PDA

View Full Version : Mary Vagle Park in Fontana

J-Dub
04-14-2011, 10:52 PM
just a curious question...has anybody ever ninja fished the pond in Mary Vagle park in south fontana???

snakeplissken
04-15-2011, 11:12 AM
that lake looks promising but i don't think it's worth getting caught by the fontana police. besides..ninja fishing threads are monitored on here by D.F.G.:Head Bang:

fish-o-haulic
04-15-2011, 11:26 AM
that lake looks promising but i don't think it's worth getting caught by the fontana police. besides..ninja fishing threads are monitored on here by D.F.G.:Head Bang:

sadly they are. Dang.

J-Dub
04-15-2011, 03:13 PM
wow didnt think dfg would go this far lol well i didnt want anybody to poach that pond....just wanted know if anybody had any kind of experience there but nvm:LOL:

castle
04-16-2011, 05:58 AM
A long time ago before the place was developed into southridge I believe they name it, That was an old gravel pit. It had bluegill, bass and a few catfish. Now it was made into a nature park, and yes it is in that zone of a protected fly habitat. DFG does keep an eye on it to basically protect that environment.Not worth getting a big ticket or even getting your vehicle towed away. Just a little history.

castle
04-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Questions? Comments?

mudskipper76
04-16-2011, 09:41 PM
used to fish it all the time when i lived in fontana. its been years though. all the usual suspects bass, bluegills, carp, cats, and a huge soft shelled turtle. last time i was there it looked really beat up. cops do roll through mostly to keep the drinking and partying to a minimum

rondog4405
04-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah .. I've been there a bunch of times with my daughter.. always wanted to drop a line in there. Seen alot of 6+lb bass in there... as well as some giant ex pet goldfish. Lol..

J-Dub
04-17-2011, 01:28 AM
@muddskipper...when u fished it was fishing "allowed" there? and there is still is a good amount of turtles there i did see this turtle that looked bigger and had a diffrent loooking shell that was bathing in the sun...im guessing it was a soft shelled turtle

mudskipper76
04-17-2011, 11:11 AM
@muddskipper...when u fished it was fishing "allowed" there? and there is still is a good amount of turtles there i did see this turtle that looked bigger and had a diffrent loooking shell that was bathing in the sun...im guessing it was a soft shelled turtle

j-dub you are right the turtle is of the soft shelled variety and no, fishing has never been allowed there. pm me if you need more info.

pekso
06-17-2013, 07:55 AM
i used to fish here a lot big crappie and some big bass. i wont say much tho

pekso
02-05-2014, 06:51 AM
i used to fish here a lot big crappie and some big bass. i wont say much tho

yup big crappie, bluegills, seen a 13 lbs bass pop out of there never cats tho.