PDA

View Full Version : Shimano reel handle question

Surfer
04-13-2011, 09:48 AM
I have a 2500 series shimano spirex spinning reel with the double handle. It's a solid reel but the double handle is annoying and adds a lot of weight. I'm looking to replace it with a traditional single handle. I know for sure the handle from a 2500 series sedona fits because I have that reel also. So I called Shimano and asked if I could order a Sedona handle but they are backordered. So I'm wondering if all 2500 series shimano reels are interchangeable because I was thinking of getting a Sahara handle or Symmetre handle instead since the Sedona handle is backordered.

That being said, anyone want to trade their single handle for double or maybe someone has one sitting around that they are willing to sell?

Surfer
04-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Customer service had no idea. Anyone know?

dockboy
04-14-2011, 12:15 AM
It will likely fit. The sleeves for the handle on a spin reel are not really something they upgrade often. My handle from a 12 year old Sienna fits most of the Shimano reels in the size today. Not perfect, but doable. You can anyways take it to a tackle shop or even a place like Big 5 or Sport Chalet and try the 2500 handle on.