PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 4/5 lots of LMB

P.A.W.
04-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Got on the water around 6:45 and got to my fishin' hole (swimmer's cove) around 7:00. Fish were crashing the surface all around me but all of my trusty baits failed to get any interest. Strange. So I decided to give Mr. Stripey a day off and started in on LMB. The lake has had a lot of pressure lately and my usual baits were not working too well (Senkos, custom 4" worms, Magic swimmer, shad type jerkbaits etc...) a fish here and there. Sooooo I thought I'd show 'em something different. Got out my Yamamoto 5" Grub. 1st cast Wham! Not doing too well at the tules, but from shallow water to abot 12' deep, where there is a fairly fast transition in depth, the bass were moving back and forth. Got a bunch between 3-5 pounds. I didn't keep count but at least 12.

The level is down and the inlet is open stiring up all manner of green @#$% !!

JAG107
04-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice going man! Sounds like the inlet may be producing a good jailbird bite....hmmmmm

P.A.W.
04-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Not really JAG. I was out there again today Wed. 4/6 and it was more of the same. Early Striper boils with no bites and alot of green stuff flowing from the inlet. The bait n wait guys were catching some stripers but not alot ( I talked to some of them on the lake and later in the lot).

Anyway the LMB are still on the chew. I ran into Gonefishin' on the water and tossed him a grub I had been using and just a few minutes later I hear "Thanks Pat!" and I turned to see him yanking in a nice bass. I went about my way and ran into him later on the other side of the lake and as I trolled by him he was wrestling another fish. Rainy and windy, but bass fishing was great!

ghetto dad
04-06-2011, 04:41 PM
damn...nice job man.....I might be camping skinner next week with my daughter and some friends, hope the bass are still chewin...if not..at least some stripers....

thanks for the report

GD