PDA

View Full Version : GVL on april fools day...off the hook(or on)

viktory66
04-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Me and a buddy had a Bad a** day at GVL. All day April 1. beautiful weather a high of maybe 68. crystal clear skies. the lake is way full with a mass amount of snow melt into and out of the lake.
got there at 8am and left at 7:30pm :Big Grin: yep along day.
16 fish caught total
2-sun or bluegill fish
2-large mouth bass :???: WTF about six inches long
12-rainbows from under half pound to 3lbs
Most of the bows were put back because they were under a 1/2 pound. thought we would let them grow up a little.
brought home 5 bows though:
1-3lbs @22 inches caught on a generic (internet bought) hammered spoon about 1/6ounce. caught in the afternoon probably around 2pm
2-2lbs caught caught one with power-bait yellow corn and one with jigging with PB chartreuse power worm. caught in first half hour we were there.
1-1lbs caught with a T. buoyant watermelon 1/6 lure
Sooo one hell of a day. all fish were caught with Power-bait bait (chunky cheese, yellow corn and Garlic) and power-bait power-worms (chartreuse) and power-bait atomic tubes (chartreuse and pearl) also with Thomas buoyant 1/6 ounce watermelon lures.
other lures used but did not catch fish were Panther-martin, joes flys, cast master, lip ripperz, not sure what the buddy used. 1st pic. is me with the 3 pounder. 2nd pic is the 2 pounders. 3rd pic. is at home prior to gutting and 4th pic is fishing buddy with his 2 pounder.
didn't take a lot of pictures to caught up in the moment :Confused:

viktory66
04-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Just another note on GVL. the lake is technically closed we weren't sure what the rules are if any but we thought we would give it a shot and if we got kicked out no big deal. there are no rental boats, shoot no even a dock actually. the bathroom is closed and no porta potties. just a few privately owned boats. there was maybe 10 people there all day.

Boltfan#1
04-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Looks like you guys had a blast! Great report and nice fish, thanks for sharing.

Rot8
04-02-2011, 08:20 AM
They booted you out? I thought you could fish the holdovers anytime?

Anyways...nice report. Sounded like such a perfect day... comfortable weather, no crowds, caught fish, and good company.

phishin phool
04-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Great report! Ive been waitin all winter to head back to my all time favorite lake, its gettin closer.....YES!

Piss on Myspace
04-02-2011, 06:01 PM
awesome job....detailed report with lots of good information....cheers on thinking outside the box!!!

will i get the boot if i tube it in the off season?

phishin phool
04-02-2011, 10:08 PM
awesome job....detailed report with lots of good information....cheers on thinking outside the box!!!

HMMMMMM> POM i think you might be on to something there?! I wonder??

AngryAgent
04-02-2011, 10:54 PM

Yes you will get the boot and possibly a visit from the local sheriff. There are never tubes allowed on GVL. The locals will more then likely call the police if they see you. I could care less just looking out tryin to save you the headache.

viktory66
04-03-2011, 06:11 AM
no we didn't get booked out we thought we might. it was all good

viktory66
04-03-2011, 06:14 AM
I forgot this was a first:
The 1 pound bow i caught i actually caught the blue stringer that was running through one of its gills :LOL: go figure on that one. I'll take though

Piss on Myspace
04-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Yes you will get the boot and possibly a visit from the local sheriff. There are never tubes allowed on GVL. The locals will more then likely call the police if they see you. I could care less just looking out tryin to save you the headache.

hahaha thatd be funny, esecially if they NEVER allow tubes.......good looking homie!!!