PDA

View Full Version : Fishing for kids, 1 - 2 hours from San Francisco

Jmscottza
04-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Want to bring the kids out for fishing, where to go in Northern California?

I consider myself new to fishing, I catch 1 or 2 some times but most the time empty hand (with many diffrent location). It is ok for me; I could understand, but I am planing on bring the kids out and want to interduce the sport to them and don't want to bore them. Where should we go for some sure hook? We live in San Francisco, I think driving 1 - 2 hours are reasonable. Anything is fine, doesn't have to be bass or trout or anything, small fish is perfect.

I hear about bluegill are easy to get hooked, but search the internet can't find anything in the area. The best lake I hear is San Antonio but I think that is too far for us. Does northern california has bluegill? or other fish like this, small and easy to get hooked?

Please help, I am open to any option, with campsite is even better.

simijab
04-13-2011, 08:05 PM
have you ever thought about driving down the coast and doing some surf fishing for perch. there easy to catch and you can use lite tackle. I don't know the area that well but I've heard Pacifica is ok. post your question on the so-cal surf fishing forum. I know your are up north but ther are alot of guys who know alot there.