PDA

View Full Version : Jumping back into action, butt first

efishent
04-14-2011, 09:23 PM
My favorite party boat (for which I carry rain-check) gets cancelled, again, for the 3d time. Previous no-goes were due to military exercises, family emergency and lack of people, well, this time it was a ‘sure go’ but an hour later ‘rough ocean conditions’ called it off.
And I go to work, throwing in my surf-fishing rod in the back of the car. By the time I got free it is 4 pm and I have that “should I stay or should I go” moment. Too far for Malibu, just enough time to cruise into state beaches north of Ventura. It was a long break from any fishing so I was expecting some rust staining the water upon entrance. Turned out it was already brown-red.
As expected, there was a low tide with visibility ~1 ft. On a plus side, mellow soft waves and significantly warmer water with pleasant sunshine and light breeze. Few bigger pieces of seaweed but mostly very small mulch-like material suspended after recent wind-swell mix.
Can the flash minnow LC shine its way through the darkness? Turns out it did – 15 min after the start I hook up casting deep and after some initial resistance I effortlessly glide the Teen- pancake into the beach. Tried another spot further north which was clearer but no signs of life- no bait, no fish, just snagged a large sand crab. Decided to make it a short one and went home. I’ll be looking forward to cleaner water since the temps are already getting up. I bet there will be some good hali reports this weekend. Have fun out there.

fishshep
04-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Healthy lookin Hali !!!
Congrats on your Catch :Smile:

smokehound
04-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Awesome. I love surf-fishing, you're able to pull in big fish with light line like nothing!

Newfishsmell
04-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Nice catch there

Fat Tony
04-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Nice hali bro im hoping the water is on point this weekend.think ima hit the surf.

ghetto dad
04-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Nice job on the hali bro.................

GD

DockRat
04-15-2011, 06:40 AM
You got a good looking Butt there. LOL
I was looking at live Halibut on RB pier yesterday for sale. $35 a pound.
DR

murrieta angler
04-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Hey efishent,
That is one cool looking Hali.
The tail looks like it should be on a 26+ Hali.
Thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><

lovefofish
04-15-2011, 03:22 PM
nice fish , I love the landing marks :Smile:

flyngby
04-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Nice flattie!

May many more come your way!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif.

n1ckxlam
04-17-2011, 08:24 PM
nice butt, thanks for the report

nick