PDA

View Full Version : The Bass @ the Vine and Colors?

karalm
04-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Looking for info and intell on your favorite colors for plastics at the vine. I see everyone goes from drop-shotting to Tx rig to Carolina rigging but as we all have our favorite approaches, what colors of worms seem to work best?? I am partial to purple and watermelon and have seen some colors on pics provided. Always looking for insight from Maverick and Kewly cause they hit the vine a lot and has also fish as guides but as the lake puts it – “We want you to catch fish!” and for Bass we all release to live another day so any info is welcomed and appreciated and as I catch em, will also post info on temp and general location caught so that others can enjoy also as the season will be heating up soon if not already getting going w/ a pre-spawn bite to date.

kidlogan
04-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Not a veteran of Irvine, however, have had some luck with a specled brown/red Yum Wooley Bug fished Texas rig. Caught a nice 3lber at Irvine yesterday with many strikes. Not very active yet, drag it slow!

jerkbait
04-04-2011, 09:48 PM
i've fished irvine for 20 years with muskyman and its hard to beat a 7" black powerworm.Grape has been working well for me the last few weeks.

EL_CHIDO
04-04-2011, 10:03 PM
i've fished irvine for 20 years with muskyman and its hard to beat a 7" black powerworm.Grape has been working well for me the last few weeks.

Gonna have to agree with the color choice. I personally love the Black w. red flake Berkeley 5 in Sinking Minnow t-rigged.

karalm
04-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Thanks to L, Kid and JB for their insight response. Looking to try it out next week maybe for some of those LMB's floating out there!!

Hog Caller
04-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Karalm,

All of the advice you've gotten is good. I usually stick with natural colors browns, greens and also purple. Most techniques will work at Irvine. don't be afraid to fish anywhere from 1 foot to 25 feet of water right now. There all over the place depending on time of day, sun, temperature etc.

good Luck,

brent

reeladdiction09
04-05-2011, 10:24 AM
watermelon, warmouth, and margarita mutilators been getting the job done

MAVERICK27
04-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Hands down, green pumpkin! I've spent a ridiculous amount of time out there, just been too busy to post. Sorry, I have a family member with stage 4 cancer, so I can barely get on the water, much less post. I have had 20-40 fish days lately with worms in grn pumpkin. Drop shot is great with margarita mutilator or black grape. Not much of a reaction bite yet, but like the other poster said, you can find em anywhere from 1-25 feet of water. Its easy to fish that whole spread. Pick areas apart. They will retreat a bit deeper mid-day if its hot, but you can find em. Good luck and get out there! The Vine is STILL a better fishery than most around!!

reservoir dog
04-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Can't go wrong with a black worm...

karalm
04-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks to ALL FOR YOUR INSIGHT AND SUGGESTIONS. lOOKING FORWARD TO MAYBE NEXT TUES FOR A SHOT AT THOSE LMB'ERS!!

MAVERICK27
04-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Your welcome! Take pics and share your story afterward!

muskyman
04-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Jerkbait knows how to catch a few