PDA

View Full Version : Striped bass at lake mojave question....

Anthony I.
04-07-2011, 05:01 PM
anyone have any info on a good swimbait to throw for stripers at mojave? I have bought two swimbaits and im in $50....so without breaking the bank too much more...is there a must have?

I bought a MS Slammer 7" light trout and a castaic 8"....

drifter023
04-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Folks here do not seem to answer mojave or havasu stuff to much. Go to iboats forum and ask fishrdan he has got like 50lbers. out of there and fishes mead a ton hard core fisher guy.... Always willing to help...

chansen49
04-07-2011, 07:59 PM
"match the hatch" either trout pattern for the big dogs or white shad colored shiny stuff for the schoolies. Bait, use the same you would here. Dines and chovies flylined.

Good luck

Marky
04-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Castaic soft baits or the AC plugs in trout patterns, 9" or 11". Remember, big bait equals big fish. You may need to throw those plugs all day to get a hit but don't get discouraged, it's worth it.

Anthony I.
04-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Thank you guys for the info....

Hey marky... I was thinking about getting the ac plug or the spro... The spro has a more detailed design but everyone/everything says the ac plug works the best... My question is do you (or anyone reading this) have any experience with the spro product?

snakeplissken
04-11-2011, 02:27 PM
i've only had luck on the spro b-b-z shad. but i still have yet to catch anything on the b-b-z trout. but when i do , i will post it.

Marky
04-11-2011, 04:05 PM
No, I've never fished the spro, sorry. I've had pretty good success with the 9" AC though. If the spro is similiar to the AC plugs they should work. I know some of the bigger plugs can get expensive, make sure you have fresh line and good knots, it sucks to lose them.