PDA

View Full Version : Another complaint about the Pudd

mirage2887
04-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Well I usually fish the pudd a couple times a month depending on how much time I have. Well I have been going a lot lately and noticed that theirs always this old Asian couple fishing their i think they are their almost everyday. Anyways the first time i saw them i saw the old man catch a small under sized bass off a bed ok whatever well he takes it right to his bucket to keep. Made me Kind of mad cause I am kind of a bass nazi. I see him catch a couple more under sized bass and keep them too. I fish the usually fish the cove next to swim beach before sail boat cove(dont know what entrance that is sorry)

Well every time I go to the pudd I always see them they come early in the morning an they are always their and I continue to see this couple take under sized bass and keep them. I mean ok take a couple but dont go their everyday and clean out the DAM cove. I went today and saw them again and i saw a lot of empty beds a lot. I know some bass have left due to the water levels going up and down but Cmon it makes me mad to know that every dam fish no matter what size or what type it is their just gona put it in their bucket. I heard a guy once go up to the old man and ask him what did he catch as the old man was was putting the fish into his bucket and the old man said it was a trout and the guy told him no thats a bass u got and the guy said oh oh and still threw the 10inch fish into his bucket. I just had to get this off my Chest its been bothering me I mean its nice to be able to sight fish at the Pudd during this time of year but I would much rather have no clear water and catch fish with a lil bit of skill than have people like this rape the fish all day everyday.

Danny300
04-12-2011, 10:23 PM
why didn't you call the gate? every time i have called the gate, the ranger was there in no time (no more than 5 to 10 minutes)

fish-o-haulic
04-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Well I usually fish the pudd a couple times a month depending on how much time I have. Well I have been going a lot lately and noticed that theirs always this old Asian couple fishing their i think they are their almost everyday. Anyways the first time i saw them i saw the old man catch a small under sized bass off a bed ok whatever well he takes it right to his bucket to keep. Made me Kind of mad cause I am kind of a bass nazi. I see him catch a couple more under sized bass and keep them too. I fish the usually fish the cove next to swim beach before sail boat cove(dont know what entrance that is sorry)

Well every time I go to the pudd I always see them they come early in the morning an they are always their and I continue to see this couple take under sized bass and keep them. I mean ok take a couple but dont go their everyday and clean out the DAM cove. I went today and saw them again and i saw a lot of empty beds a lot. I know some bass have left due to the water levels going up and down but Cmon it makes me mad to know that every dam fish no matter what size or what type it is their just gona put it in their bucket. I heard a guy once go up to the old man and ask him what did he catch as the old man was was putting the fish into his bucket and the old man said it was a trout and the guy told him no thats a bass u got and the guy said oh oh and still threw the 10inch fish into his bucket. I just had to get this off my Chest its been bothering me I mean its nice to be able to sight fish at the Pudd during this time of year but I would much rather have no clear water and catch fish with a lil bit of skill than have people like this rape the fish all day everyday.

Though there is no excuse for taking fish like that not everyone that takes fish do it because there just trying to be illegal and wrong about it. If there elderly then they might not know the rules especially if they havent lived here too long, especially depending on where they came from. You have to stop and consider everyone thats poaching isnt necessarily doing it just to brake a law, you'd be surprised at how many people are uniformed of laws. Once again there is no excuse so if you think im defending them, I am but im not, and im not just talking about this couple. Heres an example of what im talking about, when i was about 7 or 8 my Grandpa took me on my first fishing trip. it was at apollo park we caught 12 catfish, now the limit is 5 a person per day. But we didnt take that many fish because we were looking to clean out the lake it was my first time and i didnt know rules of fishing, and before my grandpa took me on this trip he hadnt been on a trip in a bout 5 years maybe more, on our way to leave a guy saw that we were on or two over our limit and asked if we knew the limit is 5 per person. But he said it in a nice way without going off on us, so you know what we did, we released two and every time since my grandpa asks whenever were going fishing what is the limit. My point is theres no need to rant a throw a fit because someone catches more fish than they should, just walk over politely inform them of the rules pertaining to there limit, if they smug or no the rules then you report them. Now if youve seen this couple doing this for months or even years then they probably know, but just in case walk over tell them about there limit kindly and politely, if they dont want to hear it or are playing dumb then you report. Dont do any more than that, because taking it into your own hands can make matters worse for them and you. Not saying you did that just stating something. Just next inform them of what they are doing. If you know they know them tell somebody in authority. But dont automatically asume the worst because alot of new fisherman to california especially dont know the rules, and think there stupid when they first here them but happily follow them anyway. Once again there is no excuse for not Knowing rules and not following though you may not know them you still have to follow them and read them before just to be safe there are law and there are no excuses for breaking them, just to make that clear to anyone taking this the wrong way. Now for somebody to find something wrong with what i just said.

jerryG
04-13-2011, 05:26 AM
Some good points raised and I do understand sometimes you have to put yourself the shoes others to gain their perspective but regardless ignorance is no excuse for the breaking the law.

If you were pulled over for speeding and when the cop asks for your license you say “I didn't know I needed a license to drive a car”....” Oh and I didn't know there was a speed limit”.. The cop is going to say “Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law”.

The point being that it is the responsibility of all Anglers to know the rules and to obey them. It goes with out saying that there are consequences for failing to do so. I think that most DFG officers are reasonable and use good judgment in some situations electing to educate an Angler instead of citing them but at the same time it is their job to up hold the law as it applies to fishing and hunting. Anyways getting too far off the topic at hand.

There are some older couples that match the description described in this report who come out to the lakes in the SGV for the bass/ bluegill spawn every season. They fish everyday and keep every(thing) bass they catch small or large. I hate to see bass being kept but more so than small bass it is worse when they pull BIG BASS off her bed and throw in the bucket. Of course it is with in their right to keep a big bass.. I would really like to see more regulations to help protect BIG FISH (brute stock).

JerryG

Troutcz swimbait
04-13-2011, 05:29 AM
I might of seen them,do they wear straw hats and cary buckets?

fish-o-haulic
04-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Some good points raised and I do understand sometimes you have to put yourself the shoes others to gain their perspective but regardless ignorance is no excuse for the breaking the law.

If you were pulled over for speeding and when the cop asks for your license you say “I didn't know I needed a license to drive a car”....” Oh and I didn't know there was a speed limit”.. The cop is going to say “Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law”.

The point being that it is the responsibility of all Anglers to know the rules and to obey them. It goes with out saying that there are consequences for failing to do so. I think that most DFG officers are reasonable and use good judgment in some situations electing to educate an Angler instead of citing them but at the same time it is their job to up hold the law as it applies to fishing and hunting. Anyways getting too far off the topic at hand.

There are some older couples that match the description described in this report who come out to the lakes in the SGV for the bass/ bluegill spawn every season. They fish everyday and keep every(thing) bass they catch small or large. I hate to see bass being kept but more so than small bass it is worse when they pull BIG BASS off her bed and throw in the bucket. Of course it is with in their right to keep a big bass.. I would really like to see more regulations to help protect BIG FISH (brute stock).

JerryG

Yes i realize that there is no excuse for breaking the law i said this several times so noone would mistake what im trying to say. Im saying he came here mad about what they did, Im saying before you get mad know the circumstances first. Especially here in California people are real sticklers for the rules, so when they catch someone breaking a law there first assumption is to go off on the person breaking it, as far as fishing is concerned. Once again just saying when you see some one break one of the rules of fishing, elighten them first dont just jumped to conclusions and figure there just trying to clean out your spot. Youd be surprised at how many are just uniformed.

tacklejunkie
04-13-2011, 08:24 AM
All the lakes around here are this way.
Get used to it.

What I like to do..
is show up when the shore is full of "hook and cook" anglers. They're all mostly catching small redears and huge crappy carps anyway. Then I hook a good 3lb bass that jumps all over, makes a huge ruckus so everyone is watching, takes five minutes for me to land on shore with 4lb line in the weeds, take it's picture and watch their jaws drop in amazement as I release the fish after kissing it on the lips! Hahahahaha

Gets 'em every time.
"Hey I coulda eaten that fish!"
"No you couldn't have!" :Wink:

fish-o-haulic
04-13-2011, 08:33 AM
All the lakes around here are this way.
Get used to it.

Exactly which is y people shouldnt complain about poachers there there whereever you go cant stop them.

tacklejunkie
04-13-2011, 08:39 AM
You could waste all your fishing time reporting poachers like this.
You have to pick the people who really deserve it and really know they are doing something wrong. A lot of them don't know. Inform them what they are doing is wrong, if you must, in a polite way and teach them so they learn. Then next time report them.

A few bass from the hook and cook guys isn't going to do all that much to the lake.
If you see anything above a bass or two now and again from them might be cause for alarm. I usually see them follow rules or leave within reasonable limits..
Our lakes and the fish in them can handle these people who do this unknowingly.
It's the people who do it on purpose you need to watch out for.
Where's that picture of the 75 trout taken from the special kids lake by the 3 lucky dingbat poachers who got caught red handed.

fish-o-haulic
04-13-2011, 10:21 AM
You could waste all your fishing time reporting poachers like this.
You have to pick the people who really deserve it and really know they are doing something wrong. A lot of them don't know. Inform them what they are doing is wrong, if you must, in a polite way and teach them so they learn. Then next time report them.

A few bass from the hook and cook guys isn't going to do all that much to the lake.
If you see anything above a bass or two now and again from them might be cause for alarm. I usually see them follow rules or leave within reasonable limits..
Our lakes and the fish in them can handle these people who do this unknowingly.
It's the people who do it on purpose you need to watch out for.
Where's that picture of the 75 trout taken from the special kids lake by the 3 lucky dingbat poachers who got caught red handed.

Not trying to sound mad or anything but, WTF thats what i just said. Thanks for reinforcing it.

TUNAVIC
04-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Some things never change the scenario you described has been going on for years,and guess what theres still alot of fish in the pudd,I know it can be frustrating,but if you fish enough your going to see it,again and again,that doesn't make it right,but don't let it ruin your day.
I'm 58yrs old and have seen this forever,if I see it and it bothers me I just move somewhere else and fish so I don't have to see it keep happening,also if you feel inclined even the dfg has a tip line you can call,I keep it in my cell phone,because there has been some times when I've seen extreme cases of poaching,for monetary purposes more than the food value.
Oh well just my 2cents,hate to see your day ruined by others,just realize in 20yrs you'll be reading the same kind of posts here or somewhere else.

Ifishtoolittle
04-13-2011, 11:13 AM
I might of seen them,do they wear straw hats and cary buckets?

Lol that's how all poachers look. LOL stereotyping in the process! All poachers appear to be the same they generally carry sh*tty *** equipment, a bucket, maybe a net, bunch of tackle, and chairs.

Ifishtoolittle
04-13-2011, 11:14 AM
You guys should do what I do lie about the fishing and discourage people from fishing in a productive spot. I don't know make up some BS or reason how Crappy water= no fish.

TROUT MASTERS
04-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Just send them to castco,they have a fish sale!!!!:LOL:
Stop killing the bass !!!!!!:Angry:

fish-o-haulic
04-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Lol that's how all poachers look. LOL stereotyping in the process! All poachers appear to be the same they generally carry sh*tty *** equipment, a bucket, maybe a net, bunch of tackle, and chairs.

Hey i have a net a buch of equipment and chairs and i dont poach, my grandpa has some shi2y rods and he doesnt poach, if anything hell report poachers. Just sayin stereotype.

Red Fox
04-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Some things never change the scenario you described has been going on for years, and guess what theres still alot of fish in the pudd,

I dont know how long you have been fishing the Pudd, but theres about 1/1000th fish now than 10yrs ago. thats not a whole lot.

It saddens me that anglers today (and society in general) has taken a defeatist attitude with all this.. ahh, its been going on for a long time, theres nothing we can do. this attitude is how it all deteriorates.

I personally call Caltip, the office, and my mom hoping to see some action when i see poaching at the Pudd. sometimes they come, sometimes they dont. I just hope the few times they do come makes enough of a difference.

If the catch is legal, I try to ask them nicely to release the fish and explain why. in fact, just earlier this year i talked to this to one gentleman but instead, he got mad and started berating me. Well, this pissed me off so I made him a bet that i'd box him for the fish, if I knock him out, I will go release the fish and vice versa. He shut up and left, guess he liked his fish too much. The funny thing is, this same gentleman was all buddy buddy with me earlier bragging about his 3lb bass he caught on a nightcrawler.

mirage2887
04-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Some things never change the scenario you described has been going on for years,and guess what theres still alot of fish in the pudd,I know it can be frustrating,but if you fish enough your going to see it,again and again,that doesn't make it right,but don't let it ruin your day.
I'm 58yrs old and have seen this forever,if I see it and it bothers me I just move somewhere else and fish so I don't have to see it keep happening,also if you feel inclined even the dfg has a tip line you can call,I keep it in my cell phone,because there has been some times when I've seen extreme cases of poaching,for monetary purposes more than the food value.
Oh well just my 2cents,hate to see your day ruined by others,just realize in 20yrs you'll be reading the same kind of posts here or somewhere else.

I totally agree with you I know it happens a lot and it will continue happening. Im not getting all bent outa shape over it. The reason it bothers me is because the Pudd should hold a lot more fish than it does and maybe it does Im not an expert but I see a lot of post on here about the skunk at the pudd. Again maybe it has to do with peoples fishing ability to catch fish I dont know, but a lot of people get the skunk their. I have pulled a couple of nice fish their but not near where i would call the pudd an awesome lake. Another thing is that the Pudd is the closest lake to the house like a lot of members here and its also a lake that u can get in free during times of the year which makes it even more of a reason to go fish.

I dont know how long you have been fishing the Pudd, but theres about 1/1000th fish now than 10yrs ago. thats not a whole lot.

It saddens me that anglers today (and society in general) has taken a defeatist attitude with all this.. ahh, its been going on for a long time, theres nothing we can do. this attitude is how it all deteriorates.

I personally call Caltip, the office, and my mom hoping to see some action when i see poaching at the Pudd. sometimes they come, sometimes they dont. I just hope the few times they do come makes enough of a difference.

If the catch is legal, I try to ask them nicely to release the fish and explain why. in fact, just earlier this year i talked to this to one gentleman but instead, he got mad and started berating me. Well, this pissed me off so I made him a bet that i'd box him for the fish, if I knock him out, I will go release the fish and vice versa. He shut up and left, guess he liked his fish too much. The funny thing is, this same gentleman was all buddy buddy with me earlier bragging about his 3lb bass he caught on a nightcrawler.

Also agree with everything you said. How many times do you hear people say that lake wasnt what it was a couple years ago or that lake isnt what it used to be. They say these things because its true. Some lakes just dont produce the way they did some years ago. Look at lakes where C&R is mandatory like the VINE or CORONA lake they have some huge fish that come out of those lakes I mean their has to be a reason for that. I would understand if we had some of the problems that the other parts of the country have where Bass are native to certain body's of water like Florida an other states and they want to rid the waters of some small bass that over populate the water in order to produce bigger fish. But unfortunately we do not have those types of scenarios here.

fish-o-haulic
04-13-2011, 02:28 PM

As far as asking him to release his fish, sorry to say not to be mad or rude or anything but if the fish he caught was in his legal limit then he can keep them and its not any of your buissness to tell him to release them. Though goin off on you was over the top and uncalled for he can keep his fish and techinically not take a second look at you if the fish were in his legal limit of course. If they werent in his limit then you have all right to ask him to release them and tell him why and then if they dont want to hear it then report them. The boxing thing is a little eccentric and what leads me to my point of people trying to take things into there own hands and causing bigger problems. It is somewhat frustrating to have people walk up to you and tell you too release the fish that you worked hard to catch and bought an expensive fishing linces for. But again his attitude towards you was uncalled for and so was wanting to fight him. Im personally am tired of all the people so big on protecting large mouth and go to extremes to do so, AND TAKE THINGS INTO THERE OWN HANDS, when they could just easily call dfg tipline. If they dont handle it the way you want them too oh well thats not for you too decide and deal with it. the point i am saying now is not toward or against you Red Fox, Im just saying if a fisherman catches a largemouth too many than you have a right to ask him to release the extras or to somewhat inform him of what he is doing( just not in a long speech or anything) But if the fish people catch are well within there limit reguardless of if there is a shortage of that particular fish, the fisherman can still keep them and once again no one except dfg can tell them other wise because it simply isnt there buisness. Im trying to say this as sincerely as i can and i am not trying to side with poachers. Just trying to be unbiased. Overall Poachers have no buissness catching all of those fish,and fisherman have no buissness telling people what fish others can a cant keep. Sorry for any contraversy this may cause, I just got tired of all the poachers stories where people see someone doing something wrong and other fisherman took it upon themselves too fix it. Or someone was doing something that a fisherman didnt like that wasnt neccesarily wrong but the fisherman still took it upon themselves to fix what wasnt broken.And all of the people getting discouraged from fishing because they have an incident involving poachers. Now im done leaving this open for people to correct me.

smokehound
04-13-2011, 03:15 PM
If an angler attempts to keep an illegal catch, I'm kicking the damn bucket over. Done it before, and I'll do it again. These people arent starving. Tacos are 89 cents.

Poverty my *** :LOL:

Ifishtoolittle
04-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Hey i have a net a buch of equipment and chairs and i dont poach, my grandpa has some shi2y rods and he doesnt poach, if anything hell report poachers. Just sayin stereotype.

Lol I clearly I put stereotyping in my post, as a joke. I'm not attributing anyone to be a poacher. If anything I like how some people find fishing to be just a relaxing day out whether or not they catch anything. Personally I find it very irritating if I go out to fish and come back with skunk.

fish-o-haulic
04-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Lol I clearly I put stereotyping in my post, as a joke. I'm not attributing anyone to be a poacher. If anything I like how some people find fishing to be just a relaxing day out whether or not they catch anything. Personally I find it very irritating if I go out to fish and come back with skunk.

I know i was playin around. haha

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-13-2011, 04:41 PM
i have known the couple in question for over 6yrs now.there in there late seventys,or early eightys and are nice people.ive fish with them several times,and have given them a couple of pan fish once ,and a while.yes they do keep everything they catch.the wife is very skilled using plastic worms, and very patient.ive never seen them keep bass.they normally keep all the pan fish, and trout.there favorite fish to keep are pan fish.another newer regular complaned to me about them keeping lmbs a couple of weeks ago.i will talk to them about releasing the bass, and about the regs ,next time i see them.i cant picture anyone verbully threatening them.those are someones great grandparents,grandparents ,and parents.

fish-o-haulic
04-13-2011, 04:47 PM
i have known the couple in question for over 6yrs now.there in there late seventys,or early eightys and are nice people.ive fish with them several times,and have given them a couple of pan fish once ,and a while.yes they do keep everything they catch.the wife is very skilled using plastic worms, and very patient.ive never seen them keep bass.they normally keep all the pan fish, and trout.there favorite fish to keep are pan fish.another newer regular complaned to me about them keeping lmbs a couple of weeks ago.i will talk to them about releasing the bass, and about the regs ,next time i see them.i cant picture anyone verbully threatening them.those are someones great grandparents,grandparents ,and parents.

thats the way to handle it.

bman90278
04-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Please keep in mind there are many anglers who just don't understand why its so important to catch and release bass. When I fish my local city lakes I talk to many of the bass anglers and ask them if they are CPR fisherman and if they ask why, I do my best to give them the heads up. Many are receptive and some aren't.

Stay positive and keep talking to fisherman and park patrons to spread the word.

brian

DockRat
04-14-2011, 06:24 AM
The thing that cracks me up is you 'C&R Legal' guys showing off your great catches.
Then complain when the internet lurkers show up with buckets.

You can't have it both ways. Fishing websites need guys posting to survive.
Fishing websites help fill buckets with the same fish your bragging about.

So, what is the answer ??? I Dunno ?
Maybe develop more secret code speech ? Use PM's for info on where ?

Give false info, send Lurkers to the worst fishing spot ?

I am always searching for SW info, I'll jack info from anyone or anywhere I can find it.
The Divers on Spearboard used to always spill thier guts on lobster and white sea bass, but in recent years they have become more tight lipped still showing off catches but not giving up spots.

Maybe they finally figured out that fishermen and 3/4 day boats are dropping anchor on their heads because of what they wrote on the WWW the day before.
The Dumbass Divers would tell the spot, time of day, best tide, visibilty, pics.
Then get mad when they get hooked in the Butt with all these boats that
just showed up.

So What Is The Answer ?
DR

tacklejunkie
04-14-2011, 07:38 AM
I highly doubt the 70 year old fish keepers on in here reading your reports.

Viejo
04-14-2011, 07:46 AM
You hit the nail right right on the head, DR. People name exact spots and show their catches. Lurkers don't even have to ask for GPS coordinates. The information in those posts does not go away after several hundred (or a thousand readers) even if it drifts down in the sites thread list. It lives for years and years in the search engines. I've googled a spot and got tired after reading 30 pages of posts and threads about the water that went back four years. All this cumulative show and tell has taken a toll on SOCAL waters...both salt and fresh water. Cracks me up when folks call out a little, tiny water....show the fish they caught and wonder why they are all gone the next time they go there. Folks forget that all of the Southern California mountain streams were fished out.completely by 1878 by so many people taking too many fish. It was one of the reasons the Angeles Forest Preserve was created to help preserve the resource.

fish-o-haulic
04-14-2011, 08:13 AM
The thing that cracks me up is you 'C&R Legal' guys showing off your great catches.
Then complain when the internet lurkers show up with buckets.

You can't have it both ways. Fishing websites need guys posting to survive.
Fishing websites help fill buckets with the same fish your bragging about.

So, what is the answer ??? I Dunno ?
Maybe develop more secret code speech ? Use PM's for info on where ?

Give false info, send Lurkers to the worst fishing spot ?

I am always searching for SW info, I'll jack info from anyone or anywhere I can find it.
The Divers on Spearboard used to always spill thier guts on lobster and white sea bass, but in recent years they have become more tight lipped still showing off catches but not giving up spots.

Maybe they finally figured out that fishermen and 3/4 day boats are dropping anchor on their heads because of what they wrote on the WWW the day before.
The Dumbass Divers would tell the spot, time of day, best tide, visibilty, pics.
Then get mad when they get hooked in the Butt with all these boats that
just showed up.

So What Is The Answer ?
DR

Thank You. It doesnt make sense to me either. Then when you tell them something like this they get offended.

seal
04-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Curious, I've never fished Puddingstone and am having difficulty finding the regs. on LMB's, so I can better understand this discussion.

Is there a size or slot limit in the DFG regs for LMB's at Puddingstone?

This seems to be not a huge lake but certainly not the size of the City park lakes that would be extremely affected by the taking of LMB's (Puddingstone, 250 acres).

So do all think the logic of C&R only for the sake of the fishery applies to this lake? Or is this just another case of LMB drama, you know like some getting crazy about anybody taking a LMB say at DVL or other larger reservoirs?

And by the way someone listed that the LMB population is 1/1000th that it use to be, do you have data or is this just a guestimate?

Lakes go through up and down periods when it comes to fish population, I'm a Silverwood local and the LMB population was down a few years ago but has rebounded nicely, also shad are way down but I think with the rain this year that might change, just normal life cycle stuff.

Anybody harrassing any individual that is keeping legal fish is just plain WRONG!

fish-o-haulic
04-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Curious, I've never fished Puddingstone and am having difficulty finding the regs. on LMB's, so I can better understand this discussion.

Is there a size or slot limit in the DFG regs for LMB's at Puddingstone?

This seems to be not a huge lake but certainly not the size of the City park lakes that would be extremely affected by the taking of LMB's (Puddingstone, 250 acres).

So do all think the logic of C&R only for the sake of the fishery applies to this lake? Or is this just another case of LMB drama, you know like some getting crazy about anybody taking a LMB say at DVL or other larger reservoirs?

And by the way someone listed that the LMB population is 1/1000th that it use to be, do you have data or is this just a guestimate?

Lakes go through up and down periods when it comes to fish population, I'm a Silverwood local and the LMB population was down a few years ago but has rebounded nicely, also shad are way down but I think with the rain this year that might change, just normal life cycle stuff.

Anybody harrassing any individual that is keeping legal fish is just plain WRONG!

pudd is 250 acres what are you guys whining about my favorite small lake is only 90 acres and is normally crowded with boats in the water and people on shore. You have to literally sometimes watch were you cast. And you guys complain about pudd. tuh. But yea seal i here you some of the same stuff i was saying earlier just as nice as possible so i dont have people coming back on me. But it does just sound like a case of lmb drama. people getting mad because somebody is keeping an lmb. I dont understand y is it just lmb that people get mad over, no one throws a fit like a three year old like this when it comes to catfish trout or even striper. in my opinion cats and stripers fight just as good if not better and should be treated with the same care as lmb(glad they dont treat em that way less dinner for me hehe) but still. Just Sayin.

Trial and Error
04-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Hahahahaa more of this Puddingstone bs? Yea $hlt like this happens when DFG is only at the lake for 1 hour every month. That lake is a poachers paradise.

I once saw this guy in question run after the stocking truck so he can use his net to scoop up freshly stocked fish.

Or was it the other old asian guy who keeps everything? I get confused, there are more than a few that show up.

Red Fox
04-14-2011, 12:36 PM

No data, I dont think even DFG keeps that sort fo data on this lake as i have never seen or heard of a shock and count expedition at this lake. just a guesstimate from years of fishing the place.

If you meant me? no i dont "harrass" people keeping legal fish, unless you consider talking to people harrasment.

Well, since this is a specific thread about Puddingstone, I assume we are talking specifically about Puddingstone LMB C&R.

While 1 or 2 LMB might not seem much, where do you draw the line? Yes it is many times bigger than a typical city park lake, and it also gets many times the fishermen. compound that with the massive poaching that had been going on there for years and you have the decline of probably the only "real lake" in the urban LA county area.

seal
04-14-2011, 12:47 PM
If you meant me? no i dont "harrass" people keeping legal fish, unless you consider talking to people harrasment.

Well, since this is a specific thread about Puddingstone, I assume we are talking specifically about Puddingstone LMB C&R.

While 1 or 2 LMB might not seem much, where do you draw the line? Yes it is many times bigger than a typical city park lake, and it also gets many times the fishermen. compound that with the massive poaching that had been going on there for years and you have the decline of probably the only "real lake" in the urban LA county area.

Nope not directed at you, that was a general statement that it is WRONG to harass in any way people fishing within legal limits, if they are not receptive to your information then you should walk away, but nothing wrong with a courteous aproach in my book.

I would draw the line at what the regs. state is the legal take for the lake in question.

The question I had was to what the legal limits are at Puddingstone on LMB's, and I still do not have that answer. There were a couple times mentioned that the people being referenced were keeping undersized bass and that the DFG should be called so I'm assuming that there is a minimum size regulation, if not then why would the DFG be called? Curiosity.

seal
04-14-2011, 01:04 PM
After going back and checking your response, since I was not targeting you, it seems to me if you started the discussion and he wasn't receptive then you should have sucked it up and left and not challenged him to a "Boxing Match".

Someone fishing within the legal limits should not have to worry about thugs messing with them, and your response makes you sound like a thug eventhough you said you talked with him politely initially.

mirage2887
04-14-2011, 01:30 PM
pudd is 250 acres what are you guys whining about my favorite small lake is only 90 acres and is normally crowded with boats in the water and people on shore. You have to literally sometimes watch were you cast. And you guys complain about pudd. tuh. But yea seal i here you some of the same stuff i was saying earlier just as nice as possible so i dont have people coming back on me. But it does just sound like a case of lmb drama. people getting mad because somebody is keeping an lmb. I dont understand y is it just lmb that people get mad over, no one throws a fit like a three year old like this when it comes to catfish trout or even striper. in my opinion cats and stripers fight just as good if not better and should be treated with the same care as lmb(glad they dont treat em that way less dinner for me hehe) but still. Just Sayin.

Personally I think people get all upset at the BASS species being abused or poached or not C&R is because its a sport fish. They have bass tournaments for a reason, I know they have tournaments for other fish but I do not think they are as big as the BASS tournaments. Its called BASS pro shop for a reason. Like the other day when I was at the Pudd I saw 3 different guys catch the same bass off a bed...ok well those guys were able to do that because the 1st guy C&R and so on an so on and then here came the old man he saw that the others had released the bass back into the water and the bass went back to his bed. Ok well the old man just posted up their and was gna get that same bass I went up to him and asked him " you gna keep fish" an he said ya ya. I was fishing right next to him and casted to the bed as the old man did not have any lines in the water he began to eat lunch then he said " hey that not fair that not fair that my fish". I told him ok its yours and I left I mean no disrespect to the couple they look very nice and I respect my elders but I still think that they should not go an clean out the DAM cove LOL.......

fish-o-haulic
04-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Personally I think people get all upset at the BASS species being abused or poached or not C&R is because its a sport fish. They have bass tournaments for a reason, I know they have tournaments for other fish but I do not think they are as big as the BASS tournaments. Its called BASS pro shop for a reason. Like the other day when I was at the Pudd I saw 3 different guys catch the same bass off a bed...ok well those guys were able to do that because the 1st guy C&R and so on an so on and then here came the old man he saw that the others had released the bass back into the water and the bass went back to his bed. Ok well the old man just posted up their and was gna get that same bass I went up to him and asked him " you gna keep fish" an he said ya ya. I was fishing right next to him and casted to the bed as the old man did not have any lines in the water he began to eat lunch then he said " hey that not fair that not fair that my fish". I told him ok its yours and I left I mean no disrespect to the couple they look very nice and I respect my elders but I still think that they should not go an clean out the DAM cove LOL.......
I understand what you mean. I guess i just have a soft spot for ederly because ive been around A lot of them my whole life.

After going back and checking your response, since I was not targeting you, it seems to me if you started the discussion and he wasn't receptive then you should have sucked it up and left and not challenged him to a "Boxing Match".Someone fishing within the legal limits should not have to worry about thugs messing with them, and your response makes you sound like a thug eventhough you said you talked with him politely initially.
I agree boxing match thing uncalled for. Just because he couldnt make the other fisherman do what he wanted he was going to fight him, highschool all over again.

No data, I dont think even DFG keeps that sort fo data on this lake as i have never seen or heard of a shock and count expedition at this lake. just a guesstimate from years of fishing the place.

You threatened to fight a guy sounds like harrassment to me. call authoritys dont fight its a sort of thing like that that makes people look down on fisherman. Not trying to be mad, or rude, just stating a point.

What I dont understand if people have a complaint about lmb y dont the fisherman on here find a way to have lm stocked into lakes. I dont beleive they stock lmb anywhere do they? if they dont and dfg doesnt want to stock lmb then petition. I get emails all the time for petitioning this and that, fisherman could do it especially!!! on this site. And everyone on here could feed me excuses y not but the fact of the matter is you have just as much right as anyone else to do it. If enough people are willing just get several non short tempered patient fisherman to ask for a stocking of large mouth. If dfg not willing to go through with it petition, BUT IF AND ONLY IF THE SITUATION WARRANTS THIS ACTION. Fisherman get pushed around enough all we do is come here and start thread about our troubles and complain. Im even hearing things about getting rid of fishing in CA, well lets do something about it. alright done now.

Red Fox
04-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Nope not directed at you, that was a general statement that it is WRONG to harass in any way people fishing within legal limits, if they are not receptive to your information then you should walk away, but nothing wrong with a courteous aproach in my book.

I would draw the line at what the regs. state is the legal take for the lake in question.

The question I had was to what the legal limits are at Puddingstone on LMB's, and I still do not have that answer. There were a couple times mentioned that the people being referenced were keeping undersized bass and that the DFG should be called so I'm assuming that there is a minimum size regulation, if not then why would the DFG be called? Curiosity.

I agree.. I do not try to harass anyone at the lake, but then again people can do crazy things when theyre defensive, no mater how corteous your approach is.

and sad nobody has replied yet with the bag limits, perhaps not a lot of anglers know.

btw its 5 a day, 12inch min. and if you observe the bass fishery at the pudd, you might agree that this is in need of re-evaluation.

Red Fox
04-14-2011, 05:15 PM
After going back and checking your response, since I was not targeting you, it seems to me if you started the discussion and he wasn't receptive then you should have sucked it up and left and not challenged him to a "Boxing Match".

Someone fishing within the legal limits should not have to worry about thugs messing with them, and your response makes you sound like a thug eventhough you said you talked with him politely initially.

LOL. you have quite the imagination i must say. to clarify, I did approach him nicely. maybe hes had run-ins with "thugs" before or maybe he just wasnt hugged enough as a kid, I dont know.. but he jsut went ape sh@t all of the sudden. I thought on the other hand, if we were gonna fight, might as well fight for the fish on the stringer.

and just for perspective, I approach people all the time asking them if they would mind releasing the bass, and explaining to them why it is important to do so. sometimes they do, sometimes they dont. but this is the only time a guy blew up on me. quite funny actually in hindsight, you should have been there, perhaps we would share a chuckle about it.

fish-o-haulic
04-14-2011, 05:24 PM
LOL. you have quite the imagination i must say. to clarify, I did approach him nicely. maybe hes had run-ins with "thugs" before or maybe he just wasnt hugged enough as a kid, I dont know.. but he jsut went ape sh@t all of the sudden. I thought on the other hand, if we were gonna fight, might as well fight for the fish on the stringer.

and just for perspective, I approach people all the time asking them if they would mind releasing the bass, and explaining to them why it is important to do so. sometimes they do, sometimes they dont. but this is the only time a guy blew up on me. quite funny actually in hindsight, you should have been there, perhaps we would share a chuckle about it.

Im sorry cant help it, If you were gonna fight may has well been over the fish on the stringer thats funny. HAHAHAHAHAH lolol, no disrespect meant.

seal
04-14-2011, 06:27 PM

Cool and everything that occurs is hard to document in words on the Internet. Thanks for the response!

Surfer
04-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Damn strawhat wearing Asians with their white 5 gallon buckets and nightcrawler bait. They are a big problem at Castaic Lagoon too. They come during the late evening and use the cover of night to poach that place where it's only a 2 bass 15" limit. All they need to do is go to the 99 Ranch Market and buy live LMB there.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-15-2011, 05:21 PM
surfer.i dont think pointing out a certain culture that you dont know anything about, is totally out of line, and disrespectful to other asian members on this site.for your imformation,at the pudd .people of all races do not practice C&R.most of the people i see keeping fish ,are baby boomers ,or older,and cant understand the point of letting a fish swim away.

Ifishtoolittle
04-15-2011, 05:29 PM
surfer.i dont think pointing out a certain culture that you dont know anything about, is totally out of line, and disrespectful to other asian members on this site.for your imformation,at the pudd .people of all races do not practice C&R.most of the people i see keeping fish ,are baby boomers ,or older,and cant understand the point of letting a fish swim away.

x2 Surfer I'm rather offended by what you have to say. Keep your opinions to yourself.

Surfer
04-15-2011, 09:30 PM

A culture I don't know anything about? Maybe you can't tell from my avatar but I am Asian. Haha

fish-o-haulic
04-15-2011, 11:20 PM

its because there older, and fishing laws werent as strict back then as they are now, my uncle and my grandpa tell me about how fishing isnt what it used to be. How there were regs but not to the extent that we have them today. they said mainly because people are more dishonest now than they were then and people dont follow laws like they used to so more fishing are being depleted causing for stricter rules and regs to be enforced to perserve species of fish. That and California hates fishing. HAHAHA

Sparky70
04-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Maby they were U sy guys !!!!

smokehound
04-16-2011, 12:54 AM
There's no excuse. people who keep everything they catch are abominations..

I have nothing but contempt for people who dont read regulations at least on a basic level. This is ignorance, and I detest this level of incompetence and lack of respect for life!

I'd say what I believe fuels this lack of respect for the water and life, but I think too many of you will take extreme offense and take the usual route of that group and get me banhammered..

Hint: it has nothing to do with race.

fish-o-haulic
04-16-2011, 07:35 PM

I have nothing but contempt for people who dont read regulations at least on a basic level. This is ignorance, and I detest this level of incompetence and lack of respect for life!

I'd say what I believe fuels this lack of respect for the water and life, but I think too many of you will take extreme offense and take the usual route of that group and get me banhammered..

calm down its not that serious.

Ifishtoolittle
04-18-2011, 09:52 PM

Well said.

mirage2887
04-20-2011, 05:56 PM
went to the pudd again today an saw the same couple this time the old lady did a nice job catching big 5lb bass nice fish...... but guess what she took out the stringer an threaded it through the nice fish an put it in the DAM bucket everyone was just staring at them with a weird face like why did they not through that fish back

Surfer
04-20-2011, 06:02 PM
went to the pudd again today an saw the same couple this time the old lady did a nice job catching big 5lb bass nice fish...... but guess what she took out the stringer an threaded it through the nice fish an put it in the DAM bucket everyone was just staring at them with a weird face like why did they not through that fish back

That's very sad to hear, but unfortunately LMB is somewhat of a delicacy in some Asian cultures. Last time I was at the 99 Ranch Market live LMB was selling for $11.99/Lb. Do the math. A 5lb bass would cost $59.95!

As a side note. I actually purchased one that was about a pound and a half. When I got home and fried it up, it tasted ok, It wasn't great but just ok. The meat was a bit mushy and tasted fishy.

Which Way Out
04-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Speed dial the cell phone to Cal Tip 1 888 334 2258 and whatever the local lake number is. Dial it leave a message whatever.

Vman
04-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Damn strawhat wearing Asians with their white 5 gallon buckets and nightcrawler bait. They are a big problem at Castaic Lagoon too. They come during the late evening and use the cover of night to poach that place where it's only a 2 bass 15" limit. All they need to do is go to the 99 Ranch Market and buy live LMB there.

Where 's the fun in that when you can poach for free. Just being sarcastic. As an Asian American, it bothers me alot to see these things and I have no problem addressing the issue. Nowaday, when I see an Asian poacher, I will walk straight up to him and tell him that he 's breaking the law but will never resort to violence or take matters in my own hands.