PDA

View Full Version : 4/12 Bassin at the Vine and Bass Gods Smile....

karalm
04-13-2011, 06:27 AM
Well, hit the Vine on Tues and was 7th in line. Got a boat and off I went and the lake temp started at 62° and the highest I recorded was 66° in the late afternoon by the red cliffs. Water was murky green/tannic orange color and could see white rocks up to six feet deep. Caught only two bass today as the first went 16” (sorry, do not have a scale yet but maybe 2 pounds plus?) and the 2nd went 12”. Caught them on a crank bait and t-rigged lizard. Looks like we need a little more heat to get the bite really going. Looked like it was slow for boaters and only saw one shore fisherman with three trout. Minimal trollers out today and it also looked slow. Had a weird thing happen early in the morning and hoping the “Bass Gods” are looking down favorably on this action. Was in the trees in the flats and saw a bass off in the distance floating and kicking at the surface. Came up on it and netted her. Was an easy 4 to 5 pound + toad. Grabbed it out of the net, looked down its throat looking for anything that might have harmed it. Nothing seen and she started shaking. She was a heavy little sucker so put her back into the water, mover her around a bit to get water through her gills and then she slowly took off to fight another day my hope!! Sorry no pic of her as I was too surprised and wanted to help get her back into the lake and no help in another angler taking a pic as I usually fish alone

bakchow
04-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Great report! I was out there tueday also and I fished til 1 pm for three fish. Fishing was tough but your right soon as water warms up little more, the bass will get very active. Great job saving the bass! None of my bass were over 2.5Lbs... T-rig brush hog was the ticket for me.

dfisher
04-13-2011, 07:50 PM
good job on saving the bass! and great report!

fongster
04-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Good to hear I haven't missed the full-on spawn action when they go stupid. With all the late season rains putting in cold water and windy fronts passing thru, no wonder they haven't gone off yet. thanks for the report!

tar
04-16-2011, 03:35 PM
hope that bass can still feed after hanging from its jaw without supporting its body?????????

eggot
04-16-2011, 11:36 PM
hope that bass can still feed after hanging from its jaw without supporting its body?????????

You can let him know that there's a safer way to hold a bass without being a dick about it..

Try holding them vertically rather than sideways so it doesn't put pressure on the jaw...nonetheless nice reports and congrats on the save...

tar
04-17-2011, 02:13 AM
yeah your right, i guess i jumped a little too quick

karalm
04-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Tar,
No comment as I have released more Bass then you have ever catched and started doing it over 35 years ago when it was not the common practice as it is today as I am a real old guy (53 to you)

Surfer
04-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Tar, your comments are just plain re-"tar"-ded. Haha jk.

tar
04-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Hey sorry again for the comment, nice informative original post karalm!

Surfer
04-17-2011, 04:36 PM
I didn't really see anything wrong with your comment. You just showed concern for the bass. No harm; no foul. Some people's feelings just get hurt too easily. Lol

tar
04-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Hey surfer your right about that, i should have thought first and leaped second

karalm
04-18-2011, 05:28 AM
No harm no foul - Let's go fishing......