PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Sheriff Deputies at Pudd

Cartman
04-01-2011, 12:19 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was fishing the inlet at the Pudd. I got there at about 7:30, and there were three Sheriff's cars parked with their engines running. There were three deputies, two really fat ones in white shirts, and another one in a brown uniform. One of them was smoking. I fished around there and could hear them talking loud and cussing and talking about how much they hated their jobs and hated helping people. I could smell cigarette smoke. They stayed there until about 11:30. So, for about four hours at least they just hung out in that back corner where nobody could see them goofing off and yakking. It really pissed me off, but I was afraid to make a report cause they might recognise me next time. Today I called the internal affairs department and made a complaint. The complaint number is 224057.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this or has had other problems with the Sheriff Deputies at Puddingstone. I had only had good experiences with them before this incident, but it looked to me like they were comfortable enough goofing off like that that they probably had done it before.

DarkShadow
04-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Kinda like the Sheriff's at Pyramid.

During the summer, 1/2 the boaters are not following safe boating procedures and breaking laws, and they're all in their air conditioned shack near the launch ramp, drinking diet soda and eating donuts.

Welcome to the life of a unionized government worker.

My dad retired from LAUSD a few months ago, and I would hear amazing stories on how your tax payers were going to government employees practically sleeping on the job.

I doubt your complaint will go anywhere. They protect their own.

Marley
04-01-2011, 12:32 PM
That's too bad. Goes to show that there are bad attitudes in every line of work. I'm not so sure I would be fishing that secluded area much for quites some time to come...

exfactor
04-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Your entitled to your opinion bud, but why are you passing judgement on these guys. They were minding their own business, and didn't hassle you in any way. Would you have rather they reamed you for no good reason? Their job is a difficult one, and you just happened to hear some of their venting. If they weren't there, would you feel safer? I don't think so.

gogreeenz4
04-01-2011, 01:01 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was fishing the inlet at the Pudd. I got there at about 7:30, and there were three Sheriff's cars parked with their engines running. There were three deputies, two really fat ones in white shirts, and another one in a brown uniform. One of them was smoking. I fished around there and could hear them talking loud and cussing and talking about how much they hated their jobs and hated helping people. I could smell cigarette smoke. They stayed there until about 11:30. So, for about four hours at least they just hung out in that back corner where nobody could see them goofing off and yakking. It really pissed me off, but I was afraid to make a report cause they might recognise me next time. Today I called the internal affairs department and made a complaint. The complaint number is 224057.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this or has had other problems with the Sheriff Deputies at Puddingstone. I had only had good experiences with them before this incident, but it looked to me like they were comfortable enough goofing off like that that they probably had done it before.

typical day of government workers right there....do nothing and us pay for them to do nothing

fish-o-haulic
04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Your entitled to your opinion bud, but why are you passing judgement on these guys. They were minding their own business, and didn't hassle you in any way. Would you have rather they reamed you for no good reason? Their job is a difficult one, and you just happened to hear some of their venting. If they weren't there, would you feel safer? I don't think so.

I think hes just frustrated because these are the guys supossed to be protecting us and there sittin around smoking cussing and causing a disturbance, when there the ones supposed to stop disturbances. it kinda erritates me too considering i see cops break laws all the time and when you need them they dont come to help. few months ago my aunts house got broken into, we called three times and the cops never came. the dispatcher said they were taking calls in the "order of importance" even though it was three o'clock at night. And just the other day i saw a cop drive up to a red light look around turn on his emergency light cross the street, then once he got to the other side he turned off his light and kept driving a normal speed. Im not saying all cops are bad, but ive had instances like these happen to me more than once or twice or even three times. its erritating to know that the people who are supposed to enforce law act like this and even break it on occasion to suit there own wants.

Dr. MindBendo
04-01-2011, 01:39 PM

I think what bothered him was the fact they stood there for about 4 hours. The cussing and venting, well who really loves there job anyway?

BassFreak
04-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I say give them a break.. perhaps they were off duty or jsut came from rescuing some old lady from king kong.. who knows.. better than ticketing people for going 16mph..

Trial and Error
04-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Someone complaining about the cops at Puddingstone? Wow, what a shock.

stepchild
04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
yes!!!! grab the popcorn,this can go on for awhile....:Popcorn:

snakeplissken
04-01-2011, 02:04 PM
there are still some good cops out there. but i'd say half of law enforcement has a tyrant , megalomaniac complex with a sprinkling of control freak. those are the ones you really have to worry about. at least they didn't harrass you without reason. i hate it when cops start saying " my job is tough , you don't know what it's like". listen genius.... you were given a radio for back up , tazer , cuffs , a baton , mace , and a gun. something might happen in that line of work. common sense tells me some crap might happen if you got all the batman gear on your belt. if you pick that job , you have no right to complain , plain and simple.
:Cool:so it's just sherriffs doing what they do best.slacking off , and not out being where and when they are needed. i'm glad you reported it.

fish-o-haulic
04-01-2011, 02:43 PM

pay per view without the pay

fish-o-haulic
04-01-2011, 02:45 PM

when you say really fat you have to be more specific thats describing all of them

fish4keep
04-01-2011, 05:42 PM
They're damn if they do, they're damn if they don't.................

Thisfool
04-01-2011, 06:18 PM
i can see where your coming from man.

these dudes get paid by our hard earned money and we have no choice but to pay them. I personally view cops as a necessary evil. The do keep rule and order (sometimes) but as for about 95% of my encounters with police, sheriffs or CHP i am just plain out right being harassed for no good reason. It dont make since to me how i can be driving in my lane with out turning changing lanes or swerving, stopping for every light and not speeding. to be pulled over with out any explanation pulled out of my car searched and sat on the curb while three more cop cars show up and have my are car searched all in the public view just to be told to get the hell out of here.

very annoying and concerning to see how much the officers of the so called law break the very laws they are paid to enforce then to witness them stand around for 4 hours and b.s about the job they chose to do and get paid by us and say they hate helping us.

GOOD ON YOU FOR REPORTING THERE SORRY BEHINDS. Im sure if any one of them was to witness you do a rolling stop at an empty intersection they wouldn't hesitate to write you a ticket from the sound of them they seem like the type who would enjoy ruining some ones day with a $300 ticket.

Also from conversations with friends family members who are officers of the so called law i think the screening process, personality test and psychiatric evaluations need to be seriously beefed up and made to happen more often.

its scary to hear a sheriff talk about how much fun it is to beat the SH&t out of people with his night stick and how he thinks its funny to kick in some ones chest when they ask why they are being stopped. Also just as scary to hear my daughters mom tell me that her sheriff boyfriend threaten to crash the car and kill them both because they had an argument.

fish-o-haulic
04-01-2011, 06:32 PM
i can see where your coming from man.

these dudes get paid by our hard earned money and we have no choice but to pay them. I personally view cops as a necessary evil. The do keep rule and order (sometimes) but as for about 95% of my encounters with police, sheriffs or CHP i am just plain out right being harassed for no good reason. It dont make since to me how i can be driving in my lane with out turning changing lanes or swerving, stopping for every light and not speeding. to be pulled over with out any explanation pulled out of my car searched and sat on the curb while three more cop cars show up and have my are car searched all in the public view just to be told to get the hell out of here.

very annoying and concerning to see how much the officers of the so called law break the very laws they are paid to enforce then to witness them stand around for 4 hours and b.s about the job they chose to do and get paid by us and say they hate helping us.

GOOD ON YOU FOR REPORTING THERE SORRY BEHINDS. Im sure if any one of them was to witness you do a rolling stop at an empty intersection they wouldn't hesitate to write you a ticket from the sound of them they seem like the type who would enjoy ruining some ones day with a $300 ticket.

Also from conversations with friends family members who are officers of the so called law i think the screening process, personality test and psychiatric evaluations need to be seriously beefed up and made to happen more often.

its scary to hear a sheriff talk about how much fun it is to beat the SH&t out of people with his night stick and how he thinks its funny to kick in some ones chest when they ask why they are being stopped. Also just as scary to hear my daughters mom tell me that her sheriff boyfriend threaten to crash the car and kill them both because they had an argument.

WOW!!!!! um okay no bodies experiences beat what you witnessed and heard about cops. Rodney King aint got nothin on you.

Trout Daddy
04-01-2011, 07:13 PM
The guys in the white shirts are volunteers, most of them retired and assigned to places like Puddingstone Park to have some sort of presence and they are allowed to smoke outside of the vehicles in non high traffic places. As far as the person you described in the "brown uniform" it could of been a sheriff or park ranger. Two different things there folks. I rely on the LA Co Sheriffs to protect my *** at work day in and day out. They do a great job and I have nothing for respect for them. I'm grateful for my job and most if not all public safety jobs have fringe benefits or perks. To some taking a little break during a slow period may be one of them. I sure hope that all of the information you have when reporting them to IA was accurate and that these volunteers are dealt with appropriately.......

smokehound
04-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Your entitled to your opinion bud, but why are you passing judgement on these guys. They were minding their own business, and didn't hassle you in any way. Would you have rather they reamed you for no good reason? Their job is a difficult one, and you just happened to hear some of their venting. If they weren't there, would you feel safer? I don't think so.I feel a million times safer without police. If they'd lax the damn gun laws, we wouldnt even need em. Would you pick a city full of gun-packing citizens that are allowed to carry a concealed firearm to rob?

Police are just an excuse to abuse the general public and intimidate us. The GOOD cops always quit or get fired after putting the corrupt ones on blast.

Criminals ignore laws. law abiding citizens don't. that's why we need more guns, less cops.

fish-o-haulic
04-01-2011, 08:22 PM
The guys in the white shirts are volunteers, most of them retired and assigned to places like Puddingstone Park to have some sort of presence and they are allowed to smoke outside of the vehicles in non high traffic places. As far as the person you described in the "brown uniform" it could of been a sheriff or park ranger. Two different things there folks. I rely on the LA Co Sheriffs to protect my *** at work day in and day out. They do a great job and I have nothing for respect for them. I'm grateful for my job and most if not all public safety jobs have fringe benefits or perks. To some taking a little break during a slow period may be one of them. I sure hope that all of the information you have when reporting them to IA was accurate and that these volunteers are dealt with appropriately.......

I respect cops to. I respect anyone who is supposed to uphold the law, but it sounds like your one of the rare cases where you havent been screwed over one cop or another more than a few times in your life. Some of the people here are mad because too many cops abuse there authority or pick and choose what case is sereious and what case isnt. Police i think tend to let power get to there heads, not all cops are bad but a great deal of them do more bad than good, and i know personally the police havent done much for me except hassle me and give me more problems than i needed. I still respect them because its only right, not all cops should have to pay for just what the bad ones did, even though thats how life tends to turn out alot. But hey if Police do right by you then at least somebody is getted treated right by them.

TroutOnly
04-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Sorry but the guys at pyramid do a good job,if you hadnt been inside you wouldnt know the have a wall full of screens from the cameras all around the lake the landings and other areas there sitting there watching you and you dont know it,sometimes one of the will have to to gorman or some of the areas to do there work,to help or bust people,,,,,,,,,,,

Cartman
04-01-2011, 09:39 PM
I feel safer with the Sheriff cars driving around. I don't appreciate them spending hours hiding in the corner of the lake when they're supposed to be doing what they're supposed to be doing. I was fishing where I could hear them for four hours. I don't know how long they had been there before I got there. That's not "taking a break." That's stealing time. I don't think those guys in white shirts are volunteers. I think they're security guards hired to work there, and I know the other one was a Sheriff deputy. There's nothing wrong with smoking on duty, but it is illegal to smoke anywhere at Puddingstone, and they have no business breaking the law and setting such a bad example. I don't condemn all police. I just think these guys should get caught and set straight.

Thisfool
04-01-2011, 10:20 PM
WOW!!!!! um okay no bodies experiences beat what you witnessed and heard about cops. Rodney King aint got nothin on you.

lol ok and pleas can you enlighten me as to how anything i said took anything away from people who have suffered police brutality or what happened to Mr Rodney King.

giving you the benefit of the doubt i reread my post and i still fail to see how i insulted police brutality victims or Rodney king.

im not sure what your intentions are or where when you made your condescending remarks about my own real live experiences and conversations.

o by the way thanks for adding so much insight and wisdom to the conversation

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-02-2011, 06:06 AM
im at the pudd almost every day.i met the head guy in charge,a while back.i asked him ,why there are no more park police,and just sherrifs deputys.he told me most of the park police got fired, due to lots of complants,and not doing there jobs.he was a cool older guy.they do all park for hours, and seem to be having a good time.the big guy in the white car does set there, and smokes at least a half of a pack, when there all together.it could be a weeky meeting.its not my call to stick my nose into there buisness.they are doing a great job checking for licenses and enforcing dfg laws.not like the park police.my self ,and the other regulars who smoke were concernd about getting a ticket for smoking.so far they havent said anything.one cop told a regular ,only if someone throws a bud in the water will promt a ticket.as far as im concerned they have a tough job ,.they are only human.

Trout Daddy
04-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Also did you ever think that possibly some of the people on this board may be Sheriffs Deputies. Hey if you found it in your conscience to call and make a complaint leave that to yourself. I can see it now, these guys find out that someone called to complain and find this on a fishing website, you aint seen harrasment yet.......

fish-o-haulic
04-02-2011, 10:14 AM
lol ok and pleas can you enlighten me as to how anything i said took anything away from people who have suffered police brutality or what happened to Mr Rodney King.

giving you the benefit of the doubt i reread my post and i still fail to see how i insulted police brutality victims or Rodney king.

im not sure what your intentions are or where when you made your condescending remarks about my own real live experiences and conversations.

o by the way thanks for adding so much insight and wisdom to the conversation

Um i was just kidding, you know making a joke perhaps it went a little bit too far and thats my fault but, you took it a little too sereioulsly here. Besides no one else here seems to have problem with what i said, and if they did they didnt say anything. and your welcome for my insight and wisdom

Cartman
04-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Also did you ever think that possibly some of the people on this board may be Sheriffs Deputies. Hey if you found it in your conscience to call and make a complaint leave that to yourself. I can see it now, these guys find out that someone called to complain and find this on a fishing website, you aint seen harrasment yet.......

I originally started this thread to see if anyone could corroborate my complaint. I regret ever having posted it. But I find the idea that I should expect retaliation for having made the post to be repugnant. I would expect any conscientious deputy to be ashamed of his colleagues for having embarrassed the Sheriff department and to hope that the guilty parties be taken to task for their behavior. What kind of country do you think we live in that you can suggest that I should expect harassment if any deputies read my post?

fish-o-haulic
04-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I originally started this thread to see if anyone could corroborate my complaint. I regret ever having posted it. But I find the idea that I should expect retaliation for having made the post to be repugnant. I would expect any conscientious deputy to be ashamed of his colleagues for having embarrassed the Sheriff department and to hope that the guilty parties be taken to task for their behavior. What kind of country do you think we live in that you can suggest that I should expect harassment if any deputies read my post?

sadly trout daddy is right should a deputy read this you could possibly face harrasment. But its not like hes going to hunt you down just to make you miserable, but this is FNN for you, all you can do is file your complaint and take it from there, deputy cant do anything if you dont brake a law so just watch yourself in public and you should be fine. I know someone who is in law enforcement should you face trouble i can ask them what the neccesary action should be on your part and what your options and rights are, if and only if you face trouble after or during your process of filing a complaint.

Thisfool
04-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Um i was just kidding, you know making a joke perhaps it went a little bit too far and thats my fault but, you took it a little too sereioulsly here. Besides no one else here seems to have problem with what i said, and if they did they didnt say anything. and your welcome for my insight and wisdom

ok true i guess i misinterpreted what you wrote. but why would any one else have a problem with what you said you dint say it to them your comment wast completely directed at me and sounded like an attempt to belittle my experiences and point of view.

just a little word for the wiser next time you would like to joke with some one who you dont know try not to come off so condescending and belittling and perhaps adding in a j/k at the end would also help the people you are making remarks to understand that you are joking.

fish-o-haulic
04-02-2011, 05:50 PM
ok true i guess i misinterpreted what you wrote. but why would any one else have a problem with what you said you dint say it to them your comment wast completely directed at me and sounded like an attempt to belittle my experiences and point of view.

just a little word for the wiser next time you would like to joke with some one who you dont know try not to come off so condescending and belittling and perhaps adding in a j/k at the end would also help the people you are making remarks to understand that you are joking.

sorry bout that no intentions to hurt u.

smokehound
04-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Actually, this post is not grounds for a harassment charge. You have to confront the cops and insult them to their faces for a harassment charge. This is defamation of character.

Posted by Troutdaddy: "Also did you ever think that possibly some of the people on this board may be Sheriffs Deputies. Hey if you found it in your conscience to call and make a complaint leave that to yourself. I can see it now, these guys find out that someone called to complain and find this on a fishing website, you aint seen harrasment yet......."

You sound alot like that one cop that kicked me in the forehead at crone park.

vortec_cruiser
04-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I've seen those cars parked in the corner by the inlet, and they are definitely NOT from the Sheriff's department. And they obviously had a lot of empty time on their hands. I don't recall who they were, but it was a couple different agencies. They were more like Rent-a-Cops. By the way, I like cops. For those of you who don't like cops around, what do you do when there's trouble - call Ghost Busters?

Thisfool
04-02-2011, 07:19 PM
I've seen those cars parked in the corner by the inlet, and they are definitely NOT from the Sheriff's department. And they obviously had a lot of empty time on their hands. I don't recall who they were, but it was a couple different agencies. They were more like Rent-a-Cops. By the way, I like cops. For those of you who don't like cops around, what do you do when there's trouble - call Ghost Busters?

that's a good point vortec i will be the first to admit i don't like cops but like i said i think there a necessary evil its just sad how many power tripping megalomaniacs you have to wade threw to find a good cop who cares and wants to help.

ive never seen any security agencies there just actual sheriffs but i almost only go on weekends and haven't been there in a few months so that might be why?

vortec_cruiser
04-02-2011, 07:31 PM
It's always been a weekday when I've seen them at Puddingstone.

fish-o-haulic
04-02-2011, 07:39 PM
that's a good point vortec i will be the first to admit i don't like cops but like i said i think there a necessary evil its just sad how many power tripping megalomaniacs you have to wade threw to find a good cop who cares and wants to help.

ive never seen any security agencies there just actual sheriffs but i almost only go on weekends and haven't been there in a few months so that might be why?

I agree with this fool. like i said i respect cops, but whenever theres trouble i do have to call ghostbusters, because the cop definetly dont come haha. like this fool said its sad how many power tripping megalomaniacs you have to wade threw to find a good cop who cares and wants to help. I wont say cops have never helped me, its just i dont even need a whole hand to count how much good theyve done for me, and i need more than several hands to count how many times theyve made my situation worse or didnt come at all. And the times they have helped it wasnt even anything that serious.

LunkerBill
04-02-2011, 08:33 PM
I agree with exfactor,they didnt hassel you. Look at all the A holes they have to deal with on a daily basis.Besides maybe it was a slow day for them it happens. The two in white shirts were prob the civil service,paper servers,I belive they are volunteers anyways.

smokehound
04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
http://www.ronfineman.com/R-30-4-corona.JPG

I will never trust a cop.

DockRat
04-03-2011, 05:59 AM
You should see all the CBP (customs border patrol) guys sitting in cars running all over the Port of LA/LB.

I :Applause: working cops but there is ALOT of SLACKERS out there.

I've been seeing MORE and MORE cops on cell phones parked for long periods talking and texting.

Cops Texting while on the job, what a joke.
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae251/freshgeardude/IMG00004-20100304-1736.png
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n287/tchuckp/IMG00131-20100501-1418.jpg
DR

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/letsamputate_2006/Web%20Junk/cop_sleeping_on_job.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/karen_l_2006/Funny%20Pics/sleepingcop.jpg

Mr.Wolf
04-04-2011, 12:48 AM
L
These guys do this almost everytime I'm at pudd. All they do is sit in a corner an yak off all day,and as a matter of fact it is illegal to smoke inside of puddingstone, second I have been reamed by these guys for no good reason, first he drove past about six other anglers then drove up to the dock me and two of my buddies were fishing off of then threw the high intensity spot light on us for about five min and just left it on us, then he gets off to ask us how many poles we each had in the water and for our fishing licenses and our identification, after he ran all of our information he says my id is expired and has to confiscate it ! Ha ! What a freekin joke. Then he took off. Total fahreekin' harassment that's what that's called. These dudes are lame. Killed the whole mood.

fish-o-haulic
04-04-2011, 11:54 AM
L
These guys do this almost everytime I'm at pudd. All they do is sit in a corner an yak off all day,and as a matter of fact it is illegal to smoke inside of puddingstone, second I have been reamed by these guys for no good reason, first he drove past about six other anglers then drove up to the dock me and two of my buddies were fishing off of then threw the high intensity spot light on us for about five min and just left it on us, then he gets off to ask us how many poles we each had in the water and for our fishing licenses and our identification, after he ran all of our information he says my id is expired and has to confiscate it ! Ha ! What a freekin joke. Then he took off. Total fahreekin' harassment that's what that's called. These dudes are lame. Killed the whole mood.

did u buy a new license for this year

Mr.Wolf
04-04-2011, 02:09 PM
i have my fishing license, i have to get a new ca. i.d. card now.....the point is he left his spotlight on us for FIVE min straight while were freekin fishing guys, thats humiliating.

fish-o-haulic
04-04-2011, 02:44 PM
i have my fishing license, i have to get a new ca. i.d. card now.....the point is he left his spotlight on us for FIVE min straight while were freekin fishing guys, thats humiliating.

AAH I see. that is embarrasing.

AbsolutePig
04-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Well if your Aunt Didn't live in the ghetto and there weren't 400 calls for service pending, maybe they would have eventually shown up. And please, you aren't allowed to smoke and BS at your job? That is if you even have one. What's even better then that is all the comments "I pay your salaries." You guys really have no clue........it's even comical. That god for our unions! What a bunch of clowns.

fish-o-haulic
04-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Well if your Aunt Didn't live in the ghetto and there weren't 400 calls for service pending, maybe they would have eventually shown up. And please, you aren't allowed to smoke and BS at your job? That is if you even have one. What's even better then that is all the comments "I pay your salaries." You guys really have no clue........it's even comical. That god for our unions! What a bunch of clowns.

No my aunt lives on the west side of lancaster about a mile from me. and if you dont know the antelope valley the west side is the good part of town. Ask anyone here that lives in lancaster or palmdale.

stepchild
04-04-2011, 03:48 PM

man!!! did i call it or what!!!...keep on going!!!dont let me down.....

fishinone
04-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I've had Sheriffs Deputies at Pyramid Lake refuse to even speak to a group of drunks who were having lots of trouble putting a boat a trailer right in front of the officers and threatening everyone who happened by. One said he had bigger fish to fry, that he had to direct traffic on the boat ramp.

I've had the privilege of working with one of Corona's gun permit cronies. He kept his gun in his desk and was always blowing up at people.

I had a cop in my home town ask me why I didn't fight when he pulled me over for speeding. For a speeding ticket?

I've also had other stupid problems with police officers.

The problem is without them we would have anarchy.

I have good friends who are police officers, gentlemen! You couldn't ask for better guys. If you hear the stuff they put up with, you wonder why they're still decent guys.

I guess it's like any other group of people. Some you like, some you don't.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-05-2011, 05:50 AM
like i stated before.all those cars parked together for at least 2hrs.are a combination of reg.sherrifs.and volenteers.i would think after all the complaining about dfg not being around ,to enforce the dfg rules,we could at least apprciate the job there doing.it diffently keeps the violaters at bay.yes theres always one jerk ,with an attitude in any job.but the majority of the cops ive talked to at the pudd are curtious.

Cartman
04-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Dear Mike,

When I spoke with the Sheriff's Dept. they told me the guys in white shirts are security guards. I agree with you. All of the deputies I have met have been courteous and friendly. They were doing their job on the lake checking licenses, enforcing the law. (I have only had my license checked twice at the Pudd. I'm happy when they check my license. I spent a lot of money for that thing. I need to put it to work.)

I haven't seen any of your fishing posts lately. Are you keeping secrets?

My feeling about those guys that are hiding out is that they are the jerks you mentioned, and that they make a bad impression of the Sheriff Deputies in general. That's why I hope they are reprimanded.

onehook
04-05-2011, 02:43 PM
this Issue of treatment to Customers (fishermen) will be brought up at the next Meeting 4-6-2011, It has been selective and directed at the sportsmen, not the boaters,runners,or hikers at the Park.

Mr.Wolf
04-05-2011, 03:43 PM

Ghetto ????? what do u even consider ghetto pig ???? i bet u live in a three bed. two bath, what do u consider that, a mansion !? gimme a break ! you're just proving to everyone how much of a prick cops really can be buddy....

fish-o-haulic
04-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Ghetto ????? what do u even consider ghetto pig ???? i bet u live in a three bed. two bath, what do u consider that, a mansion !? gimme a break ! you're just proving to everyone how much of a prick cops really can be buddy....
Just if your wondering i did take offense to him calling my aunt ghetto, but i figured itd be best just to let it go.

So your implying that the cops wouldnt come even if she did live in the ghetto. And you would know if there were 400 service calls pending you probably sent the other 399 of them. Oh wait but let me guess they would have shown up to your calls because they dont consider the projects ghetto anymore.

vortec_cruiser
04-05-2011, 09:49 PM
L ...after he ran all of our information he says my id is expired and has to confiscate it ! Ha ! What a freekin joke. Then he took off. Total fahreekin' harassment that's what that's called. These dudes are lame. Killed the whole mood.
And you do know that you are required to carry valid identification, right. So why are you complaining about him doing the job he is sworn to do? Don't blame him for your failure to renew your California ID card. It's strange that I have NEVER been hassled while fishing the local lakes.

fish-o-haulic
04-05-2011, 10:09 PM
And you do know that you are required to carry valid identification, right. So why are you complaining about him doing the job he is sworn to do? Don't blame him for your failure to renew your California ID card. It's strange that I have NEVER been hassled while fishing the local lakes.

Your one of the few lucky ones on this forum my friend. everyone here has been hassled at least once.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-06-2011, 05:24 AM
i myself was harrased by a newer rookie a few years back.before the park officers were all fired at the pudd. they were a majority of misfits,and rude guys. 1 excample is a local was leaving the lake ,the speed limit was 15mph ,which he was going. one of the officers was tail gating him to the point ,he thought he was going to get a push.so he speeded up.the officer red lighted him, and cited him for speeding.#2 is another officer in the east shore parking lot, seeing how fast he could go backwards .i mean fast.thats why they were all fired,and now regular sherrifs deputys are now running the show.

smokehound
04-06-2011, 07:07 AM
And you do know that you are required to carry valid identification, right. So why are you complaining about him doing the job he is sworn to do? Don't blame him for your failure to renew your California ID card. It's strange that I have NEVER been hassled while fishing the local lakes.If you look like a dork or a geek, you get an immunity of sorts. Alot of cops were picked on alot in school. They often target people that resemble their tormentors from grade/highschool.

AbsolutePig
04-06-2011, 09:57 AM
If you look like a dork or a geek, you get an immunity of sorts. Alot of cops were picked on alot in school. They often target people that resemble their tormentors from grade/highschool.

Haha..that is the dumbest comment I've ever heard!

AbsolutePig
04-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Just if your wondering i did take offense to him calling my aunt ghetto, but i figured itd be best just to let it go.

So your implying that the cops wouldnt come even if she did live in the ghetto. And you would know if there were 400 service calls pending you probably sent the other 399 of them. Oh wait but let me guess they would have shown up to your calls because they dont consider the projects ghetto anymore.

Do you guys live in California? Do you know there is a budget problem and people are getting laid off everywhere? That includes cops. SO now where you had 15 cops handling calls for service you now have 5-6. So that makes it 10 times the work. The Deputies at the PUDD are on a contract so they are assigned to the lake only. If they are standing around not doing anything, nothing is going on at the Pudd. Don't get me wrong, I work with some douche bags as well....but that is just the nature of the beast.

AbsolutePig
04-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Your one of the few lucky ones on this forum my friend. everyone here has been hassled at least once.

Not me........I've only been fishing though for 25 years.

glock19fullauto
04-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Regarding cops...you hate them until you really need them

AbsolutePig
04-06-2011, 10:12 AM

Actually I live in a 5 bedroom 4 bath house though....thanks......single story too. Name calling too.....that's cute....haven't heard that before. Have a clue about the profession before you start slamming it.

City Dad
04-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I haven't read any of these posts. Don't need to. In the years I've spent here I've come to learn that they're the same opinions every time... so here's mine.

IMHO - If a guy is routinely crossing paths with law enforcement maybe that guy needs to take look at himself... maybe consider trying some different strategies for navigating the tricky land-scape of adulthood. I'm just sayin'. It's been my experience that Law officers, cops, the Po Po are like a fire extinguisher - it's ideal if you never have a reason to call on them but when you need one you REALLY need one.

If you have a problem with the performance of officers and deputies in your area, a visit to City Hall seems like it would be a more effective way of addressing the problem than picking the brains of fishermen (I mean, we're smart, but we have like, no political cred at all.) Or, you could go right to the source and apply to your local Police or Sheriffs academy.

Now, let the hate rain down...;)

BlkManFishin
04-06-2011, 10:52 AM
EFF the Porky Pigs..

Mr.Wolf
04-08-2011, 03:25 PM
QUOTE=AbsolutePig;535982]Actually I live in a 5 bedroom 4 bath house though....thanks......single story too. Name calling too.....that's cute....haven't heard that before. Have a clue about the profession before you start slamming it.[/QUOTE]:Rolls Eyes:

first of all calling someones aunt or where that person lives "ghetto" is an assumption and u know what they say about assuming things....second i think i might have a clue about the profession but what did i say to slam it ??? i respect a profession where men and women put their lives on the line almost everyday for the welfare of the community they protect. i wasnt slamming the profession, i was slamming cops who get offended by comments left on message boards which have no connection to them then reply to those messages in a prick manner, get it pig ???

smokehound
04-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Lol@ AbsolutePig trying to troll me.

This thread should be terminated. It's gonna get ugly if douchebags like this just troll and vomit ad hominem.

fish-o-haulic
04-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Actually I live in a 5 bedroom 4 bath house though....thanks......single story too. Name calling too.....that's cute....haven't heard that before. Have a clue about the profession before you start slamming it.

Really you come back with this. I live in a 5bed 4 bath bla bla bla no one cares how many bedrooms you have. and how can you say "Name calling too.....that's cute....havent heard that before." you just basically did it too me. How are you going to knock someone for being immature when your doing it too.

Darius
04-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Don't let the few rotten apples from the tree taint the whole bucket guys.

IncredibleHuck
04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
This thread is about 6 pages too long.......

AbsolutePig
04-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Really you come back with this. I live in a 5bed 4 bath bla bla bla no one cares how many bedrooms you have. and how can you say "Name calling too.....that's cute....havent heard that before." you just basically did it too me. How are you going to knock someone for being immature when your doing it too.

LOL.....actually all I did was correct you when you said I live in a 2 bedroom blah blah blah..........name calling? Don't remember calling you any names. Go back and read it. Don't post slamming a profession you know nothing about if you don't want people responding. I'm tired of checking this thread so stop posting on it unless you have something worth my time reading.

fish-o-haulic
04-09-2011, 11:14 PM
LOL.....actually all I did was correct you when you said I live in a 2 bedroom blah blah blah..........name calling? Don't remember calling you any names. Go back and read it. Don't post slamming a profession you know nothing about if you don't want people responding. I'm tired of checking this thread so stop posting on it unless you have something worth my time reading.

Im not slamming a profession im slamming the bad people in the profession theres a difference. And as far as saying something worth time i havent seen you do that at all, ive just seen you start arguing with other people that started talking about the experiences they had with sherrifs, then you figured they were talking about you personally got your feelings all hurt and start ranting about irrelevant things. Oh and as far as name calling im sorry you just insulted one of my family members, sorry if i didnt see the fine line.

Hometown
04-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Thats what i was thinking
i haven't read any of these posts. Don't need to. In the years i've spent here i've come to learn that they're the same opinions every time... So here's mine.

Imho - if a guy is routinely crossing paths with law enforcement maybe that guy needs to take look at himself... Maybe consider trying some different strategies for navigating the tricky land-scape of adulthood. I'm just sayin'. It's been my experience that law officers, cops, the po po are like a fire extinguisher - it's ideal if you never have a reason to call on them but when you need one you really need one.

If you have a problem with the performance of officers and deputies in your area, a visit to city hall seems like it would be a more effective way of addressing the problem than picking the brains of fishermen (i mean, we're smart, but we have like, no political cred at all.) or, you could go right to the source and apply to your local police or sheriffs academy.

Now, let the hate rain down...;)

Sublime-Steve
04-09-2011, 11:55 PM
bump..... llLOloLOloLo

The Angler
04-10-2011, 12:28 AM
All I gotta say is I have family in law enforcement and it gets me sick when I hear storys of what him and his "Brothers" get away with. All I gotta say to them is I'd be ashamed and he'll reply with we watch each others backs. Ill tell him oh so you guys are just like a "legal" Gang. his answer yup pretty much. Then they try to glorify there job by saying they protect us. yea right go **** yourselves dicks!!!! Storys of drnk driving and get away with it cuz there cops. getting away with speeding on highways. Bullshit.

DockRat
04-10-2011, 06:49 AM
EFF the Porky Pigs..http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/SweetEllePea/Gifs/copdonut.gif

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c26/Msctv91/swineflu.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r171/Stupidone51/Pigs/CopPig.gifhttp://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/stixmix/PigCopSpeedgun.gif DR

TROUT MASTERS
04-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Forget about it.
Let go fishing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bman90278
04-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Forget about it.
Let go fishing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For sure!!!!!!

Go fishing, be legal & respect all laws, and be polite to all people, even if you are encountered by an officer who seems cocky.

BlkManFishin
04-11-2011, 12:12 PM
@ DockRat i love it LOLOL!!!

Big Ed
04-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Welcome to the life of a unionized government worker.

Easy now.... Im union and I work my *** off!

Later; Big Ed!