PDA

View Full Version : Monday session at the Lagoon

SDDave
04-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Got out for a late afternoon trip after meeting with the Scott from trolling motors west to look over my beat up MK Max 80 that giving me a few problems, Scott got the ball rolling and did a quit lil repair that he spotted that I didn't even see, The guy is on the ball, if anyone needs work done, Check him out...
The weather was awesome, the lake was glassed off and looked like a post card, surface temp is warming up, the launch was at 61 and didn't change to much around the lake, I messed around with some bed fish until my friend showed up and off we went, Started to pick off some bass, I drew first fish, second spot we got a double, next spot was slow so I committed and mouthed off and said I'd take him to my honey hole... pressures on now, I think he got first fish, then I got bit and we had a double going, then two more, the fish were in the 3.8 to 7 ish range.
we left that area, got 8 or 9 from there, my spot paid off best, Yeah... better have, after mouthing off!

Worked our way back up the lake, ran into John M and his son and talk a bit, and as soon as that we git bit, nice fish, then a couple missed fish.. ahhh then I get bit and finish the day with a good fish, not the jackpot but she felt big...
only took a pick of these two, the rest were already released to not stress the fish, but they were all like these models...
The goons getting there, if your looking to spend the time on getting some better grade fish, possibly your personal best... look me up...

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/sddave50/421548e5.jpg

bowler
04-11-2011, 11:07 PM
nice looking bass you got there.

ghetto dad
04-12-2011, 01:45 AM
NICE HOGS brother!! great job and great report!

GD

trail blazer
04-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Nice report SDDAVE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Great looking LMB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,See ya at the SFEST

TRAIL BLAZER

SDDave
04-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Thanks guys, I should have tipped the photographer... Lol
They were nice fish but a camera in the right hands lol
Yeah you guys moved the striperfest up to the mid I see, and I just got on a teener plus pattern at Castaic, 145 pound stringers... Or more
O well guess its going to beca little lighter up at the mid...

cutbait
04-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Nice report. Good to see someone who knows what they are doing at the goon!

Criss
04-12-2011, 09:53 AM
nice fish. you seem to know what you are doing that is for sure.

LuvThymetal
04-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Damn, sweet looking bass there, good stuff!

Btbdodgers
04-13-2011, 12:43 AM
like always........NICE DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

fish-o-haulic
04-13-2011, 08:16 AM
nice fishies!!! Looks like somebody had a good day.

ThatKidCASH
04-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Yeah buddy! Nice fish!

CL SmooV
04-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Nice Catch Dave!

jowo
04-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Hey Dave, did you say you're onto a pattern at Castaic where you found some teen+ stripers? If there's a good chance of getting multiple fish in the teens, I'd be up for hiring you for a trip...

SDDave
04-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Jowo I'm booked all the way till the end of September for the teener striper trips, I'll let you know if anyone cancels out, but who would....
If want to book for next year for early season I can do that to...
What I have open right now are just these largemouth trips, chances to catch a personal best at any time.
The last three people I took out caught they're personal best bass.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Jowo I'm booked all the way till the end of September for the teener striper trips, I'll let you know if anyone cancels out, but who would....
If want to book for next year for early season I can do that to...
What I have open right now are just these largemouth trips, chances to catch a personal best at any time.
The last three people I took out caught they're personal best bass.
Luv ta see the pics of those stripers : )

jowo
04-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Mind if I ask why you have certain trips for stripers and certain ones for bass? If they're all at Castaic, wouldn't it just be a matter of switching out gear?

SDDave
04-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Come on Gary you've seen pictures and fish themselves, no photos needed, besides we only take pics of the 20's or better.
And the actions been so hot lately who had time for pics... Lol
But getting back to why the striper comment was made, the prefish for the Castaic striperfest isn't needed now since it's been change to pyramid.
I thought everyone word get the sarcasim,
As tweety bird used to say, he don't know me very well.. Do he.
So yes for those of you who got the orignal meaning of the sarcasm yea and for those who took it it as gospel truth my bad, because of what you know of me is if I had a stringer of 145 pounds of striper it would be posted, roasted and toasted....

SDDave
04-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Mind if I ask why you have certain trips for stripers and certain ones for bass? If they're all at Castaic, wouldn't it just be a matter of switching out gear?

The striper comment was meant as a joke to cutbait and trailblazer, if I had a striperbite like that going on, believe me I wouldn't be the only one getting them.
Right now striper fishing sucks for me.
I went out yesterday, worked and worked the big plugs, point areas for the schooly fish that ate usasully around right now. Didn't even get a follower!
So as easy as grabbing another rig I was in the shallOws and the back of the coves playing with site fish.
Then went down to the lower after that and fiinish the evening with a good crawdad fish.

Soon as the year rolls along it will be a mix of stripers and bass but right now I'm mostly doing what ever puts them in the boat and that's crawdad fishing.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Come on Gary you've seen pictures and fish themselves, no photos needed, besides we only take pics of the 20's or better.
And the actions been so hot lately who had time for pics... Lol
But getting back to why the striper comment was made, the prefish for the Castaic striperfest isn't needed now since it's been change to pyramid.
I thought everyone word get the sarcasim,
As tweety bird used to say, he don't know me very well.. Do he.
So yes for those of you who got the orignal meaning of the sarcasm yea and for those who took it it as gospel truth my bad, because of what you know of me is if I had a stringer of 145 pounds of striper it would be posted, roasted and toasted....

Consider it Roasted : )

Yeee-haw...go get ya sum : )

SDDave
04-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Yeah baby, toasted, smoked, and hides made into cowboy boots...

cutbait
04-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Yeah baby, toasted, smoked, and hides made into cowboy boots...

Yo Davemart.. just a suggestion.

Its a wide open teen to pig striper bite up here in bako...

Your on the right track with the green carp trip early in the mornin. Just put a few 1.5 lb class in the live well and watch the teen stripey bite bust open...

This is how bako boys roll

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/stripereatinglmbfinal.jpg

trail blazer
04-13-2011, 03:17 PM
The striper comment was meant as a joke to cutbait and trailblazer, if I had a striperbite like that going on, believe me I wouldn't be the only one getting them.
Right now striper fishing sucks for me.
I went out yesterday, worked and worked the big plugs, point areas for the schooly fish that ate usasully around right now. Didn't even get a follower!
So as easy as grabbing another rig I was in the shallOws and the back of the coves playing with site fish.
Then went down to the lower after that and fiinish the evening with a good crawdad fish.

Soon as the year rolls along it will be a mix of stripers and bass but right now I'm mostly doing what ever puts them in the boat and that's crawdad fishing.

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nice!!!!

Wait till you see our special STRIPERFEST clothing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU,L LOVE,M,.

Actually DAVE,,,,,,,,,We know you,v got skill,s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,We thought you was probably just doing what GARY does,,,EXAGERATE !!!!!!

LOL!!

Going to be a great time at the mid DAVE,,,,,,,,,,,,,See ya there

TRAIL BLAZER

jowo
04-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Alright, thanks for the clarification. Had me droolin' there for a minute! Rented a boat there last week with a work buddy and only got 1 on bait.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Actually DAVE,,,,,,,,,We know you,v got skill,s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,We thought you was probably just doing what GARY does,,,EXAGERATE !!!!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

Aww come on TB...U KNOW the only REAL exageration was when U told ur wife U got a 12"....er.....bass..

Basssss
04-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Your knowledge was worth every penny you spent to get it wasn't it Dave:Rolls Eyes::Banned::ROFL:

Now you're trying to make money off someone elses years of hard work