PDA

View Full Version : Finally defeated the skunk!! 4-4-11 Pyramid Lake...

HunterAndy
04-04-2011, 03:53 PM
As you all know I had gone fishing 11 times in 2011 and got skunked 10 of those times. Been going to these "pay-to-play" lakes with no success...Spent so much money on only entrance fees I am ashamed of myself. Well, today I woke up at 930 and decided, what the heck, I'm going fishing!

Got to Pyamid by 11...Casted out a nightcrawler(inflated) and a cut anchovie...Bam got hit on the nightcrawler with a nice sized rainbow. When I was removing the hook there was just eggs flying out of it like a jetstream. About 30 an hour later my anchovie hit. Boom! Hook-up!! Pulled out a decent striper. Gestimating about 2lbs. Kept getting small hits on anchovies and squid heads I had saved up but no hook ups. Guessing they were small dinks.

All in all it feels good to give Mr. Skunk a stink of my own!!

Sorry no pix. Cant upload em here through this site.

fishinone
04-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Nice job beating that skunk.

If you try eating that striper you should like it.

They are delicious!

cutbait
04-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Hey, nicely done.. I can hear the enthusiasm in your post. Congrats man

P.A.W.
04-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Maybe you should change your name to FisherAndy!

HunterAndy
04-06-2011, 03:49 PM
To the 1st comment...Striped bass is 1 of my favorite fish to eat! =}...

2nd post...OH you should have seen my face when I felt that first fish on the end of my line when I set the hook...It was a straight shot to extacy lmao...

3rd post...I may be an avid and experienced fisherman but hunting is where my heart lies...its a 51-49% split between the 2!