PDA

View Full Version : BBL 4-2 and 4-3

etaggart
04-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Another beautiful weekend in the mountains, but I think most of the fish are still on holiday.

Tubed around Fawnskin harbor Saturday morning - hoping for some action near the main inlet - not even a stir, and still lots of weeks down low (water's very high right now).

Switched it up and moved toward the dam. Slow show all around so I decided to cruise by Garstin Island to see if the croppy were awake yet - Nope! Water's still too cold

Cruised around the north side and finally hooked my one and only for the weekend, caught on a black matuka with a splash of red. Probably 1.5lb (pic below) and this poor guy must have been hungry - had a long leader with some weights dragging about 2' behind from a hook down deep in its mouth. Couldn't remove the hook without damage, so cut the line and tossed it back.

Got out Sunday afternoon for about 4 hours in Boulder Bay. No action in the calm area, so went out into the bigger bay. Got 4 or 5 strong hits way down deep, but none were hungry enough.

Hopefully it'll start picking up.

Cheers,

Eric

crappiemike
04-03-2011, 06:23 PM
waiting for some of your reports, you know
where they at..........

cm

GdHkSet1
04-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the weekend BB report. Poor bow carrying all that extra luggage with it, nice job on the surgery and CPR. Man I love those holdovers up there, i'm looking forward to a BB trip again.

recnpark
04-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Been watching for report on BBL. Going to start fishing that lake this year. Not a bad drive from here in Hesperia and need to fish something other than stockers. Hope you got room up there for two more tubers.

Spaulding
04-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Another beautiful weekend in the mountains, but I think most of the fish are still on holiday.

Tubed around Fawnskin harbor Saturday morning - hoping for some action near the main inlet - not even a stir, and still lots of weeks down low (water's very high right now).

Switched it up and moved toward the dam. Slow show all around so I decided to cruise by Garstin Island to see if the croppy were awake yet - Nope! Water's still too cold

Cruised around the north side and finally hooked my one and only for the weekend, caught on a black matuka with a splash of red. Probably 1.5lb (pic below) and this poor guy must have been hungry - had a long leader with some weights dragging about 2' behind from a hook down deep in its mouth. Couldn't remove the hook without damage, so cut the line and tossed it back.

Got out Sunday afternoon for about 4 hours in Boulder Bay. No action in the calm area, so went out into the bigger bay. Got 4 or 5 strong hits way down deep, but none were hungry enough.

Hopefully it'll start picking up.

Cheers,

Eric

Eric,
I think I just saw you out there a bit ago in your tube paddling past the docks/houses in boulder bay.
I was walking down the hill and saw a lone float tuber! Cool report.

TROUT MASTERS
04-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Nice looking trout,too bad didnt have much luck,but im sure its comming
thanks for the report

diamondbear
04-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the report , it'll get better real soon for you Iam sure . Iam heading up there this coming weekend if the coming storm isn't to bad fri. into sat. Iam getting the BBL bug bad .

Cameron
04-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Nice report things seem to be on the slow slide past week or so.I tried to get out friday with the kids but was quickly overrun by weekenders so we bailed out.Tried again this morning but kids didnt dress for the freezing wind off the lake.
We are going in the morning to try it again with warmer clothes this time.Look forward to running into ya one day Eric.

Piss on Myspace
04-04-2011, 11:59 AM
nice job eric, thats a gorgeous fish....i love their colors this time of year....i think i ran into you at boulder on sunday...obv you were in a fishcat flyfishing, i was on the rock telling you that i was jigging.....at least you got hit, me and my partner didn't even get a nibble over there.....i got two that day earlier at grout...thanks for the report, it was a gorgeous day tho wasn't it...

etaggart
04-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Hey PonM,

Bummer you didn't get anything. The guys across the way tossing up the inlet and talkin' smack were too annoying, so I didn't spend too much time there. I'm hoping to get up this weekend and will try more on the east side per JMyTuna's suggestion.

etaggart
04-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Hey Spaulding, Was that gangster-looking skin-head you? Or were you the one making-out with the hottie in the bikini on the dock? Holler-out for ET next time!

Eric

Cameron
04-05-2011, 11:18 AM
lol thats some funny right there

Spaulding
04-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Hey Spaulding, Was that gangster-looking skin-head you? Or were you the one making-out with the hottie in the bikini on the dock? Holler-out for ET next time!

Eric

ha ha ha. no and yes. I will!