PDA

View Full Version : afternoon at legg lake 4-3-11

Thisfool
04-03-2011, 08:55 PM
got to lake at about 1:30pm started off drop shoting a robo worm spent the next few hours walking the shore drop shotting various colored robo worms.

seen few bass swimming the shallows and after a lil while i was able to get one to take a silver and black DT10 but i had to basically hit him in the face 5 or 6 times before he got mad enough to bite.

he was about 2lbs very handsome looking guy. as i was trying to get my cell out to take a pick he got a lil hard to handle and i dint want him to get hurt so i let him go with out the pic sorry guys.

stressD
04-04-2011, 12:43 AM
good job on the catch.

I might be speaking too soon but good thing someone hasn't attacked this report for mentioning the lake by name. The last few times I mentioned legg lake on a report the thread was full of people telling me I was exposing legg lake to poachers and endangering the fishery.

moejoepotatoe
04-04-2011, 07:50 AM
good job! i was there all day on saturday and didnt get so much as a bite. i tried green and brown roboworms, tiger shad, pink and neon green robo, rooster tail, and even had a pole set up for catfish with catfish dough not a single bite. maybe i was doing something wrong, hmmmmmm........

ghetto dad
04-04-2011, 08:17 AM
good job on the catch.

I might be speaking too soon but good thing someone hasn't attacked this report for mentioning the lake by name. The last few times I mentioned legg lake on a report the thread was full of people telling me I was exposing legg lake to poachers and endangering the fishery.

lol..you just opened that door.....

Nice job fool....great report!

GD

Thisfool
04-04-2011, 04:35 PM
good job on the catch.

lol the only way legg lake could get anymore poachers on its shore is if they where handing out free baby bass.

trust me on any given day there are probably more people fishing illegally one way or another then there are legal fishermen. Legg lake is no jewel that hasn't been discovery by poachers.

lol..you just opened that door.....

Nice job fool....great report!

GD

thanks much. it is my first Legg lake bass.

good job! i was there all day on saturday and didnt get so much as a bite. i tried green and brown roboworms, tiger shad, pink and neon green robo, rooster tail, and even had a pole set up for catfish with catfish dough not a single bite. maybe i was doing something wrong, hmmmmmm........

lol yea man dont feel bad i been there a good amount of times and have thrown every bait imaginable and presented it ever way imaginable and still get nothing.

i walked the shore for 3 hours yesterday and must of tried ever color of robo worm i have 3 or 4 times each

Ifishtoolittle
04-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Legg lake is nothing like it used to be, but I am seeing a rebound in the past few years so that's a plus.

ToadsToadsOnly
04-04-2011, 11:09 PM
If you could catch bass at legg you could catch bass anywhere. I was there last week at 8am and there had to be 20 bass fisherman and 20+ trout guys. Talking about pressure it was insane how many guys were hitting the small males.

Ifishtoolittle
04-04-2011, 11:24 PM
If you could catch bass at legg you could catch bass anywhere. I was there last week at 8am and there had to be 20 bass fisherman and 20+ trout guys. Talking about pressure it was insane how many guys were hitting the small males.

x2 that's why after checking out the lake last week I decided to leave the bass alone during the spawn from now on. The amount of anglers in those bodies of water make it damn right impossible to get a decent bass spawn.

Thisfool
04-05-2011, 07:42 PM
x2 that's why after checking out the lake last week I decided to leave the bass alone during the spawn from now on. The amount of anglers in those bodies of water make it damn right impossible to get a decent bass spawn.

well for some reason the northern lake was ridiculously clear about 15 feet of visibility with out my polarized sunglasses and if it wasn't for that and being able to site cast i doubt i would of been able to get anything to bite.

Ifishtoolittle
04-05-2011, 07:45 PM
well for some reason the northern lake was ridiculously clear about 15 feet of visibility with out my polarized sunglasses and if it wasn't for that and being able to site cast i doubt i would of been able to get anything to bite.

Exactly and the other 2 are well crap. And I don't know why.

Thisfool
04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Exactly and the other 2 are well crap. And I don't know why.

yea i hit the northern lake first and i was all like wow its so clear then after about a half hour of nothing i decided to hit the other lakes and it looked like i was casting in to milk chocolate dark chocolate swirl.

YETI
04-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Legge Lake sucks there are not any bass there and the catfish die after they put them in. I think the water is to pouted or something

Thisfool
04-05-2011, 08:11 PM
lol there are plenty of bass they just super educated on lures and baits

TUNAVIC
04-05-2011, 08:22 PM
lol there are plenty of bass they just super educated on lures and baits
True True,there are plenty of bass in L/L last year I smoked em there caught plenty of fish in the month of march,this year not so much,they never turned on the water pumps in the south lake,and maybe some other factors changed,but it's definitely not as good as last year. Biggest lmb last yr 8lbs.

Thisfool
04-05-2011, 08:29 PM
True True,there are plenty of bass in L/L last year I smoked em there caught plenty of fish in the month of march,this year not so much,they never turned on the water pumps in the south lake,and maybe some other factors changed,but it's definitely not as good as last year. Biggest lmb last yr 8lbs.

wow man that is a big bass nomater what lake you are at

5150fishn
04-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice job Thisfool. Glad you got out on the water bro. L/L and poachers go hand in hand unfortunatley.

Ifishtoolittle
04-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Nice job Thisfool. Glad you got out on the water bro. L/L and poachers go hand in hand unfortunatley.

Yeah? Just for a stinky green turd fish? :LOL: