PDA

View Full Version : This fool and josh got a new tradition 4/9/2011

Thisfool
04-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Well after a few weeks of planning Josh and i hit up the tradition yesterday.

and well it all started the night before. After running a few errands after work i head down to joshes casa where his wife was a bit upset at me due to my late arrival. You see the plan was for the three of us to go out to dinner at there favorite sushi bar. So after the hellos were said we hit the road and in a few short minutes we were at sushi bar and there to great us was 5 large live halibuts in a viewing tank. Once i took my first bite of the halibut sushi i understood why joshes wife was upset with me and well i would be mad to if some one made me wait for that sushi.

After dinner we went back to the house watched a movie had some great laughs and hit the hay, as we had a early morning and a unfamiliar dive ahead of use. After a little bit of confusion we final figured out were we were suppose to be. once we were let in the gate we were greeted with a nice smile and hello and i just new this was going to be a great crew and well i was right every single person was super helpful friendly and hard working.

Once we picked up a bit of bait for the tank we head for the first of the many honey holes to come.

As we approached the first spot the captain got on his loud speaker and informed us of what to rig up with and well thanks to the current we need 10oz or better. Hearing that kind of made me a bit sad i am use to the light weight of fresh water and reeling up nearly a pound of dead weight a few hundred feet all day isn't exactly my idea of a good time.

Well my worse fear came true i was reeling up and down all day, but it was a good think.

First drift and almost every ones rod has a bend in it, grouper, red snapper and a few other kinds of fish that i cant properly id were coming over the rail and all were of good size. no one taco sized fish at all. I my self got a decent sized red snapper josh managed to pull up a 2 pound grouper.

Aww but alas it was a short but sweet drift the Capetian informed us if your up stay up we are going to swing around and drift the ledge again. on the second pass every ones rod gets an arch put into it. More good sized grouper more decent reds and i my self picked up a double rojo.

This continued for a few hours one drop get a fish wait for the captain to swing back around to do it again.

At this point i was siting on 5 red snapper all of at least a pound or more, and joshes bag had a few feshes in it to. After seeing so many good sized Grouper coming in i decided i wanted in on it to so i switched out one of my squid strips for a sardine and after a few seconds BOOOOOM FISH ON man it felt like i was bring up a log and then after a few cranks line goes slack my heart sank a bit and i keep reeling in cuz well now i need to rebait BUT WAIT OMG F YEA hes still on after a hand full of cranks line goes slack again and im like WTF i know im not going to get lucky twice keep cranking in to rebait and what would you know the darn thing is still on i finally get him to where i can see color and after giggling like a lil girl and then rubbing in joshes face the way he likes it. this is what i caught

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/0409111348_01.jpg

i dont know what happened to this pic but here is josh holding up a couple of his fish from the first spot. sorry josh

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/0409111437_01.jpg

With the boat being limited out on grouper we changed spots to try to get away from the grouper so we don't all go to jail. but the spot we find only the dinks are biting and the captain moves us on in search of larger models.

The anchor was dropped and deck hand Morgen came around telling us this in basically a sculpin only area and to go with the squid sculpin love squid.

Once again almost every one on the boat goes bend-o instantly including me and josh. we were plugging along pick them up with easy in a variety of sizes some short some just right and some well past the the legal mark. the gentlemen fishing next to me was picking up one good sized one after another on his set up of pink curly tail grubs with a pink lead head on the dropper loop. so i put on a white curly tail grub with a white lead head with red eyes and well the bite slowed down for me but when i got bit it was a fish of better grade.

here is a pick of one of my sculpins. this is one of my smaller ones.

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/0409125755_01.jpg

it was geting a little later in the day and nearly every bag on the boat was bulging at the seems so we started heading in

her is a pic of my pile-0-fish. sorry we dint get more pics we were way to busy catching fish

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/0409141116_01.jpg

It was a great day of fishing. i would just like to say thank you to the crew of the Tradition me and josh will be back very soon

TaperSteve
04-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Cool, awesome report! Thanx for posting sounds like it was a ton of fun.

TS

ghetto dad
04-10-2011, 02:30 PM
EXCELLENT report man..LMFAO @ josh's pic! yeah, ill be hitting the Tradition myself very soon....

GD

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
04-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Great report,
Those guys on the Tradition are a class act!!!

Thisfool
04-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Cool, awesome report! Thanx for posting sounds like it was a ton of fun.

TS

yea man it was. you need to head out with us next time.

EXCELLENT report man..LMFAO @ josh's pic! yeah, ill be hitting the Tradition myself very soon....

GD

yea man i dont know what happend to that pic. its a new phone so i must of accedently pressed something when i took the pic. Awsome boat and crew i cant wait to go again

Great report,
Those guys on the Tradition are a class act!!!

thanks verey much yea the crew was supper cool and helpful. I dint have to walk over and put a single fish in my bag my self and that is increadable cuz fish were comeing over the rail non stop a super hard working crew.

i just wish i took more money with me so i could of given them a much bigger tip.

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
04-10-2011, 03:18 PM
That crew is great, I got the best breakfast burrito awaiting to go to the fishing grounds. Morgan was quite helpful with my son and I when I went.

As far as, the regulars, I'm sure you met the "yak-yaks", fishking, and jimmy. Those guys had me rolling all day and they're quite informative with the task at hand.

Jackpot Jimmy
04-10-2011, 03:51 PM
It was nice to meet you and Josh yesterday. Glad you guys had a great time, and hope to see you back out again soon!

Josh
04-10-2011, 05:36 PM
It was nice to meet you and Josh yesterday. Glad you guys had a great time, and hope to see you back out again soon!

If I didn't have a busy day tomorrow I'd be there. But I definitely plan to get out on the tradition again real soon!

Thisfool
04-10-2011, 07:27 PM

yea jimmy thanks for having us aboard it was a great day of fishing ill be see you guys again soon

JapanRon
04-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi Thisfool,

Sounds like a great trip.

JapanRon

ghetto dad
04-11-2011, 10:01 AM
let me know ahead of time guys when ure going....i might be able to jump on with you....

GD

Thisfool
04-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Thisfool,

Sounds like a great trip.

JapanRon

it sure was

let me know ahead of time guys when ure going....i might be able to jump on with you....

GD

Yea defiantly will do that.

5150fishn
04-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Nice job boys! Way to put the hurt on the rockfish. Glad you guys got out on the water. I may have to hit up some of that action myself soon. Thanks for the report! Oh yeah, I like the picture sabatoge. LOL JK! What no atrocity's this trip.

Thisfool
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Nice job boys! Way to put the hurt on the rockfish. Glad you guys got out on the water. I may have to hit up some of that action myself soon. Thanks for the report! Oh yeah, I like the picture sabatoge. LOL JK! What no atrocity's this trip.

I really dont know what happened to that pic. Yea both josh and i got tangled up with other peoples lines a few times but when its 20lb test and the deck hands are experts and untangling line its no big deal at all.

Hometown
04-11-2011, 07:00 PM
congrats on what looked like a good fun trip

DockRat
04-12-2011, 05:11 AM
Good report and pics, sounds like you guys had fun, wtg.
DR