PDA

View Full Version : Duct Cold Front Fish

yolo
04-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Didn't have my hopes up with this crazy weather but you sure can't catch them at home on the keyboard. Had to get revenge for the one that shook off at the edge yesterday. Was going to release it anyway but wanted to get a hand on it first, lol. Snow all over the local mountains and I even found some remains here and there near the duct trails too. Not much stuck on the valley floor but there were signs of it as you can see in the downed Joshua tree pic.

Little bit of wind blowing but it was a cold wind coming off the snowy mountains all around. Pressed on with frozen fingers and managed to get 2 in about an hour and a half of driving and fishing a few locations. Fish released to catch again.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%204-8-11/Duct4-8-11_1.jpg

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%204-8-11/Duct4-8-11_2.jpg

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%204-8-11/Duct4-8-11_3.jpg

Lucky Lager
04-08-2011, 11:40 AM
nice!
i got up at 0530 to head to the local spot, but it was F-ING COLD, lol!
glad to see you got something for your troubles! nothing worse than freezing your fingers off & getting skunked.

actually, losing a fish is worse than getting skunked sometimes

yolo
04-08-2011, 11:54 AM
nice!
i got up at 0530 to head to the local spot, but it was F-ING COLD, lol!
glad to see you got something for your troubles! nothing worse than freezing your fingers off & getting skunked.

actually, losing a fish is worse than getting skunked sometimes

Yeah I had one shake off at the edge yesterday and it's what made me go back today. :LOL:

Ditto on the freezing.

I hand over the AV duct reigns to you. :Beer Toast: I had a pretty good week and actually a pretty darn good tough winter bite duct season too. I think I am done with reports for awhile. Would love to come back with my personal best of a 20+ if or when that happens?

Lucky Lager
04-08-2011, 03:15 PM
i hope all this responsibility comes with all your fish too, lol!!
adicfor & i are gonna head out there this afternoon. hopefully we'll get on the fish & have something to report!

Double A
04-08-2011, 04:18 PM
another fine job Yolo

did either come from Littlerock creek today ? ;)

yolo
04-08-2011, 04:27 PM
They came from the cement plants quarry lake in littlerock. They used to have a water turn out from the duct feeding it. It's like fishing in a barrel there. You can't miss!

yolo
04-08-2011, 06:25 PM
i hope all this responsibility comes with all your fish too, lol!!
adicfor & i are gonna head out there this afternoon. hopefully we'll get on the fish & have something to report!

With my 7' MH Cabela's Fish Eagle II duct slaying rod tapped on your shoulders I hereby declare your ducthood and shall be Sir Lucky Lager and Sir adicfor. Now go forth and slay.

Lucky Lager
04-08-2011, 10:58 PM
With my 7' MH Cabela's Fish Eagle II duct slaying rod tapped on your shoulders I hereby declare your ducthood and shall be Sir Lucky Lager and Sir adicfor. Now go forth and slay.

:Not Worthy: haha, good one!
Didn't think we were gonna make it out today because of the snow, but it let up enough for us to head out. We only had a half hour of fishing before it started up again, so no fish to report.
Gonna hit Castaic for a few hours in the morning, heard the LMB bite is on. We'll see

yolo
04-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Did you end up going to Castaic or back to the duct?

Lucky Lager
04-10-2011, 04:11 PM
We had some battery trouble with the boat, so we ended up fishing the duct, with no luck.
I went out solo in the afternoon & got 1 channel, but he broke off when I was sliding him up the bank....so no pics of that one

yolo
04-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Here kitty, kitty.