PDA

View Full Version : finally some success!!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-05-2011, 07:04 PM
got to the pudd early.got the 8wt fly rod setup,rigged with the mini dropshot,indicator,and 4.5inch robo mutalator.no love in the first spot .so moved.second cast the indicator twitches ,and goes down hard.set the hook, and my first 2lb.lmb ,is landed.next cast in the same spot the indicator goes down within seconds, set the hook on a little bigger fish.fish landed.no more hits.the water level is finally going down,i went over the dam on the way home, and there at maxium water release.probubly due to our next big storm pending.the water level if not lowered, would have shut the lake down.the shad have showed up, and a lot of cruising bass.no signs of the pan fish yet.any day now they will show up .so i can own some big red ears ,on the 2wt ,and 3wt. fly rods.hope every one is having a great season so far this year.....god bless, and peace out......mike the pmb.....

dday07
04-05-2011, 07:17 PM
was there today also,the water is dropping fast.and all though i was skunked(2 missed hits) i noticed bass chasing shad also.i had a follow in on my trap,just ran out of room

Ifishtoolittle
04-05-2011, 07:29 PM
got to the pudd early.got the 8wt fly rod setup,rigged with the mini dropshot,indicator,and 4.5inch robo mutalator.no love in the first spot .so moved.second cast the indicator twitches ,and goes down hard.set the hook, and my first 2lb.lmb ,is landed.next cast in the same spot the indicator goes down within seconds, set the hook on a little bigger fish.fish landed.no more hits.the water level is finally going down,i went over the dam on the way home, and there at maxium water release.probubly due to our next big storm pending.the water level if not lowered, would have shut the lake down.the shad have showed up, and a lot of cruising bass.no signs of the pan fish yet.any day now they will show up .so i can own some big red ears ,on the 2wt ,and 3wt. fly rods.hope every one is having a great season so far this year.....god bless, and peace out......mike the pmb.....

Fish near bass beds for Panfish. Last week I caught a soild redear from a school that was trying to eat the eggs off a bass bed. This though was at another lake.

Thisfool
04-05-2011, 07:34 PM
cool man way to go with the two LMB must have been a blast on the fly rod.

I picked me up a fly outfit last year and i really want to want to use it heavy this spring on the pan fish. do you got any tips for flys and or patterns that will put me on the right track for red ear at the pud.

Cartman
04-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Way to go Master Baiter. I knew we'd hear from you soon.

Cartman
04-05-2011, 07:43 PM
cool man way to go with the two LMB must have been a blast on the fly rod.

I picked me up a fly outfit last year and i really want to want to use it heavy this spring on the pan fish. do you got any tips for flys and or patterns that will put me on the right track for red ear at the pud.

I too am interested in learning fly fishing. I'd love to hook up some time and see what you've got and how it works. The Master Baiter has convinced me that the fly is great bait for bluegill and redear, but I am not convinced you need a fly rod to fish flies.

Thisfool
04-05-2011, 07:46 PM
I too am interested in learning fly fishing. I'd love to hook up some time and see what you've got and how it works. The Master Baiter has convinced me that the fly is great bait for bluegill and redear, but I am not convinced you need a fly rod to fish flies.

well you don't need a fly rod to fish flies. its called the float and fly combo. but take it from the nubby that is me using a fly rod is just pure fun it truly is a soothing engaging satisfying way to fish.

tacklejunkie
04-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Nice work PMB keep on 'em. :Cool:

TUNAVIC
04-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Lower water level finally,I'll be there in the morning cya tomorrow Mike take care.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-06-2011, 05:35 AM
thanks guys.as far as patterns.my most success is a tiny indicator, or foam cricket,the bead set 20%deeper than the dept of the water your fishing.sports chalet in glendora has these light colored beadhead flys called flash backs.there a light cream color.i killed giant red ear.also.at bps ,they have these real looking brown crickits.thats what i use for an indicator.giant red ears eat that thing, or will go for the beadhead below.also foam ants as a dry own.i love seeing the surface bite.thanks again ...mike the pmb....