PDA

View Full Version : Bait Report 4/11

DockRat
04-12-2011, 06:14 AM
Monday am off Pier J near the Queen Mary there was tons of bait. Dolphins, Seals, Pelicans, Gulls all were chowing down. The bait was in several different areas from 50' off the rocks and out to Queens Gate. Saw a guy at the QM fishing area land a almost legal Barracuda.

Been fishing KH at JCS after work and there has been some schools of big anchovies the last few days from the short pier out towards the seal barge. You can watch the bait crash and move around and when they get in casting range it is game on for mackeral. Mostly smaller macs around 10". They were hitting the smaller blue/chrome Kroc and I c&r ed several that would hit it on the drop.

Sunday a group had bought some live sardines and had them in a floating bait net off the rocks, they fished several hours for nothing with live bait. No Bonito still, No Steam at the power plant for a month now.

Little Brits first fish ! http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/lmunk2000/british_flag_small.gif

Highlight of the day was this British family that was taking pics up above me at the viewing platform. Two little girls were saying they wish they could go fishing because they had never fished before.

So I hook this Mac and and went up and said ' Here, reel it in '
The girl was so excited but then the Mac came unbuttoned.
I told her don't worry I'll get another, bam, Mac on. Went up and passed off the rod to the 6 year old, she reeled it in, big smile, the family snapping pics, then I let it go.

The best part; The girls wanted to stay, but the parents were telling them lets go,
then the little Brit said in her heavy English accent.

'Father, I love fishing. I could sit here all day and just fish'

So Cute and Funny. They said thank you and moved on.
Made my day.
DR

fishinglover
04-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Nice report Men GOOD JOB......

Newfishsmell
04-13-2011, 06:34 AM
ahh you're so sensitive DR .... :LOL:

just mess'n with ya bro , lol
imagine if she hooked into a Bonito :EyePop:

DockRat
04-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Went back and loaded up on shark bait tues.
Landed 30 Macs in 1 1/2 hours. All on the Kroc and 90% on the drop near the bottom.
Mostly small about 8" (killer bait size), some toads at 16". 4 to 6 per ziplock.
DR