PDA

View Full Version : 4/11 trip

hooks
04-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Hey viners,
Arrived at 4 am to find 3 cars. It was 38* @6am:EyePop:
I launched and headed to Woodys cove (a fav. spot as of late).
After 1.5 hours and no bites, I hit the troll. The water is temp. is 63*. Around trout island, the pole with the 15 pound test:mad: starts screaming (free spool with clicker).
It's a nice 2 pound bow. After putting the boat back in gear, the lead core gets hit right as it comes up off the bottom. Another bow, about 2.5 pounds. I trolled thru the "zone" about 3 more times b4 ending up in a "secret" spot along the west shore. I was soon getting ripped on the bobber/crawler combo (long leader). The power mouse was also getting hit. I soon limit with 2 more on the bobber and one on the "mouse".
The biggest was about 3 pounds.
I'll guess that were maybe 25 boats on the lake:LOL: and almost everyone had some fish. Shore guys were little more limited then the boat guys though.
I seen fish being cleaned to 6 pounds.
Regardless of some of the crying I've heard on here, it's still happening.:No Pity:
tight lines....

Criss
04-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Nice job bullying in the dinks on 15pound test..Sounds Epic...jk....nice report..

hooks
04-12-2011, 07:23 PM
No bullying a 2 pounder on 15 pound test!
:Twisted:

dixoncider
04-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the info hooks...Nice to get a straight report from out there...

Rooster
04-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Great report, hope 2 cya out there sometime

Surfnsnowboard3
04-13-2011, 01:13 AM
Hey viners,
Arrived at 4 am to find 3 cars. It was 38* @6am:EyePop:
I launched and headed to Woodys cove (a fav. spot as of late).
After 1.5 hours and no bites, I hit the troll. The water is temp. is 63*. Around trout island, the pole with the 15 pound test:mad: starts screaming (free spool with clicker).
It's a nice 2 pound bow. After putting the boat back in gear, the lead core gets hit right as it comes up off the bottom. Another bow, about 2.5 pounds. I trolled thru the "zone" about 3 more times b4 ending up in a "secret" spot along the west shore. I was soon getting ripped on the bobber/crawler combo (long leader). The power mouse was also getting hit. I soon limit with 2 more on the bobber and one on the "mouse".
The biggest was about 3 pounds.
I'll guess that were maybe 25 boats on the lake:LOL: and almost everyone had some fish. Shore guys were little more limited then the boat guys though.
I seen fish being cleaned to 6 pounds.
Regardless of some of the crying I've heard on here, it's still happening.:No Pity:
tight lines....

You use a bobber while trolling?

5150fishn
04-13-2011, 08:02 AM
You use a bobber while trolling?
I believe he was probably parked at his secret spot on the west shore.
Thanks for the report Hooks. I figured the bite would pick up pretty decent with all of the tourney pressure gone. Nice job slaying the Vine feesh!

TaperSteve
04-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the info hooks...Nice to get a straight report from out there...

Dood.... I don't know what you meant by your comments but I post a full Vine report with pics just about every week. Come to think of it I can't recall you ever replying to any of my reports. Guess they aren't "straight" enough for you.

hooks - Thanx for the report! WTG on the limit! Saturday was a bit on the slow side for me with the tourney pressure and all but my daughter was still able to catch a 3rd place fish and cash in on some nice gear.

TS

Marley
04-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Mondays at Irvine Lake are the best! No yahoos, it's quiet, and most of the fish are still there and right where they're supposed to be. I wish I could still fish on Mondays.
BTW Steve, I always read your reporst because they're detailed and I can read between the lines (you sometimes have to paint) and know exactly what you're talking about. You have the place dialed in!

dixoncider
04-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Dood.... I don't know what you meant by your comments but I post a full Vine report with pics just about every week. Come to think of it I can't recall you ever replying to any of my reports. Guess they aren't "straight" enough for you.

hooks - Thanx for the report! WTG on the limit! Saturday was a bit on the slow side for me with the tourney pressure and all but my daughter was still able to catch a 3rd place fish and cash in on some nice gear.

TS

The only reason I say that is because I have seen hooks fishing out there. And his catch and report are the same..I have not meet you at the lake Tapersteve so I am sorry if I have not commented on your report..No harm meant. I do read your reports and am happy for the info..Thanks