PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Crawdad fishing 4/1

SDDave
04-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Went out Friday for a couple of hours with crawdads for bait, got 3 fish and one that I couldn't pull out of the deep cover it ran into and busted me off, here's a pick of one of the fish before she was released...http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/sddave50/be87b6f3.jpg

Bassnman Mike
04-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Way to wack em Dave!

GREENSTINKYFEET
04-26-2011, 09:56 PM
GOOD JOB!!! I love the Dads. I have had some memorable days at the upper and lower with dads. Try ball point and all the major points in the fish arm. In the old days we could use that at Casitas. Myself, my daughters and the Steel had a few exceptional days a few years ago at casitas. Its been my experience that the dads are a great early spring bait, but once the shad go off they are not nearly as effective. The double anchor technique is the way to go when fishing dads off points.

AFFINITIVE1
04-27-2011, 06:49 PM
nice bass.

SDDave
04-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks, crawdads can get the big girls excited, crawdads like shad our just another bait thatch have available to us, fish will eat them allyear long but as the season goes alone you just don't need em to put fish in the boat. Soon 12 hour days on the water, sunburns and bigger fuel bills!
The artificials come out and multi species, stripers, crappies. Catfish on a spinnerbait...
Love it...
Just get out and fish!
Fish the afternoon for two dad fish over 6 pounds, a bunch of smaller bed fish bass and some slab crappies.
I'll post a pic latter.
Dave