PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when Jenks is opening?

Koshaw
04-07-2011, 03:12 AM
I've called the ranger station since the weekend and had no response-no one answered the line and I do have the right number.

Anybody live near by and can find out? I would really appreciate it!

MexicanPistachio
04-07-2011, 02:01 PM
my buddy fished the river monday and said the gate was open. dont think they have stocked it yet but I went a few weeks ago and caught 4 in 2 hours.

Koshaw
04-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Awesome! Thanks alot :D

castle
04-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Open after Memorial Day.

IncredibleHuck
04-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Not many fish left in there.

seal
04-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Yup won't open till after Memorial Day:LOL:! Or maybe last weekend.....

IncredibleHuck
04-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Yup won't open till after Memorial Day:LOL:! Or maybe last weekend.....
:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::Fishing Hole:

RTG
04-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Jenks Lake is "open" now. It opened this past weekend. Keep in mind however that what it means is that you now have access to the parking lot for a fee. It never "closes", you just have to park on the road and walk in, in the off-season. There are always hold-over fish in the lake.
So the lake is now "officially" open. Drive in and pay a parking fee, or park on the road and walk in-just don't forget your extortion pass...I mean adventure pass for the road.

Steelheadpimp
05-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Jenks Lake is "open" now. It opened this past weekend. Keep in mind however that what it means is that you now have access to the parking lot for a fee. It never "closes", you just have to park on the road and walk in, in the off-season. There are always hold-over fish in the lake.
So the lake is now "officially" open. Drive in and pay a parking fee, or park on the road and walk in-just don't forget your extortion pass...I mean adventure pass for the road.
I just found out about this lake today. Sounds great. so I can jsut go up there year round as long as I have an adventure pass? It's a public lake then correct? Great info guys!

Koshaw
05-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Jenk's Lake requires a 5$ entry fee even if you have an Adventure Pass. It is actually privately leased from the forestry service.

Steelheadpimp
05-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Jenk's Lake requires a 5$ entry fee even if you have an Adventure Pass. It is actually privately leased from the forestry service.
by whom? I'm just trying to avoid these places like carona etc.

laserbrn
05-29-2011, 01:13 PM
If you don't mind me asking....why do you try to avoid privately owned lakes?

Steelheadpimp
05-29-2011, 01:49 PM
If you don't mind me asking....why do you try to avoid privately owned lakes?

Sorry, Avoid was a little strong. I guess I mean I'm poor and cheap. If theres an alternative to shelling out $22 just for parking I'll take it, even if the bite isn't as good. I come from the great lakes and the concept of paying everywhere I go is still a hard pill to swallow for me. I know it's going to the DFG to restock and such, but again....POOR... lol. Also, I had some less than pleasant experiences with the rude staff at carona. I don't care how much they stock and how great it is there, customer service goes a long way. I've been traveling all the way up to jess ranch simply because they have clean facilities and great people. That and I can limit out for less than it costs just to get into some of these places. Jenks just appeals to me because it seems to be more secluded and more natural/wild. Nothing against any lake though, I'm just glad to have fishing available at all! :P