PDA

View Full Version : santa fe dam

Lakerfan160
04-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi my name is Jesse and im new to this and this is my first post. went fishing on April 10 and my cousin and i got nothing. you guys got any good tips or wats good for bass now. last week a only got one bass on a jig but thats all:Sad:

LuvThymetal
04-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Nice bass, how much did it weight?

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
its amazing almost 200 views ,and 1 reply.welcome on board.sometimes the newbes get ignored.the guys are leary of some newer fisherman on this site.mainly not knowing if they practice C&R.thanks for the pics ,and report.ive fished santa fe several times for nothing ,but tiny pan fish ,and bass.i find the good old dropshot.the most productive methoud on any body of water ive ever fished. including the coast.for better local fishing i prefer the pudd hands down..again welcome aboard.....mike the pmb....

Lakerfan160
04-13-2011, 08:55 PM

with a guys a hook weight look a little old thou

Lakerfan160
04-13-2011, 08:59 PM
its amazing almost 200 views ,and 1 reply.welcome on board.sometimes the newbes get ignored.the guys are leary of some newer fisherman on this site.mainly not knowing if they practice C&R.thanks for the pics ,and report.ive fished santa fe several times for nothing ,but tiny pan fish ,and bass.i find the good old dropshot.the most productive methoud on any body of water ive ever fished. including the coast.for better local fishing i prefer the pudd hands down..again welcome aboard.....mike the pmb....

Thx.i will try to drop shot more than. i would go to pudd more often to catch some bass. Tnx again

Lakerfan160
04-13-2011, 09:00 PM

it weight around six pounds

VIVID_FLY
04-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Drop shot roboworm 4" "hologram shad" color or the Grape purple ... "DARKSIDE FISHING"

Lakerfan160
04-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Drop shot roboworm 4" "hologram shad" color or the Grape purple ... "DARKSIDE FISHING"

Thx for the reply. do u know a good place thats sells a good variety of worms around the san gabriel valley area.

ToadsToadsOnly
04-15-2011, 01:55 AM
I was out there a couple weeks ago saw a couple spawning Hawgs go in the bucket by a couple fisherman it heart my heart to see that. I am glad the spawn is winding down at sfd so the fish could catch a break. If you are new to the board and to fishing bass hopefully you adopt catch and release. In some lakes the locals preach CPR(catch picture release) and have successfully educated the locals about how important it is to CPR. Santa Fe Dam on the other hand unfortunately there are still a good amount of bucket fisherman and every year during spawn this lake gets raped.

I grew up fishing that lake and learned a lot there hopefully you will as well, A important things to do is do not be afraid to ask questions not only on the board but most importantly when you are fishing. If you see a guy catch fish ask him "what are you using?". I been fishing bass forever and when I see somone slaying the fish I will ask questions and try to learn something new. You not only could learn some tips but also you might make a freined. Well here is a tip purple blue neon, oxblood kills at SFD, texas rigged, use a small bullet weight. Remember to CPR... It will help your lake out drastically in the near future.

Lakerfan160
04-15-2011, 03:38 PM
I grew up fishing that lake and learned a lot there hopefully you will as well, A important things to do is do not be afraid to ask questions not only on the board but most importantly when you are fishing. If you see a guy catch fish ask him "what are you using?". I been fishing bass forever and when I see somone slaying the fish I will ask questions and try to learn something new. You not only could learn some tips but also you might make a freined. Well here is a tip purple blue neon, oxblood kills at SFD, texas rigged, use a small bullet weight. Remember to CPR... It will help your lake out drastically in the near future.

thx for the reply i will be sure to ask questions and i will follow all these tips. i had always catch and release all my bass i wouldnt want to keep any of the bass. i will contiuned catch and release:Smile:

TonyLisa
04-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Thx for the reply. do u know a good place thats sells a good variety of worms around the san gabriel valley area.

i sell, make, and buy worms im at sfd almost everyday from 5pm and on or heres a list of tackle stores

Richards Tackle
b&m tackle
sports chalet
turners outdoors
sav on tackle

Lakerfan160
04-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Tnx tonylisa