PDA

View Full Version : Float tube maiden voyage not so sweet

KaliDawgFan
08-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Bullets and I got to NPH around 10:45 this morning and were on the water by 11. He was DSing GS and I was DSing various Gulp products. For 3 straight hours neither of us got so much as a nibble. At around 2 Bullets asks me if I want to pack it in. I agree but am rather far away from where we launched. By the time I got there CatchThatTrout, his son and SantaFeEric showed up. Guess we're not leaving afterall. CTT had a leak in his tube. The patch wouldn't keep so he decided to just fish from the dock. Everyone else went out. I went zig-zagging between the boats and finally got a strike and about 4 but it didn't take. About a half hour later I end up back at the dock to find Bullets on the dock with CTT. Bullets said he had just caught a dink YFC and that was it as far as the action. He did land another one about 5 minutes later. Overall the fishing was terrible but it was still good times.

jbacsaf
08-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Sorry about the lack of action on your first time out.

Granny Fish
08-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Sorry to hear the action wasn't that great for your first time out. You'll get 'em next time Kali. I wish we could have made it out there to say hello.

bullets_full
08-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Tubing is fun as hell. The action was extremely slow but the relation and closeness to the water makes even a skunk fun. I'm sold! I just need to pimp my tube out now with all the accesseries I need to buy.

Can't wait for trout season at Corona Lake.

Always a pleasure seeing Tony and Eric. We'll get them next time.

-BULLETS

one_leg
08-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Nobody invited One_Leg. :cry:

One_Leg

PS. Congrats on the Little croaker.

CatchthatTrout
08-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Ryan,

It was good to see you and Greg floating on the waters. :thumb:
I was very happy to also see my son do well on his first time never tubing.
The dock was slow until about 5 minutes before we left, I caught a smooth hound.

Yes.....trout season will be fun. :wink:

DreStyle
08-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Sweet ... The 57th Fleet is growing ...

sullyfish
08-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Congrats on the tube...They are a great way to fish

8)

Santa Fe Eric
08-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Sorry Kali I missed you with the camera.

Santa Fe Eric
08-06-2007, 07:36 PM
More!

makersmark
08-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Cool report and pics, even though the fish didnt want to eat, it looks like you guys had a good time on the water, not too sure about the "no-name" Im sure someone could come up with something :wink:
Thanks for the read guys, good luck next time out there

CatchthatTrout
08-08-2007, 05:54 PM
What a great time sitting on the dock and waving at the future Lindsey Lohans float on by us. :lol:

I had a great time watching my son float around and how much he enjoyed it.
I was really cool just chatting and having many laughs with you Santa Fe.