PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Trash Report

DockRat
04-01-2011, 05:56 AM
Hit LB for 2 hours after work. Worked Junipero towards the pier.
Tried the 110 metallic sardine then the Kroc. One smaller fish came unbuttoned.
Total count;
15 - plastic bags (black, clear, grocery)
1 - clear 20oz plastic cup hooked in the lip and 1/2 full of sand.
This cup put up a good fight and being a legal lip hook and not tearing
out counts for extra points.
2 - 24oz BLs

If anybody opposes the plastic bag ban then try fishing the Sewer Long Beach
you might change your mind. You would think after all the rain the LA River would stop
polluting the ocean, but not the case. Shame on Long Beach :Finger:
DR

Sublime-Steve
04-01-2011, 05:57 AM
lololololol got me laughing my *** off @ 6 am

DockRat
04-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Dude, Talk about Rapid Refund.
Less than a minute after posting.

Cangler
04-01-2011, 08:10 AM
No condoms huh ?

oldmaninsea
04-01-2011, 08:38 PM
DockRat,

I hear ya! It's really gettin' bad! No better at HB, Sunset or W. NB!

I know it sounds naive, but, if we truly love fishing, I think we should come up with some ideas to do something about it! I know, it's like shoveling s&%t against the tide, but doing nothing, just throwin' up our hands and sayin' " ... we'll just live with it ..." is almost as bad as causing the problem, just speaking for myself!

Maybe an informal tournament, beach clean up thing ... pool say $10/ea and a "Bonus" payout for biggest fish, most fish??? Anyone with better ideas, please feel free to make constructive suggestions. Come on, there's hundreds of FNNers ... surely we can do something to HELP OURSELVES!

Tom
over and out

ghetto dad
04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
lmfao @ "no condoms?" if you want a good condom bite, fish Cherry Beach...i used to get one a day everytime i fished there...the Magnums pull pretty hard, so fish heavier line there or light drag..lmao

GD

jerryG
04-01-2011, 09:36 PM
One day about 4 years ago I was fishing along that same stretch of Cherry Beach and I nailed an IV bag with the tube and needle still attached. Got it on the 3/4 prizm croc.

JerryG

DockRat
04-02-2011, 06:15 AM
lmfao @ "no condoms?" if you want a good condom bite, fish Cherry Beach...i used to get one a day everytime i fished there...the Magnums pull pretty hard, so fish heavier line there or light drag..lmao
GD

I've only landed 1 condom about 4 years back.
Junipero is the S side of the Cherry Beach Parking lot.

One day about 4 years ago I was fishing along that same stretch of Cherry Beach and I nailed an IV bag with the tube and needle still attached. Got it on the 3/4 prizm croc.
JerryG

Same spot where I ran into you a couple months back Jerry.

I've lost 1 LC and 1 Kroc straight out from the fat date palm next to the bathroom.
Pass on fishing that spot now.

DockRat,

I know it sounds naive, but, if we truly love fishing, I think we should come up with some ideas to do something about it! I know, it's like shoveling s&%t against the tide, but doing nothing, just throwin' up our hands and sayin' " ... we'll just live with it ..." is almost as bad as causing the problem, just speaking for myself!

Maybe an informal tournament, beach clean up thing ... pool say $10/ea and a "Bonus" payout for biggest fish, most fish??? Anyone with better ideas, please feel free to make constructive suggestions. Come on, there's hundreds of FNNers ... surely we can do something to HELP OURSELVES!

Tom
over and out

With population Los Angeles has it would be like shoveling *^#* againts the tide, Tom.

Now, many cities that the sewer screens that should help. A beach clean up only last a short while.

I have brainstormed ideas to get a screen system on the LA River but they would only clog up fast and not be able to handle the water pressure.

Back around 1980 these guys had a group effort to show how to stop the trash from entering the ocean. Up at MDR they lowered 200' of chain link into Ballona Creek and stopped all the trash and had guys in rafts scooping trash into big bags.

It was effective but not practical or safe. LA river has more water and force.

Here is my latest design/idea.

1st build a bridge 2 lanes wide.
1 lane would be a row of roll-off 40' long, tall boy dumpsters or possibly 40' dumpsters sitting on rail system. Then imagine a turnstyle one way security gate except huge laying horizontal going into the the river. Each catcher would have a big motor to rotate it and bring the clogged full section of trash up and out of the water to be dumped or cleaned by crews safely on the bridge.

This rotating gate would only have to turn when the rainy season comes and turn a couple times a day or every hour so the crews could get the trash and shopping carts coming down the river. Picture the paddle wheel only on this boat pic.

If they can spend billions on freeway bridge siesmic retrofitting why not a river screen ?

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/pankotski/73510020.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x430/transferamerica360/HawaiiBeachTrash.jpg

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq275/thetwoofussXx3/summer%202010/throwoutyourtrash.jpg

flyngby
04-03-2011, 09:17 PM
DR,

This was my PB Cherry Beach bendo shot and landed piece of trash!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/Picture041-2.jpg

beaver825
04-03-2011, 11:43 PM
I have caught my fair share of trash out of seal beach pier. i only fish there because i can only get out at nights and its open 24 hours. last year i caught a tube sock that i thought was an octopus or crab til i got a good look at it. i thought my rod was going to break with all the sand and other crap that it was filled with. I have caught a lot of plastic bags and garbage bags filled with leaves and yard material.

The state really needs to do something about all the trash and waste that comes into the ocean. I mean i thought the Gov't wanted to stop global warming! maybe they should look into funding states some money to help prevent all the runoff and trash from getting into the ocean. I mean you can't stop it all but you help reduce the amount getting into the ocean. Well thats just my two cents.

Overall this was a funny post and i do enjoy a good laugh or two!

fishfinder
04-04-2011, 10:04 AM
I wish they would outlaw plastic grocery bags. they are everywhere you go outdoors