PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake Fish Report 4/10

Gator
04-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Quick Report for Sunday:
Float tubed the east side next to the trees from 0700 to 1530.
There was a pretty good bite in this area so I did not move around to much. Caught around 10 trout.
I released the ones that were just lip hooked. All were caught on white and orange power worms.
Drop shot was working good. When I noticed some surface fish I switched to a very small split shot.
All really nice size fish. A couple over the 3 pound mark. Had a blast! I love when those big tailwalkers go airborne!

I did try the micetails but there was quite a few short bites so I switched to powerworms.
The bite slowed from 1200-1400 and then went wide open until 1530.

christainmetalhead909
04-11-2011, 06:27 PM
thanks for the report ill be there wen, either tubing or my friend may wanna rent a boat

phishin phool
04-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Quick Report for Sunday:
Float tubed the east side next to the trees from 0700 to 1530.
There was a pretty good bite in this area so I did not move around to much. Caught around 10 trout.
I released the ones that were just lip hooked. All were caught on white and orange power worms.
Drop shot was working good. When I noticed some surface fish I switched to a very small split shot.
All really nice size fish. A couple over the 3 pound mark. Had a blast! I love when those big tailwalkers go airborne!

I did try the micetails but there was quite a few short bites so I switched to powerworms.
The bite slowed from 1200-1400 and then went wide open until 1530.
Great report Gator! I was having the same problem with the micetails on sat. Glad to see ya slayed em!!! Later Gator! :)

Zodiac
04-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Great report Gator, now did you wacky rig the drop shot and the split shot or did it work better with a threaded worm. Thanks for the great report again, tight lines!.

Surfnsnowboard3
04-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Great report Gator, now did you wacky rig the drop shot and the split shot or did it work better with a threaded worm. Thanks for the great report again, tight lines!.

In my experience, a wacky rig with a trout worm is a NO-NO. That is strictly for bass fishing. Threaded worm with small hook for trout is the ticket.

Gator
04-13-2011, 06:25 AM
Zodiac: I usually switch it up wacky and threaded on the drop shot. When I split shot above the hook that is always threaded. On sunday threaded was getting more bites. I went last Friday the day after they stocked the sierra bows and caught 12 all on wacky. If I am pounding one spot for awhile I like to switch it up and give the fish a different presentation. I like it better wacky it saves time from trying to thread the worm on straight. Just hook it threw the middle of the worm and toss it out.