PDA

View Full Version : WON SCTO Irvine Lake 2011 Results

WON Events
04-11-2011, 11:47 AM
We had a great time at this years event. Lots of quality fish were caught and many great sponsor prizes were awarded. Here is how the top 5 in each division turned out!

Adult Male:

First place — Mike Alvarado - 10.90
Second place — Maurice Vandermande - 10.23
Third place — Daniel Daquila - 9.06
Fourth place — Diego Izurieta - 7.07
Fifth place — Edward John - 6.64

Adult female:

First place — Jovie Nievar - 5.85
Second place — Jacqueline Smith - 5.45
Third place — Cynthia Ybarra - 5.25
Fourth place — Ariana Monge - 5.19
Fifth place — Fabiola Soto - 5.13

Junior:

First place — Cambrie Vandermade - 5.05
Second place — Kaela Braseny - 4.82
Third place — April Christopher - 4.54
Fourth place — Jonathan Chance - 4.23
Fifth place — Nick Settimo - 3.67

redrydr77
04-11-2011, 12:39 PM
This year brought out the worst fisherman. If you could call them that. Sorry WON, but I wont be returning after many years. Fishing was rough, but managable. The problem was trollers running withing 25-50 ft of shore scarring off fish and cutting lines. Trollers also bobbing and weaving through tubers/yakers. Not cool! Then there where the turds netting and snagging shallow running schools of trout all day around the lake. I even witnessed a man try to weigh in a last minute catch and then give it to his wife to weigh in when he didnt get on the board. By the way she was in the pro shop when he caught it. Come on people! Then the staff rushed through the raffle giving everything to a select few, rather than spreading the love as in the past. Unless I had a brain fart I didnt even hear them raffle of the Panther Martin/Sea Eagle boat. What gives?

redrydr77
04-11-2011, 12:42 PM
By the way, the woman on the far right who I beleive is the winner with that big trophy. She is the one who weighed in her husbands catch with 5 minutes to go. Way to WON!

JohnnyBoy
04-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Anytime there is money involved, it's going to bring out the kook crew at any body of water. That's why I don't fish those things. Ambiance is part of the fishing experience for me, and Kook central is not my idea of a good time. Redrydr77 you should go out during the week. The netting and snaging thing is just F%$#ed. Those people shouldnt be allowed back in the gates EVER. Let your skill do the talking not your big net and snaging hook. That is so ghetto.

About the WON results, I see things never change do they ?

HBAR
04-11-2011, 07:28 PM
WON THANK YOU GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, as for the haters I had a whole bunch of stuff I was going to say but nah I won't say it. But I will say if you saw something then maybe YOU should have brought it to someone's attention instead of complaining about it after the fact.

JohnnyBoy
04-11-2011, 08:41 PM
WON THANK YOU GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, as for the haters I had a whole bunch of stuff I was going to say but nah I won't say it. But I will say if you saw something then maybe YOU should have brought it to someone's attention instead of complaining about it after the fact.

Hbar, I fail to see how my post had anything to do with being a hater. I was just stating that I don't like fishing in crowds and I don't appreciate people netting and snagging fish, thats fish we don't have a chance to catch with rod and reel. Glad to see you had a good time. Keep those rods bent. Sorry if you took my post the wrong way.

Hitts0n
04-11-2011, 08:52 PM
You really cant blame this on WON.Yea it was their event,but you get cheaters out there when it comes to
huge events like this.If you have to cheat to win,let them do it.We know who are the real fisherman !
Irather fish regular days at the Vine so I can sit back and relax.Then afterwards I can go up and chat with the lake staff.
Cheaters never............................................. ..........................u finish the rest....

HBAR
04-11-2011, 09:26 PM
I didn't personally call you a hater it was a general throw out there type of thing, the way I see it yes this lake does want me to catch fish as for somewhere else that's a whole different issue, been here 3 times skunk the first time, 5 the second time total weight was just over 10pounds, and now the 3rd time I catch this big girl and my son caught his 2nd fish as well.
I don't like the crowds either I wanted to say something when people got too close, but then later when one of them gave me a hand since my buddy went somewhere else we got along just fine.

Trout Doctor
04-12-2011, 08:47 AM
I don't like the crowds either I wanted to say something when people got too close...

It might not hurt. I was there a weekend or two ago with my family and a pontoon and was driving it around for the first time. I had no idea what I was doing and was dodging other trollers, tubers, and yakers left and right, had to get close to shore (30 feet maybe?) to avoid killing people or avoid other trollers following too close and sitting right on top of where my lures were. Anyway, my point is it might have been helpful to have someone who knew the rules better point out which parts of the above mess were my fault. Not, "Hey a**hole!! Get the **** outta here!" But more, "Hey dude! This lake trolls counter-clockwise (weird, I know). And I'd avoid going into Woody's cove on the troll. Too tight to turn out without getting on top of shore anglers." Crap like that, which I had to figure out by trial and error, after a few "Hey a**hole!" looks, haha. It's probably all common sense to most, but I'm a moron. But not a malicious moron. Think Forest Gump behind the wheel of a 17 foot boat.

That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little troll. So I trolled to the end of boat dock cove, and when I got there, I thought maybe I'd troll to the end of the west shore. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just troll across Santiago Flats. And I figured since I trolled this far, maybe I'd just troll across the great clay cliffs. And that's what I did. I trolled clear across the cliffs. For no particular reason, I just kept on trolling. I trolled clear to the dam. And when I got there, I figured since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another cove, I figured since I've gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going. When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went.
-Trout Gump

HBAR
04-12-2011, 01:32 PM
That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little troll. So I trolled to the end of boat dock cove, and when I got there, I thought maybe I'd troll to the end of the west shore. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just troll across Santiago Flats. And I figured since I trolled this far, maybe I'd just troll across the great clay cliffs. And that's what I did. I trolled clear across the cliffs. For no particular reason, I just kept on trolling. I trolled clear to the dam. And when I got there, I figured since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another cove, I figured since I've gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going. When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went.
-Trout Gump

that was funny read out loud to wife she was laughing

socal114
04-12-2011, 06:49 PM
It might not hurt. I was there a weekend or two ago with my family and a pontoon and was driving it around for the first time. I had no idea what I was doing and was dodging other trollers, tubers, and yakers left and right, had to get close to shore (30 feet maybe?) to avoid killing people or avoid other trollers following too close and sitting right on top of where my lures were. Anyway, my point is it might have been helpful to have someone who knew the rules better point out which parts of the above mess were my fault. Not, "Hey a**hole!! Get the **** outta here!" But more, "Hey dude! This lake trolls counter-clockwise (weird, I know). And I'd avoid going into Woody's cove on the troll. Too tight to turn out without getting on top of shore anglers." Crap like that, which I had to figure out by trial and error, after a few "Hey a**hole!" looks, haha. It's probably all common sense to most, but I'm a moron. But not a malicious moron. Think Forest Gump behind the wheel of a 17 foot boat.

-Trout Gump
This says it all right here. Exactly why I won't fish busy weekends or these type of events. These pay lakes will rent a boat to anybody with a driver's license, whether they have any boat driving experience or not. It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt. FAIL!

See Chris Fish
04-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow! I had the exact opposite experience. I had a rental boater coming up to pass me, asked me where I was planning to troll, because HE DIDN'T WANT TO MESS UP MY PLAN!!! He was going to go into a little cove and was going to let me troll through first. I was shocked! Courtesy on the water! I gladly told him to hop the cove and I'd troll outside.
Also, had numerous head on encounters with other boats. I must've just been really lucky, cause no tangled lines, lost lures, nasty stares. Nothing but, hey, how's it? Good luck. Really nice to be out with people that know the rules of the water. It was one of the best, crowded trolling days I've had.

Please report the cheaters. Get the tackle shops number and call them. I know for a fact that they'll send someone out. Especially, when there's a big money tourney on. I didn't see the fish hand off, so I couldn't report it. Wish someone had. I'm sure the person who was in 6th place would've appreciated it.

I also wish that they'd give out more prizes to more contestants. If you win, you win big. If you don't, well. Spread the loot around some.

They did give out the Sea Eagle. I think it was the first thing to go.

Trout Doctor
04-12-2011, 10:10 PM
This says it all right here. Exactly why I won't fish busy weekends or these type of events. These pay lakes will rent a boat to anybody with a driver's license, whether they have any boat driving experience or not. It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt. FAIL!

Sounds like I won't see you out there. At least I'm trying to learn. I read all the rules before-hand. My only point was well-intended people may make simple, honest mistakes and appreciate being educated. I apologize for not being born a sailor.

Side note: You shouldn't take life so seriously. You'll never get out alive. Cheers.

that was funny read out loud to wife she was laughing

Ha! Glad you caught the reference. I was worried it was too obscure, even with the hint, haha.

Rooster
04-12-2011, 10:29 PM
The answer to the Won Events handoffs is rather simple in my eyes.

DON'T POST THE WEIGHTS ON THE BOARD!

Would prevent alot of husbands looking to see there beat and then having there wife weigh in the fish.

This also goes towards kids weighing in the trout there parent infact caught.

BTW anyone catch any tagged trout?

Hitts0n
04-13-2011, 09:09 PM
The answer to the Won Events handoffs is rather simple in my eyes.

DON'T POST THE WEIGHTS ON THE BOARD!

Would prevent alot of husbands looking to see there beat and then having there wife weigh in the fish.

i WAS THINKING THE SAME THINGS....LMAO !!

TaperSteve
04-14-2011, 07:41 AM

Just for clarification purposes....

i'm sure some of you have been thinking I may have caught my daughters 3rd place fish from some of the comments i've been hearing thrown around. Well my daughter was anxious to get "her" fish weighed in so we headed for the scales right at 12pm when they opened and yes, she was infact the 1st person to weigh-in a fish. No watching the boards for me to see if i'd be able to weigh-in the fish and place, no shady business like that. Def does suck others have to resort to that level though. While it was a big tourney its not like there was big $money$ on the line. Big $money$ or not if you see people cheating in any way (weighing in fish they didnt catch, fishing over their limit, fishing more than 2 rods, etc....) please next time call the tackle shop and report their asses!

Rob - I think 2 of the 200 tagged trout were caught.

TS