PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Session 4/5

eggot
04-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Got the urge to fish again, so I decided to hit up West Ramp again, especially after getting owned a few days ago. Kinda breezy, but weather was nicer than last friday. Was there from 5-7:15pm, but I only fished about half that time, the rest was spent hiking and exploring the area. Anyways, I was glad that I was persistent today. Normally if things don't go right, I fall back on the d/s roboworm as that almost always guarantees a fish, but i stuck with the lizard and finally got one.... yeeeeeeeeh. Dinky, but he hit it pretty hard and basically hooked himself. Also met a cool hispanic dude who was doing well with a flylined senko (hit me up if you're on here). He convinced me to try it since I've had a bag that i rarely used, but didn't have much time since upper lake was closing.

Still had the urge to fish so then I hit up lower lake til about 8:30. Again, I'm glad I did as I landed a new pb, not a monster compared to ones I've seen posted on this site, but pb nonetheless so yeeeeeuh! again. Prior to this, my biggest lmb was only 3.5 lbs. I'm not good at guessing weight, but I know this one was definitely bigger. Here's some pics, the iphone camera didn't do this fatty justice. I thought about laying her down next to my rod for a better pic, but I figured getting her back in asap and unharmed was more of a priority. Fished a lil more and got a couple more hits, but wasn't able to set the hook.. so 2/4, not bad for a couple hours.

Thanks to everyone that gave me tips on my last couple threads.

mudskipper76
04-05-2011, 10:30 PM
congratulations on the pb! what did you get it on?

eggot
04-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Got it on the senko...

Ok, so noob question, but how the hell do I put up a pic for my avatar? I've been staring at the profile options for the longest time now..

edit: NVM figured it out.

Ambassadorhawg
04-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Congrats! Looks like a 5 pounder to me.

ghetto dad
04-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Nice report, and nice fish! Congrats on the PB!!

GD

toomanyskunks
04-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Hey! It was nice talking to you,glad the senkos worked for you too. Let me know if you try the spot I told you about!

eggot
04-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I actually went back today and tried that spot, but it was pretty windy so i gave up after 15-20 minutes. Flylining in the wind isn't fun

reservoir dog
04-07-2011, 08:28 AM
I was there last night at 8pm but skunked, saw a few fish jumping though. I was throwing senkos, roboworms and crankbaits but no bite. Oh and the sheriffs were there checking licenses.

LuvThymetal
04-08-2011, 03:34 AM
Good job brah!