PDA

View Full Version : NP harbor fishing tubers.

fishinglover
04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi my name is Cesar and i have a float tube but idontnow how to use im looking for some friends to show me how to use i see a lot of videos on youtube for people that are fishing on np harbor but i tink they don't like to help so i'm looking for some tubers that can help me (626)378-2221

stepchild
04-01-2011, 10:29 AM
what do you mean by help....baits,rods,where to launch?

fishinglover
04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
No i'm need friends to go whit and i never use a float tube before.

stepchild
04-01-2011, 11:31 AM
since your pretty new,i suggest go on a couple of solo trips,take some pics,put out a couple of nice reports,,,some people will respond to them,and then people will more than likely invite you on some trips,tournaments....nobody knows you just yet....

951Fireman
04-03-2011, 02:42 PM
If you fish newport harbor launch at the harbor patrol station on bayshore drive, there is always parking available. Fish the incoming high tide two hours before and two hours after. Find the eel grass and fish the docks with gulp 5 inch jerk shad and you will kill them for sure. I will be out there tomorrow at 0400.

sonarbp
04-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of float tubing! I have no problem meeting up with you and showing you the ropes. There is a large group of us that tube every week and we are always willing to help new tubers.

The most important bit of advice I can give you is to NOT tube alone until you have several sessions under your belt. Safety is the most important. Make sure you have your required PDF and whistle with you. Once you get comfortable out there then consider solo missions.

If you want to start fishing the local harbors shoot me a pm and we can set something up.

Tight lines,

sonarbp

FISHINGVATO562
04-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Newport is pretty tricky for me, all I can catch out there is a big fat skunk and a sunburn. Ive tried everything at different times, but nothing. I wouldnt mind meeting you down there, but then again I am still trying to figure the harbor fishing myself. I guess im in the same boat as you but ive got some experience on a tube

PM me if you want

sonarbp
04-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Hey fishinvato....that invite is open to you as well. This weekend I am fishing the float tube tournament in NPH so this weekend I am busy but anytime you would like to go shoot me a PM.

FISHINGVATO562
04-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Sweet man, thanks for that. I will definitely take you up on that offer. You have no idea how frustrating it can be trying all the things I have.. Yeah this weekend a little packed for me but i'll PM you..

Thanks again

ItchyBass
04-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Wait a second Brian, does this mean you are going to start fishing again?

sonarbp
04-20-2011, 01:47 PM
LOL....yeah. I have not been out in a few months but I do plan on fishing once or twice a week again.

BassinChef
04-20-2011, 01:54 PM
I started out @ Puddingstone in Sail Boat Cove pretty easy to launch and get around not too much boat traffic, but I usually go on mondays. Shoot me a pm if you want to meet up there sometime

sonarbp
04-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Sweet man, thanks for that. I will definitely take you up on that offer. You have no idea how frustrating it can be trying all the things I have..
Thanks again

Not a problem. The key to NPH I have found is light tackle. I use 4 to 6lb line on a medium fast action rod. I use 1/8oz to 1/4oz jigheads with 3" to 5" plastics.

When we get out there I will explain my style more....or atleast get you on some spotties or halibut!