PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 4/11

MikesOcean
04-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Well, this was my first time fishing pyramid cuz I usually fish castaic. I decided change was good and why not! Me and a buddy didn't hit the water until 10am due to boat problems.

I didn't do as well as I expected but I can't complain either.

Launched at 10am and started trolling. Immediately Zzzz hook up. Saweet I picked the right lure. Then again, and again. 3 in the first half hour. All I was thinking was that how fun is this gonna be if its like this all day. Wrong, trolled for hours more and only landed 1 more. I was hoping we would get into some big ones and that the action would be more consistent. We had a hard time locating them after the first hour. Water temps were anywhere from 58-60 degrees. I guess I will have better luck next time. but it sure beats the big skunk. I will be going more often, so I will be back to post more.:LOL:

Mikesocean

fish-o-haulic
04-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Well, this was my first time fishing pyramid cuz I usually fish castaic. I decided change was good and why not! Me and a buddy didn't hit the water until 10am due to boat problems.

I didn't do as well as I expected but I can't complain either.

Launched at 10am and started trolling. Immediately Zzzz hook up. Saweet I picked the right lure. Then again, and again. 3 in the first half hour. All I was thinking was that how fun is this gonna be if its like this all day. Wrong, trolled for hours more and only landed 1 more. I was hoping we would get into some big ones and that the action would be more consistent. We had a hard time locating them after the first hour. Water temps were anywhere from 58-60 degrees. I guess I will have better luck next time. but it sure beats the big skunk. I will be going more often, so I will be back to post more.:LOL:

Mikesocean

pyramid is the place to go if u have a boat fishing isnt too good from shore in my experiences

reservoir dog
04-12-2011, 02:46 PM
pyramid is the place to go if u have a boat fishing isnt too good from shore in my experiences

I agree, your chances are much better with a boat at Pyramid. If you're going to fish from the shore you're probably better off at Castaic. Good catch Mike!

fish-o-haulic
04-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I agree, your chances are much better with a boat at Pyramid. If you're going to fish from the shore you're probably better off at Castaic. Good catch Mike!

ive caught big kitties there. but not too many striper.

fishfinder
04-12-2011, 04:46 PM
nice catch, i will be there friday for the first time in a year.

fishinone
04-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Nice catch.

I think the weather has been making them finicky but that shouldn't last long.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-13-2011, 11:05 AM
congrats on the action....

we really need the weather to get some stability...rapidly fluxing barometric pressure and cold front night (and sometimes day) temps have pushed things back a bit...

Come on steady weather...

Things are right on top of the wall ready to push over soon...

Congrats on the catches : )

Gary

Shock
04-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Nice job on the Mid Stripey kill!!!!

MikesOcean
04-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Thank you all!! Ya that lake is pretty awesome! Trolling was a lot harder then I thought. It requires an extreme amount of knowledge and experience. I tip my hat off to a lot of you that have it dialed in. I bet that lake is
Amazing to fish for stripers when things heat up.

I love to bass fish and pyramid looks like it has great spots for that too.

I hope pyramid gets those crazy boils like Castaic. Well, if it does I am even more fired up to throw my top water baits.

I will be going back Friday or Monday. I will post again. Looking forward to hear more post as well.

Til Next Blood!
Mikesocean

fishfinder
04-14-2011, 09:25 PM
nice catch, i will be there friday for the first time in a year.

man work sucks. every time i plan to go fishing, we have to get a bird in the air. now i have to work friday.

fishraider
04-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Who said there not biting there? 6 people on wednesday 4/13/11 for 60 stripers. 8 big cat fish.

smokehound
04-15-2011, 08:48 PM
personally, if the action on the troll died like that, I would switch to liver and anchovies.. (the salted ones)

fishfinder
04-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Who said there not biting there? 6 people on wednesday 4/13/11 for 60 stripers. 8 big cat fish.

how deep? on the troll or with bait?

cutbait
04-16-2011, 04:29 PM
how deep? on the troll or with bait?

That's what I call the phantom/ bs report.... claims like those need to be backed up with pics

Shore Stalker
04-17-2011, 10:25 AM

I saw you guys If that was you by the Dam with another boat. It must have been a good spot cuz those boys were tight on it side by side. What was that orange thing you guys had turn around to go pick up. I thought I saw it spashing.

BIGBASS MB
04-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Good job on your first trip to the mid, i hope castaic will turn on soon so we can get them like we got em last year...
Mikey let me know when your going up ther next i 'll try to meet you guys up there...
Mb