PDA

View Full Version : fishing derby at brite lake

fish-o-haulic
04-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Just wondering if anyone is going to the derby at brite lake in tehachapi. Its april 16th from 8-2. I was supposed to have a huge group of people going and i still might even though at the moment it doesnt look that. Its $500 for tagged fish, the fish that are tagged are trout. kids 3 to 15 years old get prizes for biggest fish, people 16 years or older get to claim tagged fish. Itd be great to see some fellow FNNers there seeing that as far as I know i havent met any. Ill leave a link http://www.tehachapicommunityguide.com/tehachapi-events/viewevent?eventid=50
there you have it. Hope you can attend.

ltj427
04-05-2011, 01:17 PM
I was planning on taking my kids to hesperia that day since I had to cancel our last trip due to weather :Bawling: But a few days ago I remembered hearing about the derby that day which is the same day as the big one at Isabella, so I figured more people would chose Isabella instead and leave Brite lake alone. So we might be hittin Brite lake instead of Hesperia, but its going to come down to what lake looks more promising to get the kids on fish :Big Grin:

fish-o-haulic
04-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I was planning on taking my kids to hesperia that day since I had to cancel our last trip due to weather :Bawling: But a few days ago I remembered hearing about the derby that day which is the same day as the big one at Isabella, so I figured more people would chose Isabella instead and leave Brite lake alone. So we might be hittin Brite lake instead of Hesperia, but its going to come down to what lake looks more promising to get the kids on fish :Big Grin:

both lakes are promising but Catching fish at brite lake is a little more definite. because its a smaller lake that they stock the sam as any big lake. And it alwayse seems that first timers catch their limit. theres alot of good spots whereever on the lake you go. If you do go to brite lake i can show you a few good spots where i always catch alot of fish. But i havnt been to isabella in a while so i dont kno how it would be. I just go to brite lake because its closer to where i live.

TROUT MASTERS
04-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the info.

fish-o-haulic
04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Is anyone going to this? its on this saturday april 16th. Anybody? Anybody from FNN? Ill give away my spots. Maybe. Id really like to meet someone from here going there. Info is in the link.

Skaguy04
04-12-2011, 11:38 PM
I will be out there on sunday not saturday

TROUT MASTERS
04-13-2011, 08:10 AM
I cant make it an the 16th ,but will camp with my triler from 22-24.
Good luck.save some fish for me :LOL::LOL:
THANKS

ltj427
04-13-2011, 03:18 PM
as of now I still plan on going with two of my kids but it always comes down to are the kids healthy and hows the weather

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
04-13-2011, 08:43 PM
I'll be there.......thanks but no thanks for your fishing spots. I've been there many times to fish and have a few fav spots of my own.
There will be many campers at the lake before the derby, even camping at the shoreline so get there early to stake your spot.
Last years Brite Lake Derby there was no catch and release and will probably be the same this year. So after you catch your limit you're out of the run for the money......unless you get damn lucky and the fish spits the hook after you see it doesn't have a tag on it (wink wink).
Just hoping to have fun and stay afterwards for a bbq lunch.
TTFM

fish-o-haulic
04-13-2011, 09:14 PM
I'll be there.......thanks but no thanks for your fishing spots. I've been there many times to fish and have a few fav spots of my own.
There will be many campers at the lake before the derby, even camping at the shoreline so get there early to stake your spot.
Last years Brite Lake Derby there was no catch and release and will probably be the same this year. So after you catch your limit you're out of the run for the money......unless you get damn lucky and the fish spits the hook after you see it doesn't have a tag on it (wink wink).
Just hoping to have fun and stay afterwards for a bbq lunch.
TTFM

Im always early to fishing trips, everytime i go i wake up no later than 4:00am. And leave no later than 5:00am. I fished last years derby and know how kinda crowded it was, Dont know if you read it but a few weeks ago i made a thread on my bad experience with a guy have about four or five fishing poles spread out each about 7 feet apart at one of my good spots. So btw if you catch a trout or any fish there you cant keep throwing them back until you get the fish you want, I dont do it but most of the time me and who ever im fishing with(who ever i rode with) catch are limit reall early like we catch around 7:00am and leave around 10:00am and its kinda dissapointing because the day doesnt last long before we have to go home. And i half way have been thinking about releasing fish until ive caught what i wanted. I just havent done that yet because the fish normally die soon afterward.

fish-o-haulic
04-14-2011, 10:05 PM
still one more day before the derby on saturday. Anyone going?

coty
04-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Ill be there.. can you float tube brite lake?

fish-o-haulic
04-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Ill be there.. can you float tube brite lake?

yes but ive never done it.

fish-o-haulic
04-15-2011, 04:55 PM
one more day left. till derby

fish-o-haulic
04-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Gettin ready to leave on my trip ill come back with a full report and everything, maybe even a youtube video. targeting trout so wish me luck.