PDA

View Full Version : West Ramp 4/1

eggot
04-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Decided to hit up Castaic again after class. Wanted to try the West Ramp since I've never been there before even though I've lived in the scv for most of my life. I was excited from the get go just seeing all that structure in the first cove. Gave the lizard another shot thanks to tips from other fnn'ers and It seemed like a promising day as I got bit within a couple casts. Missed the hookset though, and put on a new lizard as that bass took a chunk of it off. Then it was all downhill from there.

I never lost so many lures in my life... several D/S's, carolinas, and a jerkbait. It was getting frustrating having to re-tie so many times. Obv, more structure = more snags. I wanted to try hiking down more past that first cove, but I was seriously down to my last couple worm hooks so I didnt wanna risk it. Anyways I'm still excited to come back and hike that west ramp trail as I've already been up and down the east side of lower lake a million times. If anyones got any tips regarding shore fishing upper lake, I'd appreciate it, either via replying or pm.

Also if anyone wants to join me, I'm planning to do a morning session sometime next week since its getting hot as f*ck late in the day. Just shoot me a PM if youre down, I dunno when yet, but no class next week so probably sometime during the weekday when lake pressure is lowest.

ScottyP
04-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Try a Texas rig, you'll get caught up a lot less.

Thanks for the report, you'll get em next time.

SDDave
04-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Try flylining a senko or a fat ika, use braid with a fluro leader, it's not going to work very well on winding days but, when it's calm it's best, try it in the flooded brush and be a line watcher, it can produce!!!

AngryAgent
04-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Try a Texas rig, you'll get caught up a lot less.

Thanks for the report, you'll get em next time.

I was going to say the same thing. Tons of crap in the water=Texas rig.

I also agree with Dave on the flylined Senko. Both are effective when there is tons of hang-ups but nothing is full proof. Good luck out there next time.

BALLERONBUDGET
04-06-2011, 08:27 PM
ask a pinoy what ur eggot name means.... haaahaaaaa

eggot
04-06-2011, 10:56 PM
ask a pinoy what ur eggot name means.... haaahaaaaa

Ahah... Yeah well a homie gave me that nickname waay back in highschool and it's stuck since. And obv I'm pinoy so I know what it means lol.

keepemlo
04-08-2011, 09:38 PM
I love the lizard right to the right of the ramp,,,,,try the 4in,,flylined ...and try a rob swim bait blue...pm me if it works