PDA

View Full Version : More PVR 4-8 and 4-9

Sierra_Smitty
04-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Hit PVR from the dam again on 4-8. Bitterly cold and more snowy conditions....looked like small marshmallows falling from the sky hahaha. Jigs less productive and the lunkers weren't playing nice. Just a bunch of stockers. There was a huge school of stockers in the corner of the dam by the overflow. Thomas, Kastmasters etc were working best.

Saturday we got a little squirley and decided we wanted to throw some hard jerk baits at the inlet side of the lake for some browns. My brother got one nice Brown about 16" on a giant orange rapala but aside from that all we got were follows. Much better weather today. We stuck to our guns so we weren't too disappointed with the lack of action. Other people on shore had mixed results with some stringers holding only a few fish and some looking pretty full. We fished the ramp area and the first bend in the reservoir primarily.

Peace,
Smitty

diamondbear
04-09-2011, 06:39 PM
It sounds like you had pretty good luck again , but sounded cold . Good job again .

Greg Madrigal
04-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Good job Smitty. You can have good luck chuckin rapalas at the power plant on the larger models. We gotta get you fly fishing! :)

Sierra_Smitty
04-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Good job Smitty. You can have good luck chuckin rapalas at the power plant on the larger models. We gotta get you fly fishing! :)

I like fly fishing...just got burned out on it when I was younger. I have nightmares about being 12 again and having to tie dozens of black gnats for my Dad's upcoming backpacking trip lol!!!

Piss on Myspace
04-11-2011, 01:12 PM
good job sticking to your guns....would love to fish PVR as ofter as you.....can't wait till it warms up to access some hike-ins.....good job

STEVE IN SOCAL
04-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Way to spank em J-Rod. When I get my remodel done in Indy I'll hit PVR again. Getting a bit old tugging on 10" stockers around Indy.

Beeracuda211
04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
I like fly fishing...just got burned out on it when I was younger. I have nightmares about being 12 again and having to tie dozens of black gnats for my Dad's upcoming backpacking trip lol!!!

I think what did me in was when greg or harvey smacked me in the forehead with a fly on the cast lol Good Job Smitty I will be calling you in about a month to come pillage your backyard... :Big Grin:

B/C

Mike274
05-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the report Smitty. When we do the family thing it is bait dunkin time, but when by myself I throw the hard stuff. You don't catch as many, but the ones you do catch tend to raise the heart beat a bit. Great seeing you at the FH show, and I will most likely see you later.

Mike