PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Saturday w Hiro

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Hit Pyramid with Hiro this weekend for a little recon…

Water stained pretty bad…

Started out solid and put down 5 fish on the troll…

Went and searched for some better water…..found some zones with a little better water clarity…..but no luv…

Switched modes…

Fished some bait…

We Landed 5 chunky kitties..

Our troll was riddled with a bit of technical difficulties so we lost about 1 hour messing with the boat motor but Hiro managed to finally get it idling right…

The winds came up in the afternoon and it almost looked like it was gonna rain and it got a little chilly but we tolerated it….

Finished the day with a humble 6 Stripers landed and 2 lost (2 ½ -3lbs)..

Plus 5 FAT kitties… (2 about 6 lbs -2 at 4 ½ 1 about 3 ½).

All action cam from the stained water, I am guessing that was due to the stained water refracting more solar rays and therefore being warmer..

Stained water was 58 degrees..

We have to keep monitoring things, hopefully the water will clear some and overall water temps will increase….

I’m sure things will clean up if no more storms come…

Anyways…till next time,
Gary

I didn't take pics....Hiro took a couple I think...maybe I can get him to add them...My main goal was just to explore the conditions...

Double A
04-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the recon Gary.

I hope to go up soon and check out the conditions for the banker's

Shore Stalker
04-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the Info. Could you tell weather the water was high or very high. Im dieing to go shorefishing but Castaic is so maxed out that there is no shoreline left. Im trying to catch the prespawn action somewhere but I need to now if I should wait till next week to see if the water drops a little at Pyramid being that Castaic needs to lose about 8 feet before I can fish it again.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the Info. Could you tell weather the water was high or very high. Im dieing to go shorefishing but Castaic is so maxed out that there is no shoreline left. Im trying to catch the prespawn action somewhere but I need to now if I should wait till next week to see if the water drops a little at Pyramid being that Castaic needs to lose about 8 feet before I can fish it again.
water is real high

trail blazer
04-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Great job GARY and HIRO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Same for us the day before,,,,,,,,,,itl get better

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Great job GARY and HIRO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Same for us the day before,,,,,,,,,,itl get better

TRAIL BLAZER
True Dat' !

In at least 4-5 zones I was metering HUGE schools....not all small fish either...

I see potential..

with water temps increasing it should snap on ...........as well as the water clarity improving..

Let's see, at least action is to be had even in poor conditions...should make for a better bite when conditions improve

Shock
04-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Good job putting them stripeys on deck! And some piggy kitties to boot!!!

I bet conditions will be great come end of the month it's gonna be a mass murder scene up at the Mid...Stripey is gonna DIE!!!

fish-o-haulic
04-05-2011, 10:24 PM
True Dat' !

In at least 4-5 zones I was metering HUGE schools....not all small fish either...

I see potential..

with water temps increasing it should snap on ...........as well as the water clarity improving..

Let's see, at least action is to be had even in poor conditions...should make for a better bite when conditions improve

Do you know how fishing is looking for shore fisherman

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Not sure, no one will ever know without just going there and trying...gotta pay tha' dues...

I suggest some recon to anyone thinking of pounding the shore...

I'd give it a week and 1/2 and see what the conditions are like..

Trailblazer did mentioned something about the shoreline fisherman in his post....

Something just occured to me, maybe hit up Hittson and maybe you can possibly explore together, I know he's looking at fishing from shore and he has some shore experience there.....(and not just beer drinking)///heh heh heh j/k

fishinone
04-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the Recon Report Gary.

I think I'll be up there on Saturday.

MikesOcean
04-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Great job guys!! I think I'm gonna explore on Monday. How deep were they?

Mikesocean

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Great job guys!! I think I'm gonna explore on Monday. How deep were they?

Mikesocean
I marked allot of fish anywhere from 8' to 43'...not all of them were active though.

I found active feesh round 14'-20'

Go get ya some "murder death kill" yee-haw : )

pyramidrose
04-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Answer to the question on the shoreline fishing. The past few days I've been going down at the end of the day to try and grab some pics and they've been pulling in some really nice catfish (around 10-17 lbs) a few nice size trout and good 1-3lb stripers. They seem to be hitting on and off all day but far better after 2:00 or so.

trollmiester
10-31-2013, 11:03 AM
gary where u been? hope ur music is doing good brother.