PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon 4/2

FishinElectrician
04-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Well today I hit the lagoon up for a couple of hours wit my cousin ad his step-son to try and c&r a Bass or two... We hooked the boy up with a light spinning outfit to try for some panfish, but they werent cooperating, so we pursued the dink Bass that were cruising the shoreline with a small drop shotted worm... We each hooked a couple and let him fight them. Needless to say he was ecstatic. We didnt hook anything big, but we did keep that skunk away, and probably got the kid even more into fishing, which is our main goal. Not too bad of a day...

I already wanna go back, but next weekend ill be up at the Delta!!!

SDDave
04-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Nice job putting the youngster on some fish and teaching him about fishing and CPR.

Bassnman Mike
04-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Nothing like teaching the young ones the importance of Catch and Release, great job!

FishinElectrician
04-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Thanks guys! It was really fun, and to see the look on the youngsters face after reelin in the fish was very rewarding!

Also, one more thing I wanted to say was that I was very disheartened to see quite a few empty Bass beds all along the southeastern shore of the lagoon. I guess the Bass Ninjas came along during the middle of the week and plucked most off their beds...

Shore Stalker
04-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Ya taking bass of beds if f'ed up enough but taking bass of beds to eat them is just stupid. If people eat the bass and pull them off the beds thier just ignorente. How is the next generatoin of bass going to be born if people destroy every nest. With all the optoins for fish to eat why would people chose a largemouth bass. Thats like going to a Steak House resturant and ordering a plain hotdog. The lagoon has plenty of panfish,trout,and catfish. On the upper lake I find Striper scales the size of half dollors left by shorefisherman. The Pacific Ocean Is right at our doorstep. I hear that thing is full of fish.

I don't eat fish so I guess I just dont understand. But then again I don't hunt but if I did I would not pass up all other game just to eat squirrel. Eating bass is like eating squirrel. Sure some people do it but some people marry thier sisters. Its just lazy and shows lack of effort for your acheivment.

But then again if it is the Fish Ninjas then they probably think drieing Bass and putting it in thier tea gives them extra virility downstairs. Is'ent that why they kill everything. Because the last living thing they used is exstinct so they move on to something else. Im not bitter or anything :<

fish-o-haulic
04-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Ya taking bass of beds if f'ed up enough but taking bass of beds to eat them is just stupid. If people eat the bass and pull them off the beds thier just ignorente. How is the next generatoin of bass going to be born if people destroy every nest. With all the optoins for fish to eat why would people chose a largemouth bass. Thats like going to a Steak House resturant and ordering a plain hotdog. The lagoon has plenty of panfish,trout,and catfish. On the upper lake I find Striper scales the size of half dollors left by shorefisherman. The Pacific Ocean Is right at our doorstep. I hear that thing is full of fish.

I don't eat fish so I guess I just dont understand. But then again I don't hunt but if I did I would not pass up all other game just to eat squirrel. Eating bass is like eating squirrel. Sure some people do it but some people marry thier sisters. Its just lazy and shows lack of effort for your acheivment.

But then again if it is the Fish Ninjas then they probably think drieing Bass and putting it in thier tea gives them extra virility downstairs. Is'ent that why they kill everything. Because the last living thing they used is exstinct so they move on to something else. Im not bitter or anything :<

where is this coming from. No one on here mentioned eating bass LA lipripper said specifically he released it. Your rite about eating largemouth i catch and release them because they just arent that good. But then again i dont really fish them.

Hog Caller
04-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Great job on getting the kid into fishing, it's a lifelong sport that promotes kids to get outdoors and out of the house and away from trouble. The C & R was a big bonus too, can't stress it enough to the next generation if they want to have any left to catch.

The beds could be empty due to the weather changes as well.

Brent

stg68
04-04-2011, 04:54 PM

Good job, L.A.LipRipr
You the MAN, Shore Stalker !! I am fishing at nights and all my bass still at the lake, always .
:Not Worthy::Not Worthy::Not Worthy::Not Worthy:

Shore Stalker
04-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks guys! It was really fun, and to see the look on the youngsters face after reelin in the fish was very rewarding!

Also, one more thing I wanted to say was that I was very disheartened to see quite a few empty Bass beds all along the southeastern shore of the lagoon. I guess the Bass Ninjas came along during the middle of the week and plucked most off their beds...

That is where im coming from my friend. Besides im not accusing anyone of anything. Im just stating my opinion on the matter. But Iv been fishing Castaic shoreline for 4 years now and the line of boaters fishing the beds is redicules. I'll be there for 5 hours and see 12 guys fishing the beds hard infront of me one after the other. Day to day and boater after boater that adds up to alot of destroyed beds.

laserbrn
04-05-2011, 06:57 AM
I was so dissapointed on Saturday to see a guy out there fishing from the shore and pulling in bass after bass (well over 5) and they are all just little dinkers. The guy had a bucket and was just nailin' them one after the other and keeping every one of them.

I'm just getting started in this sport, but daaaaayyyyuuuuuuummmmmm that pisses me off.

SDDave
04-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Everyone who buys a licence has his or her right to keep a legal limit of fish for what ever speicies there fishing for!
With that said the lake and most in the know encourage fisherman to catch and release largemouth bass. I see nothing wrong with taking home a few fish for the dinner table, eating bass striper or trout once a month would be about as far as I'd go because of the polluants in the fish, I know they have a list for inshore fish of the amount you should eat, but making a daily diet probably isn't that good for a person, especially young devoloping children.
Now has far has those guys with the buckets, I know of them and so does Dfg, those guys are full on meat fisherman and are going to be dealt with soon enough by Dfg
It's a group like them wether there knowledgeable of what there doing or not, being from another country doesn't give ignorance the right to catch over limits of fish.
If you witness these guys at the goon, leave them along, observe and if you can film them catching and keeping there over limit and call caltip dfg's report a poacher

I was so dissapointed on Saturday to see a guy out there fishing from the shore and pulling in bass after bass (well over 5) and they are all just little dinkers. The guy had a bucket and was just nailin' them one after the other and keeping every one of them.

I'm just getting started in this sport, but daaaaayyyyuuuuuuummmmmm that pisses me off.

Kilo818
04-05-2011, 06:48 PM

2 bass limit u should of reported the *** hole

Kilo818
04-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Everyone who buys a licence has his or her right to keep a legal limit of fish for what ever speicies there fishing for!
With that said the lake and most in the know encourage fisherman to catch and release largemouth bass. I see nothing wrong with taking home a few fish for the dinner table, eating bass striper or trout once a month would be about as far as I'd go because of the polluants in the fish, I know they have a list for inshore fish of the amount you should eat, but making a daily diet probably isn't that good for a person, especially young devoloping children.
Now has far has those guys with the buckets, I know of them and so does Dfg, those guys are full on meat fisherman and are going to be dealt with soon enough by Dfg
It's a group like them wether there knowledgeable of what there doing or not, being from another country doesn't give ignorance the right to catch over limits of fish.
If you witness these guys at the goon, leave them along, observe and if you can film them catching and keeping there over limit and call caltip dfg's report a poacher

very well said

fish-o-haulic
04-05-2011, 07:35 PM

very very well said. I am a fisherman who generally eats what i catch, and i payed for the license so im going to catch fish and do with them as i please. But there is a limit to what you can do yes though people find it wrong to keep largemouth especially on this site, they are well within there right to keep the fish. But there is a limit to these fish and they are getting ready to give birth to more fish for the future, thats where i draw the line. I personally am tired of all the people that continuously pull more fish than there limit. And not just bass but any species, and the people doing it never seem to get caught.

laserbrn
04-06-2011, 05:38 AM
It wasn't that he was keeping the fish. If he kept two and they were decent size it would be one thing. My point is that this guy is was pulling them in one after another (yeah, I was jealous of that part) and he's just throwing them in his bucket one after the other. At least a few were pretty freakin' small from what I could see. I observed at least 6 and I was only there for about an hour and a half.

Next time I'll record the action if I see it. I didn't realize there was a DFG tipline.