats in those ponds but I wont fish there. Every once in a while I see some mono and a sinker hanging from a tree so someones trying to get em.

seal
04-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Its not crawling with security, they are federal law enforcement officers. I work at the VA hospital and have seen some huge cats in those ponds but I wont fish there. Every once in a while I see some mono and a sinker hanging from a tree so someones trying to get em.

Well I don't know but everytime I'm there the cops seem to be everywhere, but that's during primetime so maybe in the Ninja hours it's less intense.

carpanglerdude
04-18-2011, 12:02 AM
It's patrolled by the police, regularly. Those ponds are very interesting looking, but very green too.