PDA

View Full Version : Piru creek

TROUT MASTERS
04-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Hey guys i was wandering if any of you fished piru creek lately?
I was there last week and flows were high.
Do you know if dfg is stocking that creek ?
Thanks for all the info

LARiver
04-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Hi,
To the best of my knowledge, it's been about 2 years since they planted and I do not believe that they intend to resume. Drove by it recently too and it was ROARING and turbid. Check: http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/SouthCoast.asp
B.

TROUT MASTERS
04-03-2011, 09:25 PM
hi,
to the best of my knowledge, it's been about 2 years since they planted and i do not believe that they intend to resume. Drove by it recently too and it was roaring and turbid. Check: http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/hatcheries/fishplanting/southcoast.asp
b.
thanks.i wander why they dont stock it ?
Does have alot of water flows and much cleaner than before
nice place to take the kids.

exfactor
04-03-2011, 10:25 PM
because the state is broke!!!!!!!!! thats why

TROUT MASTERS
04-04-2011, 06:13 AM
because the state is broke!!!!!!!!! Thats why
but they dont have any problems charging us for anything they can get there hands on...

gogreeenz4
04-04-2011, 09:38 AM
but they dont have any problems charging us for anything they can get there hands on...

once agian becuase the state is broke ....

IncredibleHuck
04-04-2011, 09:47 AM
More likely it is on that list that can't be stocked because of some stupid bird or frog.

reservoir dog
04-04-2011, 10:43 AM
I read that it's no longer going to be stocked due to an extinct yellow frog.

Slick Rick
04-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Trek up into the mountains. It doesn't need to be stocked. There are plenty of natives ;)

teejay
04-04-2011, 11:08 AM
They probably don't stock it because it's been designated as a "wild trout" trout water. The stream is also under special regs:
(140) Piru Creek (Los Angeles and Ventura cos.)
(A) Piru Creek and tributaries upstream of Pyramid Lake. Season: All year. Only artificial lures with barbless hooks may be used. Limit 2
(B) From Pyramid Dam downstream to the bridge approximately 300 yards below Pyramid Lake. Closed to all fishing all year.
(C) From the bridge approximately 300 yards below Pyramid Lake to the falls about 1/2 mile above the old Highway 99 bridge. Season: All year. Only artificial lures with barbless hooks may be used. Limit 0